I didn't know I was ready to write one...(no photos yet)

Options
BodyByBex
BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
Where my turning points SHOULD have been:

1) When I didn't fit into my size 14 'fat' jeans anymore (2009)

2) When I cried in the dressing room having to buy new bras(HELLOOOO GROWTH!)(2010)

3) When I finally got a job and cried because I had to buy size 16 jeans for the first time.(2011)

4) When my (now ex) husband told me that, while he loved me, he was no longer physically attracted to me.(2011)

5) When my (now former) mother-in-law expressed concern about my ability to carry her potential grandchildren without complications.(2012)

What finally did me in was, after I separated from my husband, I got involved with someone. I finalized my divorce, and, 6 months later, this guy dropped me out of the blue. Dumped me for no solid given reason. Told me to never contact him directly ever again. (Jan. 2015)

I wanted revenge. I wanted to be SO attractive to him that he wouldn't be able to resist me and would want me back so I could reject him the way he rejected me.
Every time I thought about him, I worked out. I got 2 pounds off before the end of January and then followed my cousin's advice and actually logged my food on my My Fitness Pal.(Feb 2015)
Funny how plans, programs, and leave in conditioners only work if you actually USE them.

I was close friends with his parents and was on the phone or on Facebook with them quite a bit.

While losing weight, I did things that brought fulfillment and happiness into my life. I threw myself into my work, joined a community choir, volunteered at my local animal shelter, took free online classes, read books, got back into old hobbies once forgotten, and became passionate about my own health.

Earlier this month. I swung by Chris and Shawna's(his parents) and they warned me that the man who had 'broken my heart' was living with them again. Another unsuccessful attempt at flight from the nest.

I was talking to his parents, his children, his ex-wife and all the while he kept trying to get me to pay attention to him. Asking me what I was doing, where I was working, who I was hanging out with.

While he was vying for my attention, I realized, I didn't care. I didn't WANT his attention. I wasn't rude or disrespectful towards him but I reflected on the whole 9 months I desired and pined for this guy and realized, finally, he wasn't worth it.

I am.

My weight loss and journey towards good health continues. I started at 220 lbs. I'm now at 173 lbs. My goal is 150.

My greatest accomplishment is being able to show my parents what works. I got them involved in MFP and my mother is down 16 pounds and my father is down 28 pounds.

Replies

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Funny how plans, programs, and leave in conditioners only work if you actually USE them.

he wasn't worth it.

I am.

My weight loss and journey towards good health continues. I started at 220 lbs. I'm now at 173 lbs. My goal is 150.

My greatest accomplishment is being able to show my parents what works. I got them involved in MFP and my mother is down 16 pounds and my father is down 28 pounds.

Well, you were married and then dated so I am sure you were quite attractive at 220 lbs. So it's a good you realize that you are doing this weight loss for YOU and not for anyone else.

I really like how you were able to motivate your parents to lose weight
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »

he wasn't worth it.

I am.

Well, you were married and then dated so I am sure you were quite attractive at 220 lbs. So it's a good you realize that you are doing this weight loss for YOU and not for anyone else.

I really like how you were able to motivate your parents to lose weight

ETA: Thank you for the compliment. I'm a hourglass figure and I carry the extra weight really well, especially while clothed. Once the clothes came off however.... :confounded:

@joinn68 It was difficult to get my dad on board because when I would log something he would just roll his eyes as if it would never work. Now he says he can't believe how easy it is! :laugh:
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Love your story and your determination! You are a beautiful woman and I commend you for all your have done. I wish you continued success. Feel free to add me if you ever want more friends/encouragement.
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes awesome determination
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I wasn't rude or disrespectful towards him but I reflected on the whole 9 months I desired and pined for this guy and realized, finally, he wasn't worth it.

I am.

Yes!!!! You are doing an amazing job!! Congrats, Lady :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am.

<3
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Amazing job! Its so awesome you've gotten your parents on a healthier journey with you :)
  • shanna7787
    shanna7787 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First, I want to say congratulations on your success so far. Second, I wanted to say that you are an excellent writer! Very easy and entertaining to read.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got this. You realized that you are worth it. Yes I agree its fun to rub your 'new' you in your ex's faces ( come on we are all human) but yes you have to do it for you and you only in the end . You definitely deserved way batter than the treatment you got . Congrats on how far you have come
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shanna7787 wrote: »
    First, I want to say congratulations on your success so far. Second, I wanted to say that you are an excellent writer! Very easy and entertaining to read.

+1
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Love your post lass! Very well done on all counts :-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! I'm so glad you found your inspiration for YOU, and no longer for him! SUPER GREAT!!!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Just REAL. I love it. And Congratulations!!
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to add PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!! LOL <3
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    love it!!!!....keep up the good work
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I <3 you so much!! You look amazing. Super great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!