Anyone else doing Keto,

Options
Hi there,
Anyone else on a keto food plan? Would love to add you as a friend so we can help each other!

Replies

• BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, my diary is open. Add me!
  • smcveigh72
    smcveigh72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing the keto diet for 7 days. I'm down 8lbs and felling pretty good. The first few days were super hard through. How are u doing so far?
  • Gr8tDaneLover
    Gr8tDaneLover Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about a week also. I only really hit a rough patch yesterday. Couldn't seem to feel full. Think my body was craving sugar as I finally found a crystal light water flavour packet and once I drank some of that I started to feel better.
    Congrats on the 8lbs! That's awesome! I'm
    Down around 4 lbs :)
    Are you on any of the Keto Facebook pages?
  • RMJ2015
    RMJ2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just getting started! I follow several facebook pages.
  • Missy5ft2
    Missy5ft2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been ketoing for 6 weeks now - down 14 lbs - although dang MFP is only showing 6 lbs lost...I'm not sure if it only shows the month's loss or if I have my settings wrong or what. I'm not on any keto facebook pages, but I'll check them out now. I do read all the reddit boards regularly and am participating in a 100 day keto challenge. If you follow this link https://www.reddit.com/r/100DaysofKeto you'll get to the 100 day challenge. Look on the right side bar & you'll find a bunch of other threads that are great. Pretty much anything you want (and don't want) to know is there. I'm always looking for weight loss buddies - I have about 80 more lbs to go.
  • Gr8tDaneLover
    Options
    I'm right there with you Missy !! I also have about 80 lbs to go.
    I'll definitely check out your link. I'm loving the Facebook page Keto Adapted. Lots of friendly people and great info!

RMJ looks like we're all new to this. So we can all help each other. We're all newbies and in the same boat :)
  • surferxterra
    surferxterra Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto today actually. Super excited to see the progress as it seems everyone does great on this program.
  • cjensen25
    cjensen25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I've been on keto for the last 18 months (carb cycled a few times). I've lost 78lbs :smile:. You should try make some fat bombs for when you're wanting something to snack on
  • Gr8tDaneLover
    Options
    Welcome surferxterra :) We're here if you need any help or advice! Super great community here!
  • Gr8tDaneLover
    Options
    cjensen25 wrote: »
    I've lost 78lbs :smile:. You should try make some fat bombs for when you're wanting something to snack on

Congrats on the loss CJ!

I've just started to look into fat bombs as im having a hard time getting to my fat intake goal.
    Are there any that you recommend?

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Missy5ft2 wrote: »
    I've been ketoing for 6 weeks now - down 14 lbs - although dang MFP is only showing 6 lbs lost...I'm not sure if it only shows the month's loss or if I have my settings wrong or what.

You may need to go to the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit when you are logged in and you can adjust your starting weight. I had the same problem and correcting the starting weight fixed it. Hope this works for you too!

I'm just lurking for Keto receipes. I'm T2 diabetic, so I try a lot of keto foods to supplment my lower carb meals. I do between 10 and 45 carbs per meal, which I know isn't keto at all. But it's nice way to get yummy snacks into my diet!
  • cjensen25
    cjensen25 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    cjensen25 wrote: »
    I've lost 78lbs :smile:. You should try make some fat bombs for when you're wanting something to snack on

Congrats on the loss CJ!

I've just started to look into fat bombs as im having a hard time getting to my fat intake goal.
    Are there any that you recommend?
    Thank you :smile: !

Coconut oil, no added sugar and high fibre peanut butter (smooth works best) and a little bit of cocoa powder! Heat 2 tbsp of Coconut oil in the microwave until liquid and then mix all ingredients. Set in ice cube or similar moulds and place in the fridge.... Heaven!

I get most of my inspiration for recipes from Reddit or http://www.ruled.me

Instagram also has a large Keto user base!
  • joseyyyy
    joseyyyy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just jumped back on the keto wagon today. Enough is enough! Lets do this!
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, been on the keto way of eating for 1 week, the more friends the merrier. 3lb down so far
  • Gr8tDaneLover
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Will try making thay tonight. Ty! I love ruled.me also :)

• Gr8tDaneLover
    Options
    Welcome joseyyyy and SlimSonic! Congrats on the loss! :)
    And yes! Let's do this! !
  • erindellamore
    erindellamore Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a keto dieter! Been doing it for close to a month now and nothing has made such a difference in my health and body composition as this. I love it and if love to help support anyone starting a keto lifestyle! Feel free to add me or anyone else in this topic :smile:
  • NickScarano
    NickScarano Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 10 weeks today and never felt this good
    Best part I don't think about food