Time change

Options
2»

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    My phone, automatically changed in my sleep, and I was completely oblivious to the time change, hahah.

Didn't find out it happened till just now reading this.

LOL! I have to change the stove, microwave, alarm for the kiddo, and especially the car.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    kcrow4102 wrote: »
    The joys of living in AZ, no time change :)

they were talking about taking away daylights savinges time here in TX.... meaning these crazy parents want it to be dark earlier... they must not have kids in sports... or they don't work out...

Daylight savings is advancing the clock in the spring. We (Texas) don't need more daylight during the summer. It doesn't get dark until after 9PM some days. I'm fine with it getting dark at 8PM in the summer.

DST is a hassle.

I know what daylight savings is.. I love being able to get off work and taking my kids to soccer practice and then being able to go home and still have outside time with them... unlike right now practice starts at 5:30 and by 6 its dark outside... even during the summer I love having it light out till 8...
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Moved to Calif. from Arizona last year. The "clock turning" is silly! Wish they took Arizona's example, and dropped it.

But it does not affect me that much. I adapt to it quickly. I don't mind the extra hour in the Fall, but miss the hour in the Spring a bit more.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all--I wouldn't have even noticed except for the one analog clock that I have in my home.

When I was out of shape, it was a big deal.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    In struggling with my walking routines, but other than that feel fine.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I cant stand that it gets dark early--it really throws my day, my mood, and my sleep off. My mom makes fun of me because I really think I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder and I live in a place that is between 65-85 degrees year-round which she claims is not possible. Its not so much the cold (well, I feel cold but I've seen Jimmy Kimmel and realize the rest of the US is much colder ;) ) but the dark that really bothers me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The joys of living in AZ, no time change :)

they were talking about taking away daylights savinges time here in TX.... meaning these crazy parents want it to be dark earlier... they must not have kids in sports... or they don't work out...

Daylight savings is advancing the clock in the spring. We (Texas) don't need more daylight during the summer. It doesn't get dark until after 9PM some days. I'm fine with it getting dark at 8PM in the summer.

DST is a hassle.

I know what daylight savings is.. I love being able to get off work and taking my kids to soccer practice and then being able to go home and still have outside time with them... unlike right now practice starts at 5:30 and by 6 its dark outside... even during the summer I love having it light out till 8...

Well then I'm confused. You (@kcrow4102) seem to be saying that "taking away" DST means that it is darker at 6 p.m. If they did away with DST in TX it would still be dark at 6 p.m. for you right now because DST is over. We're now in the non-DST portion of the year. Summer is DST time--if they did away with it, it would be light out until 8 p.m. instead of 9 p.m.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    amillenium wrote: »
    I cant stand that it gets dark early--it really throws my day, my mood, and my sleep off. My mom makes fun of me because I really think I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder and I live in a place that is between 65-85 degrees year-round which she claims is not possible. Its not so much the cold (well, I feel cold but I've seen Jimmy Kimmel and realize the rest of the US is much colder ;) ) but the dark that really bothers me.

I live in south Louisiana and I go through the exact same thing. Almost like a time change depression (Please don't jump on me for using that term, because I know its not technically depression but more of a depressing mood)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    amillenium wrote: »

I live in south Louisiana and I go through the exact same thing. Almost like a time change depression (Please don't jump on me for using that term, because I know its not technically depression but more of a depressing mood)

It makes sense though. Many people treat SAD with light therapy. It's not really related to temperature. While Fall/Winter SAD is more well known, some people have Spring/Summer SAD. I have SAD-like symptoms in the warmer months. I'm not a big summer fan.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with night eating, because it gets dark so early I feel like it is late and then look at the clock and it is only 6pm and I am done with my calories for the day. UGH!!!
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My schedule is fine by the toddler in my house doesn't understand what daylight savings is and his schedule has been off, which means my workouts consist of trying not to kick my 2 year old in the head while he's running circles before 5am lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    My phone, automatically changed in my sleep, and I was completely oblivious to the time change, hahah.

Didn't find out it happened till just now reading this.

I have to manually change the clock on my stove, microwave, and car. There's a lamp in my bedroom with a clock that I may or may not change.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I am fine but my cat alarm clock is having real problems.

Cat-CatJumpingOntoBedBestAlarmClock.jpg
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I love the evening light. I am in manitoba ms sometimes in June it is light until 11pm. So lovely!! I get so much done in the yard, garden, with my animals, and I can go for a run whenever. Time changes back now and it is dark at 5:30pm. Sooner in December. It makes me sad. And not just sad but S.A.D. Not fun. I love the daylight. I don't need it in the morn. I am at work with no windows at 7:30am. I wish we would just stay with the summer time. Life is better then.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    craziedani wrote: »
    My schedule is fine by the toddler in my house doesn't understand what daylight savings is and his schedule has been off, which means my workouts consist of trying not to kick my 2 year old in the head while he's running circles before 5am lol

Lol. I know the feeling. Once they get in school it's easier. ;)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've definitely noticed I'm starving by 10:30 am! I have to distract myself so I'm not tempted to sneak in a snack. Also, my kids have been waking up so freakin early that I am exhausted all day so it's making it much harder to have motivation to work out. :/ I'd rather be napping!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble adapting to the time change? I had everything down so that I pretty much ate meals and snacks at certain times, it is going to take a little time to readjust because my body of course doesn't realize the time is different now.

I hate daylight savings time and I will gladly sell my vote to anyone who says they'll abolish it. That is all.