Emotional non-eaters?

Options
2»

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    that's me and so many people tell me they don't understand. It makes me feel like an oddball, but if I'm not hungry, I'm not hungry. Unfortunately, when I'm sad or depressed or stressed, I lose my appetite. Even worse, it can last for days...

lol it seems you are not an oddball :) yes, it can last days - it sucks sometimes

it once lasted 2 weeks years ago... :sick: These days I try REALLY hard not to go too long without eating.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Yep. I went through some stuff back in college and barely ate while continuing to work out for several weeks and lost 10 lbs at a point when I was already thin.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm the same. I don't really consider it a problem. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat.

I get what you are saying :) I guess I am just trying to have better eating habits and eating regularly is one of the habits I would like to cultivate :) because I find that if I only eat one meal a day it tends to end up a bigger meal. it stays within calories but it skews my regular portion sizes - do it too often and well I end up eating a larger portion too often
    I guess we all manage in our own ways. Good luck!

I should mention one reason I would like to cultivate regular eating is I occasionally have low blood sugar issues (have since I was a healthy, skinny kid) not diabetic, but low blood sugar a few times a year still :)
  • bio01979
    Options
    Not that this is helpful but I have a husband and children to look after now so that helps remind me to eat. They always seem to be hungry.

lol yes, I can see that being helpful :)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I don't really consider it a problem. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat.

I get what you are saying :) I guess I am just trying to have better eating habits and eating regularly is one of the habits I would like to cultivate :) because I find that if I only eat one meal a day it tends to end up a bigger meal. it stays within calories but it skews my regular portion sizes - do it too often and well I end up eating a larger portion too often

I should mention one reason I would like to cultivate regular eating is I occasionally have low blood sugar issues (have since I was a healthy, skinny kid) not diabetic, but low blood sugar a few times a year still :)
    I always had problems with my blood sugar dropping. Have you tried drinking orange juice?
  • bio01979
    Options

I always had problems with my blood sugar dropping. Have you tried drinking orange juice?

I do try to keep orange juice boxes at work and home, just in case. but it happens so sporadically that I generally get caught like in the middle of the forest lol :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I have a very hard time eating when I'm stressed. I have to force myself to eat, because I know from experience that if I wait too long I'll end up lightheaded and woozy feeling.

Actually 5 of the pounds I've lost so far all came from the two week period in April when both of my parents were in and out of the ER and surgery with heart conditions. Let's hear it for the Stress Diet!