Do you find wearing gym wear encourages you?

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Although I workout in my basement, I always make sure to coordinate my outfit and look cute since there is a huge wall mirror in my gym and looking good is so motivating. Sometimes I even wear lipgloss... I swear it helps! :D
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love buying work out clothes. And I like my workout clothes as bright as possible.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Sometimes I even wear lipgloss... I swear it helps! :D

I love this!!

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I love my workout clothes, black/grey capris or shorts with bright neon racer back tanks and sports bras. I know I have a good week when I have more "workout" than "work" clothes in the laundry hamper. :p
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask a really odd question? I'm in the U.S. and I'm thinking that vest is not the same item of clothing that it is here because I can't fathom wearing one to work out. Would clear up some of my books as well, lol.

These are vests in the U.S.
    kvym3iz8wsg4.jpg
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I work out in my living room. My gear consists of a sports bra and some teensy shorts. I'd NEVER wear this out the house but it helps me keep an eye on my form (reminder to hold those abs in!) and see the changes in my body over time. Even when I looked my worst... It was super motivating
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Can I just ask a really odd question? I'm in the U.S. and I'm thinking that vest is not the same item of clothing that it is here because I can't fathom wearing one to work out. Would clear up some of my books as well, lol.

kvym3iz8wsg4.jpg

LOL

Those are waistcoats

Work out vest

jd_product_list?plu=jd_032913_a&resmode=sharp

• Queenmunchy
    edited November 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

kvym3iz8wsg4.jpg

LOL

Those are waistcoats

Work out vest

x99bjs47s4ak.jpg

Ahh, tank tops! ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

kvym3iz8wsg4.jpg

LOL

Those are waistcoats

Work out vest

Tank tops!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LOL @Queenmunchy and @jemhh

Would you mind editing out that pic...I changed my mind about posting me and dropped a webshot in instead but you guys were too quick :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    @rabbitjb Done. I didn't even realize that was you.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't say the clothes themselves are motivating. I tend to mainly just look for the right size and function, but if it's a nice color, that helps.

Shoes? Bring on the funk. My current kicks, which need replacing soon:

51oxab2Dw6L.jpg
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    My workout clothes are pretty basic. Mostly because I don't feel like spending a bunch of money on stuff I just get gross and sweaty in. I have several basic sports bras, cheap Old Navy fitted tanks, and cheap Soffee brand shorts. When I run on my treadmill at home, I don't even wear a tank top - one less thing I have to wash.

I do like to wear yoga pants (not super tight ones) and tanks on my days off - I'm not sure if that counts as athletic wear. When it's cool, I add a zip-up hoodie.

Remember when J-Lo made track suits popular :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    LOL @Queenmunchy and @jemhh

Would you mind editing out that pic...I changed my mind about posting me and dropped a webshot in instead but you guys were too quick :)
    Ugh, I tried, but too late!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My gym gear, kick boxing gear and soccer gear are all the same. Just regular sort of shorts and a t shirt.

Think actual gym gear my help me?
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I simply love workout gear. I will not enter the gym without it. They have so many colors and patterns. And let's not talk about the tees that has inspirational words on it. When I feel like going home I will look in the mirror and get inspired to finish!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I just wear tshirts and yoga pants to the gym. Although my body looks much better then when I started out, I would be too self conscious to have bare arms, and since I carry all my weight through my butt/thighs there is noooo way I'm wearing bright pants and drawing eyes there. And forget about shorts. Maybe one day....

I still feel motivated though because my stuff is in a smaller size. :smile:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I wear close fitting yoga pants and tops most of the time. Baggy t-shirts aren't my style, and neither is letting it all hang out. Actually, my gym has a dress code, although I've never seen anyone enforce it.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been fat for a WHILE, so I just don't even know what's out there. The darker, the better. Dark stuff hides the muffin top.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Sinead1819 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    To be honest I suppose it affects my decision making that my husband finds my workout gear...ahem...appealing

Haha. Yes, my husband seems to like mine too.

Thats it, I dont see why some girls wear overly revealing stuff! Nice to see ladies caring what their husbands think not randomers :) I only care what my boyfriend thinks look good, but I wonder if I feel like I look the part it will encourage my mentality and determination?

I'm gonna go with,

1. Because their idea of "revealing" is different than yours
    2. Because they don't have a problem with the female body and what it looks like
    3. And because they are probably a little tired of being told to cover up while men are allowed to walk around shirtless altogether and not be judged as though that means they desire sexual things from people or invite the judgement of their intentions.