How did we all do on Halloween

Options

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I indulged some at lunch today. Fortunately I worked today and have a martial arts class this evening, so I could afford a little over the top chocolate consumption. I will probably end the day in the red but I often do. Keeping the net under 2000 (my current goal) might be a bit more tricky. Oh well. It's one day. One delicious day....
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I had a three or four small candies yesterday (still ate at a deficit). The scale showed a loss this morning, rewarding me for my restraint. I am very glad I force myself out to the gym yesterday.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    I killed something around seventeen zombies last night. Why the hell were they all carrying candy?

Hahahahahaha omg!!!! I laughed way too hard at this.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    I killed something around seventeen zombies last night. Why the hell were they all carrying candy?

OMG lol, I totaly missed that!!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Went to my parents to avoid trick-or-treaters, and got fed banana pancakes with honey, and several slices of bacon for breakfast, then we made pizzas, and ate them for lunch and supper. I didn't even count my candy intake. Then we had some beers (Prairie Bomb!, New Republic Whipsaw, and Skylight, and Founder's Breakfast Stout). Once night fell, we went back home, and my buddy came over. We killed a barrel aged brown ale from Prairie, then finished off my Whipsaws, Founders, and some Stone IPAs, and another Bomb!, then we started on whiskey, with Balcones Baby Blue, and Rumble, an Edradour 8 year single cask, Tullamore Dew 10, Garrison Brothers Fall 2013, and Rio Brazos Whistlestop. I was a bit tipsy.

I stopped logging around noon. I remember everything I had (aside from the candy), I'm just not concerned about it. Just back to business as usual today.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how I did on Halloween. I dont actually celebrate it, but I had a full sized Snickers because I wanted one, and some of the candy my aunt brought home - a Smarties, two Airheads. I had a banana for breakfast, part of a soda, a pb and j sandwich in noon, and then I had a piece of fried fish, rice and cabbage for dinner. I dont know how many calories were in the food I had for dinner, so I'm not sure if I was within 1300 calories. I did try, though. Oh, well, next time I'll skip the candy and soda like I've been trying to do.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Between Saturday and Sunday I ate chicken liver wrapped in pancetta with onions and balsamic reduction, braised rabbit with prosciutto and polenta crostini, probably a half loaf of bread, almost a bottle of wine, whiskey, tostito chips with queso sauce, a huge freshly made bagel with turkey bacon cream cheese, a chipotle chicken sandwich, about 2000 calories in slutty brownies (cookie dough, oreo, brownie with reese's pieces, covered in chocolate frosting), and more chips and queso. And some frosting off of a spoon.

I think I'm done now. There are more slutty brownies in the fridge though.

ETA: This was for my birthday though, not halloween. I don't really do halloween candy. I don't have kids and people don't trick or treat in my neighborhood because it's...not nice.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Between Saturday and Sunday I ate chicken liver wrapped in pancetta with onions and balsamic reduction, braised rabbit with prosciutto and polenta crostini, probably a half loaf of bread, almost a bottle of wine, whiskey, tostito chips with queso sauce, a huge freshly made bagel with turkey bacon cream cheese, a chipotle chicken sandwich, about 2000 calories in slutty brownies (cookie dough, oreo, brownie with reese's pieces, covered in chocolate frosting), and more chips and queso. And some frosting off of a spoon.

ETA: This was for my birthday though, not halloween. I don't really do halloween candy. I don't have kids and people don't trick or treat in my neighborhood because it's...not nice.
    Wait, what? Care to explain?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I LOVE candy!! It's a big weakness for me, that's for sure. But, 75 pounds down now and I'm not going to let my love of candy stop me. :) I had a few pieces last night but it fit into my calories for the day. I had a few pieces today as well. I got creative and chopped up a couple mini candy bars and mixed them into my greek yogurt... that was amazing and gave me some extra protein.

I admit, I bought 3 bags of clearance candy at Target today!! The best part though is knowing that those 3 bags of candy will last me a really long time, compared to in the past when I would have them all gone within days. I do pretty well with eating in moderation now so I'm not worried.
  • arditarose
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Wait, what? Care to explain?

I live in Brooklyn...under an expressway on an industrial street, next to a mannequin warehouse. Most of the kids in the city trick or treat at the convenient stores and what not.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I LOVE candy!! It's a big weakness for me, that's for sure. But, 75 pounds down now and I'm not going to let my love of candy stop me. :) I had a few pieces last night but it fit into my calories for the day. I had a few pieces today as well. I got creative and chopped up a couple mini candy bars and mixed them into my greek yogurt... that was amazing and gave me some extra protein.

I admit, I bought 3 bags of clearance candy at Target today!! The best part though is knowing that those 3 bags of candy will last me a really long time, compared to in the past when I would have them all gone within days. I do pretty well with eating in moderation now so I'm not worried.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who snagged some discounted candy today. Ended up spending $40 on candy that has been added to my pile of junk food that I barely even touch.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I have been so busy that I didn't come into contact with any candy, but I would have had a piece or two if I had. Which reminds me.....I have some calories left over for today and some candy in the fridge. See ya later! :D
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    I had a box of chocolate covered donuts, xl cookies n cream candy bar, and xl kit kat candy bar - over the last two days. Ate close to maintenance. I rarely buy candy so got some for Halloween, a special occasion. I don't regret anything. >:)

OMG you reminded me I have had this saved for a while! Thank you for the opportunity to use it!!!!

zdftiiqfusmj.jpeg

Omg. That could be my kitty. rekgo2kavws1.jpg

I managed to stay at maintenance today.

My Estelle looked just like you kitty.....she passed when she was about 16. She was sooooo sweet.
  • arditarose
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I have been so busy that I didn't come into contact with any candy, but I would have had a piece or two if I had. Which reminds me.....I have some calories left over for today and some candy in the fridge. See ya later! :D

Enjoy!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I did a 5K on Friday night - they encouraged costumes, so I went as a zombie hunter. It was on a golf course, at night, in the rain. My worst 5K time ever, and I did not survive the zombies. :( But it was still fun. :)

ox8ygatl4haq.jpg

On Sat., I did a zombie trail run 5K... as a "chaser zombie." This event was done in a way such that runners were sent out in groups every 10-15 minutes and chasers were sent out after them after giving the runners a head start. There were also "stumbler zombies" hiding along the course. Here is a photo of that, without the zombie make-up. This was not timed... it was just for fun. :)

j64vcwl2yehf.jpg

• SLLRunner
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Enjoy!

I did! These were two three leave clover milk chocolates I bought in Ireland last year. Mmmmmm........

I bought these:

banner-boxed-chocolates-assortments.jpg

and ones similar to these, which I had tonight:

roscommon-chocolates.jpg

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I definitely went a little overboard because first I had too much to drink on Friday... And then on Sat I went to my friend's party, where I did snack mindfully BUT I still went over my calories by a million. But I logged it to the best of my abilities and I'll try sticking to my calories better for the next 6-7 days.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I had a great halloween with my family! :)
    We tend to 'go big' for halloween - and that includes food. I ate around 1200 calories OVER my maintenance and I regret nothing. I cut back yesterday and will cut a little more today to balance things out but ultimately, I loved it! :D
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Under my calories and not a bit of chocolate or sweets passed my lips - I don't celebrate Halloween, it's just 31st October to me.
  • DaleCannard
    DaleCannard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a Shocker lots of chocolate plus MacDonalds :o