Great snack suggestions

Options
I've been on a kick with snacking lately. I have a couple of healthy snacks, but wanted to see if anyone else had some good healthy ones for me to try out. Thanks!

Replies

• Roony02
    Roony02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, seeds, crudites (carrot& celery) with hummus, rough oatcakes with peanut butter, home-made granola bars
  • PollyDouglass52
    PollyDouglass52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Skinny Pop popcorn.
  • toddhogsed
    toddhogsed Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Roony02 wrote: »
    Fruit, nuts, seeds, crudites (carrot& celery) with hummus, rough oatcakes with peanut butter, home-made granola bars

Thanks! Great ones!
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    1 ounce of almonds, a light mozzarella stick, a glass of skim milk, a green apple,

Thanks! That's a great mix. I was raised on 2% milk and my wife got me down to 1%. I'll see if I can make the change to skim... That'll be a hard one. Haha!
  • toddhogsed
    Options

Thanks! I'm a popcorn fan, so I'll check it out!
  • Roony02
    Options
    On milk, skimmed isn't necessarily the best for you. There are a lot of fat soluble vitamins in milk and you need the fat to help absorb the protein and calcium in it. I think youre 2% is the same as our semi-skimmed, that's what I drink. Its nicer in porridge(oatmeal) and for making smoothies or drinking as it is. Only my opinion but if you go skimmed you'll need to supplement the missing Vit A & E :smile:
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    Roony02 wrote: »
    On milk, skimmed isn't necessarily the best for you. There are a lot of fat soluble vitamins in milk and you need the fat to help absorb the protein and calcium in it. I think youre 2% is the same as our semi-skimmed, that's what I drink. Its nicer in porridge(oatmeal) and for making smoothies or drinking as it is. Only my opinion but if you go skimmed you'll need to supplement the missing Vit A & E :smile:

Great to know! Thanks!
  • Roony02
    Options
    ;)
  • TDetweiler
    TDetweiler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following for ideas
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, nuts
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nuts, yogurt or cottage cheese with almonds or fruit, jerky, turkey or ham roll ups with cheese, celery and peanut butter, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, fresh fruit, oatbars
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/snacks/page/2/
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    kale chips and roasted chickpeas. also sweet potato chips (but in moderation!)
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    Thanks all! Some great ideas!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    anything with hummus! :smiley:
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    anything with hummus! :smiley:

I'm addicted to the roasted red pepper! I've been trying to find the jalapeño one, but can find it. I'm gonna have to order it.
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    clementines, dates with natural (unsweetened) nut butters, dried figs stuffed with pepitas and sunflower seeds... this thread is making me hungry!
  • toddhogsed
    Options
    clementines, dates with natural (unsweetened) nut butters, dried figs stuffed with pepitas and sunflower seeds... this thread is making me hungry!

Haha! Sounds good!
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Jerky is my go-to. Or a piece of fruit :)
  • Nicole3043
    Nicole3043 Posts: 16 Member
    Options