quick weight loss advice please

Options
okay so I am trying to lose 20 lbs within a month maybe a little more but according to online sites I need to cut down alot of calories then what fitness pal has set me up with. Can anyone help me with how much I should be consuming? I'm currently 72kg from what I last checked around 2 weeks ago. I have been eating clean since giving birth a month ago.. any advice I feel the weight falling off but still have trouble areas I need to vanish! ! lol help

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My advice is: don't.
    Where's the fire?
    Seriously, why not set up a more sustainable (yeah, I mean slower, but also healthier) weight loss plan?
    It's be amazingly easier, healthier, you're less likely to lose muscle along with fat, and you're more likely to stick with it.
  • 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    okay
    My advice is: don't.
    Where's the fire?
    Seriously, why not set up a more sustainable (yeah, I mean slower, but also healthier) weight loss plan?
    It's be amazingly easier, healthier, you're less likely to lose muscle along with fat, and you're more likely to stick with it.

how would I do so and how long would it take :( I've come from a size 8-10 to.. I don't even know lol I'm only 21 I need to be in shape asap..

• Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You just gave birth!! Your body needs time to recover. Giving birth takes it's toll on your body, believe me!

You have a baby to look after so you need to eat well enough to give your body the energy it needs to look after that little bundle of joy!

20 lbs in a month... NO! 8 lbs in a month...YES! Chill out, give yourself a break. Eat healthy and the weight will come off :smile:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    okay so I am trying to lose 20 lbs within a month maybe a little more but according to online sites I need to cut down alot of calories then what fitness pal has set me up with. Can anyone help me with how much I should be consuming? I'm currently 72kg from what I last checked around 2 weeks ago. I have been eating clean since giving birth a month ago.. any advice I feel the weight falling off but still have trouble areas I need to vanish! ! lol help

STOP

You have just had a baby...4 weeks ago...you have made an entire human being...that's amazing

Your body now needs time to recover

Eat nutritionally sound widespread diet ...a wide range of vegetables, lean proteins, dairy, fats, carbs etc

Calorie count if you wish, if you're breastfeeding add an extra 500 calories for that

Get your baby out and about ..push that stroller for miles and show off how clever you are

The weight will come off

20lbs in a month is ridiculous

Go for 1lb a week loss maximum

And give yourself a break
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you breast feeding? Could you discuss a healthy weight loss plan with your midwife?n
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in a month isn't happening, especially while your body is still recovering from the birth.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Don't even attempt it, especially after just having given birth. 20lbs in a month is practically unattainable of you do the math and realise the deficit you would have to have each day. Any reason why you want to lose it asap?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Recovering from giving birth, breastfeeding, and taking care of a baby, all those things are more important than losing weight. You have to eat properly now. You must prioritize that. And losing weight has to take its time - 1/2 - 2 pounds per week, depending on how much you need to lose. Do not try to force through it. It will backfire. It always does.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    why are you so desperate to lose weight fast, especially after giving birth..maybe there's a bigger issue that's bothering you, than doing something that could be dangerous to your body.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I hate to be blunt, but there's no way you're going to healthily lose 20 pounds in a month (2-4 pounds a month is a lot more reasonable). Since you have recently given birth and may be breastfeeding, I really recommend that you contact your OB-GYN or doctor and see what they recommend in terms of a calorie goal that will still be able to provide adequate nutrients for your baby (or if they could refer you to a registered dietitian who can help you figure out the most appropriate diet).
  • rtp_slg52181
    rtp_slg52181 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    4weeks post is not even long enough to be medically cleared to do more than lift your baby. Give yourself time to heal and recover without obsessing on what you think your body should look like. I suggest instead you obsess over your new baby because sooner than you know they will be grown.
  • 007lt
    Options
    thanks everyone for your reply all advice is appreciated. the reason why I aimed to lose 20lbs within a month is Purley bcos I need to lose 28lbs to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and I gave myself 4 months to lose the weight maybe that was the wrong plan.. my bad! I guess as you all have stated it's safer to lose fewer pounds and much slowly. As for my health I feel great tbh and did she str8 after birth I'm physically alright, This is my second child so I've dien this all before and my body has healed much faster.. my first pregnancy made me huge and I didn't think.it was a problem till I saw pictures of myself.i looked awful this time round I've been eating clean straight after giving birth that's all I haven't done nothing crazy /: I don't feel 'fat' I'm just not the size 8 I used to be but I'm happy to take my time as I've already noticed a difference just by eating clean! I guess I'm just impatient
  • 007lt
    Options
    excuse my typos for some r ason my keyboard is hiding the reply box :/
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing baby and your age, the weight fell off. I simply couldn't eat enough to NOT lose that weight.
  • rtp_slg52181
    rtp_slg52181 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing baby and your age, the weight fell off. I simply couldn't eat enough to NOT lose that weight.

Not all people are that way. I couldn't lose till I stopped nursing. Didn't matter how active or closely I counted cals.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has already given great advice on how much to lose/how fast etc so I'll leave that topic in fear of just repeating everyone
    however you keep mentioning eating clean- but are you in a deficit? A lot of people fall into the trap of thinking that as long as they're eating healthy or clean they'll lose weight but that isn't the case. It might be worth reading up on CICO etc if you're not already aware of it :)
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Advice? Weight loss isn't, and shouldn't be "quick".

20 pound is 4 (or more) months for a reasonable person.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    You lost me at quick weight loss. That's a bad place to start and inevitably leads to poor outcomes. Sorry; truth hurts sometimes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Nope. MFP does not support VLCD without doctor supervision, and neither do the majority of us who have lost weight in a sustainable manner.

Eating clean has nothing to do with weight loss, eating less calories than you burn overall does.

Enter your stats into MFP, set you goals to lose .5 to 1 pound per week, eat within those calorie limits, and you will lose weight.

Treat yourself well all the time, especially after giving birth. A certain size is not magic.

People who eat the most and still lose weight win the race!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    STOP.......