Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Scared for people to notice....

2»

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't understand what is shameful about trimming down and getting healthy and fit...being healthy and fit is awesomeness.

Same here. I have trouble understanding why people are uncomfortable with people noticing that they are making a positive change that takes a lot of hard work. The only think I can think of is that said people are uncomfortable about attention in general. That I can understand. I have a hard time accepting compliments myself but when someone notices and comments positively on something I am achieving such as weight loss, I allow myself to feel good about that. After all that is what the person is trying to do. Make you feel good by letting you know that your efforts are noticed.

It does not mean that you have to have a long and involved conversation on the subject. Most people are not looking for that anyway. They just want to encourage you. So be encouraged. Friends who notice and care enough to let you know that they notice are pretty special.