Losing is harder in your 30's

Options
124»

Replies

• neverquit33
    neverquit33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Each decade it gets harder as your body changes. Having a strong foundation/good habits is what I am telling my girls. I've noticed losing weight in my 20's was a piece of cake, 30's harder now mid 40's even harder (stupid roller coaster of gaining/losing weight). It is a life long decision.

Just keep the confidence up and never stop working at it. Most of us have to work at it.

My own goal is to try for the 1/2 marathon next year as my oldest ran it this year. I plan on staying with her and breaking 2 hours.

I was just telling my husband 5 yrs ago I want to have the knowledge of healthy eating and exercise routine as a habit NOW not later in my 40's or 50''s. It's much harder to break bad habits the older you get. Power to the ones who can lose tons of weight without much effort. More power them. But like you said I know I have to work harder to see results. I was in denial for a long time but now ready to accept it and work with it and move forward.

I see my parents and how they eat and do not want to be in their place.I love them but they are killing themselves with food and don't even know it because they are skinny, hence skinny fat. I have been on this new routine in tracking what I eat and already lost 2 lbs and some inches.