Do you find wearing gym wear encourages you?

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Lola753 wrote: »
    I found that wearing exercise clothes helps with motivation. If your goal is to go to the gym 3 times a week, wear exercise clothes 3 times a week with the intention of opening the door and go. Set an intention to what you do, it helps to move from the "thought" to the "action"

This. If work-out clothes are the first thing I put on that morning, no makeup, no heels, I'm going to work out. If I've just had a shower and done my absurdly difficult to style hair, not a chance.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    Sinead1819 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    To be honest I suppose it affects my decision making that my husband finds my workout gear...ahem...appealing

Haha. Yes, my husband seems to like mine too.

Thats it, I dont see why some girls wear overly revealing stuff! Nice to see ladies caring what their husbands think not randomers :) I only care what my boyfriend thinks look good, but I wonder if I feel like I look the part it will encourage my mentality and determination?

I'm gonna go with,

1. Because their idea of "revealing" is different than yours
    2. Because they don't have a problem with the female body and what it looks like
    3. And because they are probably a little tired of being told to cover up while men are allowed to walk around shirtless altogether and not be judged as though that means they desire sexual things from people or invite the judgement of their intentions.

I was thinking that too - plus it means eff all to me what someone else is wearing at the gym. If it floats their boat and all that.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    mrsbaldee wrote: »
    Sinead1819 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    To be honest I suppose it affects my decision making that my husband finds my workout gear...ahem...appealing

Haha. Yes, my husband seems to like mine too.

Thats it, I dont see why some girls wear overly revealing stuff! Nice to see ladies caring what their husbands think not randomers :) I only care what my boyfriend thinks look good, but I wonder if I feel like I look the part it will encourage my mentality and determination?

I'm gonna go with,

1. Because their idea of "revealing" is different than yours
    2. Because they don't have a problem with the female body and what it looks like
    3. And because they are probably a little tired of being told to cover up while men are allowed to walk around shirtless altogether and not be judged as though that means they desire sexual things from people or invite the judgement of their intentions.

I was thinking that too - plus it means eff all to me what someone else is wearing at the gym. If it floats their boat and all that.

I was sort of amazed anyone noticed. Normally I'm trying so hard not to make a complete fool of myself that I don't even recognize the existence of other gym-goers! Ha ha! And if they wear next to nothing or a full suit I don't care. Who am I? Some chick trying to get healthy, just like them. If they need a 3 piece suit or a bikini to help them get where I'm going, I will back them up all the way.
  • jhenan
    jhenan Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love my new gym clothes my dad calls it my urban camp
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    no...just shorts and a t-shirt or cycling clothes...nothing too exciting.

Same here.

My workout clothes are also pretty old from before I gained my weight, since I don't like shopping.
  • jhenan
    jhenan Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    no...just shorts and a t-shirt or cycling clothes...nothing too exciting.

Same here.

My workout clothes are also pretty old from before I gained my weight, since I don't like shopping.

Glad I am not the only one who doesn't like to shop
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I wouldn't wear a cropped top in the gym ..I'd feel like I'd be saying look at me ..bad enough in my gym gear which is tight fitting anyway

This too. I think comfort is more important.

Some lady game into the gym in her plain Jane gym clothes, but then decided to leave in three inch heels while still in her gym clothes. The majority snickered behind her back about that one, and I thought it was a little odd too.

Gym is for working out and comfort is first and foremost.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Ever since I lost 53 lbs. I can wear my little spaghetti strap dresses, and feel really pretty... :)

I'm a dude.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »
    Ever since I lost 53 lbs. I can wear my little spaghetti strap dresses, and feel really pretty... :)

I'm a dude.

No judgement, but spaghetti straps are for ENHANCING small shoulders. With the broad shoulders of a man, my fashion advice is boatneck dresses or single-shoulder neck high wrap dresses;) the former really enhances the collar bone, while the latter minimizes the look of broad shoulders while still drawing attention to the definition of the scapular muscles and upper arm
  • OldAssDude
    Options

I'm a dude.

No judgement, but spaghetti straps are for ENHANCING small shoulders. With the broad shoulders of a man, my fashion advice is boatneck dresses or single-shoulder neck high wrap dresses;) the former really enhances the collar bone, while the latter minimizes the look of broad shoulders while still drawing attention to the definition of the scapular muscles and upper arm

You know I was joking right?
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options

I'm a dude.

Yes. You know I was joking right?
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    ;):p
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    It's just me. You have to just read everything in "sarcastic" to make me make sense lol!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Wearing workout gear that I used to be able to find in 2x-3x motivates me. Wearing stretchy clothes In smaller and smaller sizes rather than big baggy clothes motivates me.
  • OldAssDude
    Options

I'm a dude.

Yes. You know I was joking right?

yes
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    this thread is a great example of why I don't go to gyms and work out at home and on the street and hiking trails only.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Can I just ask a really odd question? I'm in the U.S. and I'm thinking that vest is not the same item of clothing that it is here because I can't fathom wearing one to work out. Would clear up some of my books as well, lol.

These are vests in the U.S.
    kvym3iz8wsg4.jpg

LOL

Those are waistcoats

Work out vest

jd_product_list?plu=jd_032913_a&resmode=sharp

In the US, that's a tank top....if it's still called the same thing as it used to be.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Can I just ask a really odd question? I'm in the U.S. and I'm thinking that vest is not the same item of clothing that it is here because I can't fathom wearing one to work out. Would clear up some of my books as well, lol.

These are vests in the U.S.
    kvym3iz8wsg4.jpg

LOL

Those are waistcoats

Work out vest

jd_product_list?plu=jd_032913_a&resmode=sharp

In the US, that's a tank top....if it's still called the same thing as it used to be.

Colorado here, confirming that that is indeed a Tank-top in USpeak. But I have heard them referred to as racerbacks because the shoulder bits connect in the back...
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    I think I lke "vests" better though. Sounds cooler
  • CoffeeNCardio
    edited November 2015
    Options
    this thread is a great example of why I don't go to gyms and work out at home and on the street and hiking trails only.

*hugs living room treadmill* I go when I must because of the 2 year old. My sister works in the nursery at the rec center so he can be with someone he knows and I'm free for two hours.

ETA: My only work out time option at home is naptime. He thinks it's completely hysterical to drop toys on the treadmill and watch me try to jump over them and not die. Hysterical.