quick weight loss advice please

Options
2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OP, from personal experience, I can tell you, never put a time limit on your weight loss. Eat at a deficit, and the weight will come off when it comes off.

Losing weight quickly is not healthy for you, and if you're nursing, probably not too great for the baby either.

But I think you know all that already. :wink:
  • ThenLemon
    ThenLemon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seems to me like too much stress and even if successful for a short period of time you may rebound if you try to do too much too soon.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    however you keep mentioning eating clean- but are you in a deficit? A lot of people fall into the trap of thinking that as long as they're eating healthy or clean they'll lose weight but that isn't the case. It might be worth reading up on CICO etc if you're not already aware of it :)

I missed the part about eating clean.

Yes, the bolded part is definitely true.

• MarlyIc1
    MarlyIc1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cut 400-500 from your diet, especially from carbs (mainly bread,pasta,sugar etc) and exercise 4-5 per week. Won't take too long if you do this.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    MarlyIc1 wrote: »
    Cut 400-500 from your diet, especially from carbs (mainly bread,pasta,sugar etc) and exercise 4-5 per week. Won't take too long if you do this.

Really? When she just had a baby? What if she's nursing?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

This is poor advice. She just had a baby and is nursing.

Carbs have zilch to do with fat loss. It's calories in/calories out.
  • 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options

thanks I'm currently doing that :)
  • 007lt
    Options
    OP, from personal experience, I can tell you, never put a time limit on your weight loss. Eat at a deficit, and the weight will come off when it comes off.

Losing weight quickly is not healthy for you, and if you're nursing, probably not too great for the baby either.

But I think you know all that already. :wink:

thanks! x
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    Are you nursing? I think we assume you are, but I don't think you actually said so.

So you're currently cutting 400-500 calories from your diet? How many calories are you consuming each day?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Vanity or health? Tough decision.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nursing naturally burns around 500 per day, especially in the beginning (up to 6 months, when baby starts eating solids). Set my fitness pal to lose .5 pound per week, and exercise to burn calories. Do not restrict your calories past 1700 or you run the risk of cutting your milk supply way down. This method will have you losing 1.5/ 2 lb easily each week, without wrecking your supply.

Also, carbs don't matter. Calories in and calories out. Eat for energy and to give your baby the perfect start.

Good luck :wink:
  • 007lt
    Options
    JaiDessaT wrote: »
    Nursing naturally burns around 500 per day, especially in the beginning (up to 6 months, when baby starts eating solids). Set my fitness pal to lose .5 pound per week, and exercise to burn calories. Do not restrict your calories past 1700 or you run the risk of cutting your milk supply way down. This method will have you losing 1.5/ 2 lb easily each week, without wrecking your supply.

Also, carbs don't matter. Calories in and calories out. Eat for energy and to give your baby the perfect start.

thanks
    JaiDessaT wrote: »

thanks, how do I reset my goals etc? x
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Alarm bells started ringing for me at '20 pounds in a month' - Then I saw that you have given birth a MONTH ago and I had to pitch in here and tell you to stop, stop, stop. Take a good 10 steps back and re-evaluate here.

20 lbs in a month is not realistic. If you are breast feeding - why would you even want to attempt this?! No. Please do this healthily, Please make sure you are getting the correct amount of vitamins and nutrients still. Calories are not the enemy and we actually need them to function..

A sensible deficit. A sensible mind-set. A sensible goal - you'll succeed.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Seriously?!!??!?! All the great advice you're getting in this thread and that TOTAL RUBBISH is what you latch onto?!
  • 007lt
    Options
    Alarm bells started ringing for me at '20 pounds in a month' - Then I saw that you have given birth a MONTH ago and I had to pitch in here and tell you to stop, stop, stop. Take a good 10 steps back and re-evaluate here.

20 lbs in a month is not realistic. If you are breast feeding - why would you even want to attempt this?! No. Please do this healthily, Please make sure you are getting the correct amount of vitamins and nutrients still. Calories are not the enemy and we actually need them to function..

A sensible deficit. A sensible mind-set. A sensible goal - you'll succeed.

tha
    malibu927 wrote: »
    fabfitme4 wrote: »
    Focus on lifelong you're going to move more, enjoy life more, be more fit, have more energy. How many from this list can you try, do, have fun with?

:):):):)

Variety is the spice of exercise!

Try a new one today!

Keep moving & grooving!

You are doing great!

Feel free to copy & past and add fun stuff to the list!

Enjoy!

Aerobic Dancing
    Badminton
    Baseball
    Basketball
    Bocce
    Biking Trails
    Biking Road
    Bowling 5 pin
    Bowling 10 pin
    Canoeing
    Dancing Ballroom
    Dancing Hip Hop
    Dancing Salsa
    Dancing Step
    Dancing with your iPod in your living room!
    Diving
    Dodge Ball
    Dragonboat Racing
    Elliptical
    Football
    Frisbee
    Gardening
    Golf Driving Range
    Golf 9 hole
    Golf 18 hole
    Golf Mini
    Gymnastics
    Hiking
    Hockey Ice
    Hockey Ice
    Hoola Hoop
    Horse Riding
    Ice Skating
    Jogging
    Jumping with a Rope
    Karate
    Kayaking
    Kick Boxing
    Kite Flying
    Lacrosse
    Lawn Bowling
    Lawn Mowing
    Paddle Boarding
    Pilates
    Ping Pong
    Rock Climbing Indoors
    Rock Climbing Outdoors
    Roller Blading
    Roller Skating
    Rowing Machine
    Running
    Scuba Diving
    Skate Boarding
    Skiing Downhill
    Skiing Cross Country
    Snowball Throwing
    Snowboarding
    Snowman Making
    Snow Shovelling
    Soccer
    Softball
    Spinning
    Squash
    Stationary Biking
    Step Aerobics
    Stretching
    Surfing
    Swimming
    Tai Chi
    Tennis
    Track & Field
    Trampoline Jumping
    Treadmill on flat
    Treadmill on an incline
    Treadmill with intervals
    Toboganning
    Volleyball Indoors
    Volleyball Sand
    Walking with your iPod music
    Walking with a friend
    Walking with your dog
    Water Aerobics
    Water Weight Training
    Water Yoga
    Weight Training Regular
    Weight Training using a ball
    Yoga
    Zumba

Seeing as the OP just gave birth a month ago, it's very likely she hasn't been cleared for physical activity yet.

I actually feel great and don't need a Dr to tell me that. I k.ow how I woulda felt if something was wrong and I'm greatful I feel this good so I can get on with physical activity as I have been latley :)
  • 007lt
    Options
    yup
    misskarne wrote: »

Seriously?!!??!?! All the great advice you're getting in this thread and that TOTAL RUBBISH is what you latch onto?!

:*