Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow... for real.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Until the morning arrives when you've thrown all your blankets off, your massive (seriously, i have an overlapping gut) belly is hanging out, literally, and you're embarrassed when you realize that your bf has seen it.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    1. I'm tired
    2. I don't have time
    3. I already binged there is no point today
    4. it's raining/snowing
    5. TOM
    6. I'm sick
    7. Just one piece
    8. I can eat this in moderation
    9. I've been good all week
    10. my weight isn't changing, what's the point
    11. I don't feel like it
    12. I'll start next week
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I'll start tomorrow... for real.

No no, everyone knows you can't start a new diet until Monday. :laugh:
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I can relate to many of these! Here are some of mine:

1. All the women in my family are big, so I guess that's just how I'm supposed to be.
    --Right, like we all have this gene that magically injects fat into your body at the age of 25--

2. My husband still thinks I'm sexy! Who cares what other people think!
    --Ever think MAYBE he's just being the kind, loving man he is as opposed to thinking 75 extra pounds is hot--

3. Life's too short not to enjoy the foods you love.
    --Ok, but enjoying food is different than binge eating chocolate all day, every day. Besides, eating all that junk is going to make life a little shorter--
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy.
    I can't afford a gym membership or healthy foods.
    If I don't have time for minimum 1 hour workout there's no point.

My aha moment was realizing it's not all about exercise or salads, it's about eating less, moving more. Half hour workouts at home go a long way as long as you stay consistent.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My biggest excuse was "I don't eat that much". Well I thought I wasn't eating a lot then I started logging here and realized I DO eat a lot, much more than I realized especially when it came to snack foods.

This is a good one. I don't think anyone really understands how much they eat until they pay attention for awhile.
  • viperbrick
    viperbrick Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's the weekend.
    It's a party.
    I'm on vacation.
    It's Friday.
    I never get to have X, it's special.
    I've lost so much already, faster than I thought I would, maybe I should slow down, it's not a race.

Thanks for this thread, I needed this!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining muscle
    I'm big boned
    Mowing the lawn and parking further away from the door is all the exercise I need
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Variations of reasons why it's all his fault.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    The one I hear a great deal of from clients, and just people in general: I cannot lose weight because of *insert name of medication*. Which translates to "I am a special snowflake and I am not going to work on reducing what I eat and moving more because it takes work." *as I sit there and try not to roll my eyes and lecture*
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    So many of the above.

By biggest one right now is - but I'm going out with my friends and I want to eat and drink like them, so I'll start after this weekend. This never really works because I do something social almost every weekend and sometimes during the week. For some reason when I started losing weight, I was much better at eating healthier and sticking to water while we were out, not so much right now.
  • Rawr1978
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    My biggest excuse was "I don't eat that much". Well I thought I wasn't eating a lot then I started logging here and realized I DO eat a lot, much more than I realized especially when it came to snack foods.

Oh yeah, this one too.

It's not the quantity, it's the calories.

My own mother uses this excuse ALL THE TIME. Needless to say, she's still morbidly obese.

I have friends who swear that they only eat healthy foods, but are still 20+ lbs overweight. You can be overweight and only eat healthy stuff.
  • Rawr1978
    Options

1. All the women in my family are big, so I guess that's just how I'm supposed to be.
    --Right, like we all have this gene that magically injects fat into your body at the age of 25--

--Ever think MAYBE he's just being the kind, loving man he is as opposed to thinking 75 extra pounds is hot--

--Ok, but enjoying food is different than binge eating chocolate all day, every day. Besides, eating all that junk is going to make life a little shorter--

My bf doesn't say anything negative, either, but you know they're just being nice. Mine is thin, works at it, so im highly doubting that he finds my 40+ lbs hot.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Biggest excuses:

1. My back/shoulder is in pain (and while true, 1; it goes away when I'm actually keeping up with my rehabilitation, which includes lifting and 2; I can still eat healthy even if I'm in too much pain to work out)
    2. I had a bad day (even though I can have some really crappy days, I *know* that I much prefer a hot cup of tea, a warm bath, some favourite tv and a small piece of dark chocolate and maybe a few hard candies and dried mango over a gigantic bar of candy chocolate).
    3. No time. (Though I know that there's no such thing, because it's all about how I prioritize the time I do have, and the fact that I'm doing it wrong.)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    "People say I look okay"... yeah? Well, what do you yourself say??
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mine was that I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight, so I saw no point in being miserable eating very little food to lose (the dietitian I saw when I was 19 convinced me that I had a very low metabolism and would have to eat 1300 calories forever if I wanted not to be fat anymore).

That's pretty much it. I never even looked for an excuse, I just didn't want to do it (I did maintain my 200 pounds easily eating whatever I wanted for 10 years, until I was put on steroids, which made me gain, and that's what made me start to lose weight, as I wasn't maintaining anymore).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Rawr1978 wrote: »

My bf doesn't say anything negative, either, but you know they're just being nice. Mine is thin, works at it, so im highly doubting that he finds my 40+ lbs hot.

I can say my husband didn't care unless it affected my health....I am the smallest woman he has dated in his adult life...even at my biggest.

Some men don't care.

My excuses were...

1. To tired (yah exercise gives you energy)
    2. To much stuff to do...if you count keeping the couch on the floor "stuff"
    3. I look fine...
    4. I am not "that" big (delusional)

But that was near the end...at the start I just didn't care to be frank. I like food. I like to eat so that's what I did and it was fun for 20 years. Now I just don't eat as much and move more.