13»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    WBB55 wrote: »
    ...[snip] OP I know you came here to ask about food, but if you have your calories set to 1200

She has cheat days. She's averaging more than 1200 per day.

That doesn't matter. Goals should be both reasonable & healthy.

I do eat the around the whole 1200, I just worded it weird I guess. I don't starve myself don't worry

The MFP set up assumes that you eat back some exercise calories if you exercise. I don't think 1200 is a terrible base goal for a smaller person (I did it, but I'm also older than you, which means usually that you need fewer calories), but if you go that low you should be eating back some exercise calories.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Rosyone wrote: »
    I cannot stand (ahem, Brussels sprouts, ahem)...

Don't like miniature boiled cabbages? Try cutting them in half, then saute cut edge down in olive oil 'til brown, then finish in a hot oven. Season with basil and sea salt and a splash or 2 of red wine vinegar (or balsamic if you like it. I don't) . Serve with garlic bread and maybe something like chicken parmesan for your protein.

Or you could just roast them. I have issues with some veggies prepared by certain methods. I don't like soft and bland, but I love some good savory texture.

I love almost all veggies. I love them prepared most ways - raw, sautéed, roasted, grilled, alone, in recipes, etc. I am not a picky eater in the least. However, I cannot make myself like Brussels sprouts. I have tried every preparation I can think of. I see recipes for Brussels sprouts that look fantastic and try them. I want to like them, I really do! I just don't. At all. Ick.
  • xxHaley2013xx
    xxHaley2013xx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    WBB55 wrote: »
    ...[snip] OP I know you came here to ask about food, but if you have your calories set to 1200

She has cheat days. She's averaging more than 1200 per day.

That doesn't matter. Goals should be both reasonable & healthy.

I do eat the around the whole 1200, I just worded it weird I guess. I don't starve myself don't worry

The MFP set up assumes that you eat back some exercise calories if you exercise. I don't think 1200 is a terrible base goal for a smaller person (I did it, but I'm also older than you, which means usually that you need fewer calories), but if you go that low you should be eating back some exercise calories.

Yeah I always do, I usually go in the morning or early afternoon and eat my breakfast/lunch once I get home and shower
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard hearing that slower is better in this case. That was a mindset that took me a while to get out of! But I realized something: I'm not in this to 'lose weight', so to speak. That's part of my goal, yes, but I also want to keep it off in the future. So I started focusing on relearning eating habits and retraining my brain and body to what a proper food portion looks like. Now, three years later, I'm at goal and so far, doing good staying in my weight range. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot about my hunger cues and what I should and shouldn't be eating. So maybe looking at it that way will help.