Bathrooms...open door policy?

Options

Replies

• alecialudwickjones
    Options
    Door is open more often than not. Very comfortable.

What's w/ the 'faces' I'm seeing mentioned-is there a problem making it difficult to poo?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer bathroom door open or closed while you're doing your business?

What about when others are in there doing their business?

Free Pass to stay-at-home moms who have toddlers to watch or in the middle of potty training, I'm talking more about adults here.

Don't care...neither does my husband. At home he leaves the door open or closed...I do the same. It's not something I think about honestly...if I have to go (and company is not over) i just go....sometimes I close it depending...I'll at least close it most of the way.

A big reason I may leave it open is the dogs...one of them in particular is still very young and has a tendency to eat things she shouldn't and go to the bathroom on the floor (talk about doing your business in public...)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Been married 5 years... together 7... closed. Occasionally if my hubby can't wait for me to get done doing whatever and he has to pee he'll go right ahead but that's it. Strangely enough... I'll even close the door if I'm the only one home out of habit.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Closed, closed, closed.

My partner and I have a very strict rule that we will NEVER watch each other pee - it's a relationship ruiner. Ditto farts. Burps are a little different, but nothing coming out the business end.
    I have to laugh at the people who say they'll never fart in front of an SO. I bet most of the women saying this were never pregnant.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Totally open. I actually came home last night to find the boyfriend on the toilet (#2) and went right over and gave him a kiss.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Closed, for sure! Even when I'm home alone. Usually locked too, but not always. My boyfriend will leave the door open sometimes to pee, and I tease him about it. I'm also weird and don't like anyone to hear me pee or talk to me or anything while I'm in the bathroom so I'll usually turn on the fan even if I'm not pooping. Just to bug me, my boyfriend will go outside the door and say, "I can hear you peeing!"
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Free Pass to stay-at-home moms who have toddlers to watch or in the middle of potty training, I'm talking more about adults here.

Just curious.......do stay-at-home moms not count as adults??? What if they are over, say, 17.....adults then?

Referring to the toddlers who may need supervision in the loo or assistance with potty training. Could also mean "I stay at home with my kids and I don't want to shut the door when I'm in there because I want to keep an eye on the little ones"
    Someone in our family has twins 3 years old and she doesn't dare turn her back on them or shut the door.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Just curious.......do stay-at-home moms not count as adults??? What if they are over, say, 17.....adults then?

Referring to the toddlers who may need supervision in the loo or assistance with potty training. Could also mean "I stay at home with my kids and I don't want to shut the door when I'm in there because I want to keep an eye on the little ones"
    Someone in our family has twins 3 years old and she doesn't dare turn her back on them or shut the door.
    Actually, I think he meant shutting the door to one's SO rather than one's children.
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Totally open. I actually came home last night to find the boyfriend on the toilet (#2) and went right over and gave him a kiss.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth... :sick:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Maybe a bit off topic and irrelevant since the OP said that mom's don't count, but I was in the shower shaving my lady bits the other day and my 3 kids and 2 neighbor kids, mixed sexes, between the ages of 5 and 11, came barging in. I was like "get the flip out of here! Do you want me to go to prison?!"

OMG, lock the door girl!

My cat is not a fan of me closing the door though.

funny-last-time-bathroom-alone-cat-person-door-pics.jpg

bathroom%2520door.jpg
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    i normally closed the door unless I know I am the only one home
  • CurlyC28
    CurlyC28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Closed. It's the only time I get to myself. And even then I get the fingers under the door telling me to hurry up from my toddlers.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Closed always. Geez, a girl's got to have some private time!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If it is peeing, the door stays open. For myself for #2 Close the door and don't even come near it. Don't talk to me, don't wait for me just leave me alone. If it is my BF, the door is open and we are having a conversation.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Closed, for sure! Even when I'm home alone. Usually locked too, but not always. My boyfriend will leave the door open sometimes to pee, and I tease him about it. I'm also weird and don't like anyone to hear me pee or talk to me or anything while I'm in the bathroom so I'll usually turn on the fan even if I'm not pooping. Just to bug me, my boyfriend will go outside the door and say, "I can hear you peeing!"

I was wondering if I was the only one! lol I'll turn on the faucet so no one can hear the tinkle. lmao :laugh:
  • minnndymae
    minnndymae Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    #1, open (closed if my oldest son is home--hes 13, nuff said)

#2, closed & locked most of the time! My husband likes to come pound on the door, act like hes busting in and yell "what'dya doin in there BIG POOPER!!! lol

...there was a time in our relationship that he thought "girls don't poo" ....I've never been the type that announces that kind of thing, I'm going to get away with no one knowing if I can help it!! LOL & I really don't want that visual of him in my head either! Lets keep the mystery on this one :wink:
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Can't do a number 2 without a closed door and absolute silence or I would be on the toilet for hours until there is silence. I guess this is also the reason I never used a public bathroom before. Lol!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

There MUST remain some mystery in relationships.
    Fer realz.
  • TitzMcGeez
    TitzMcGeez Posts: 104
    Options
    I prefer the door closed usually. If I REALLY hafta pee though, and husband is in the shower, I'll pee, I don't care. We have 1 bathroom and I'm not about to pee in the kitchen sink.. He's much more prudish about peeing in front of me though, it's weird because you'd think he wouldn't care... He does...

I won't go #2 without the door closed and locked... I hafta have total privacy for that one..
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    At my old apartment I rarely closed the door. Now that I have moved into town and there is a window directly across from the bathroom the door is closed all the time.