Protein Bars

Options
2»

Replies

• joshuakcaron
    joshuakcaron Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    nicechap wrote: »
    Are these bars healthy? Most people I have talked to at my gym and office recommend staying off these bars as they have sugar and lot of calories. Maybe homemade ones are better. I tried the chocolate flavored one once and loved it. But I am not sure if it's healthy to eat them daily. Thinking aloud ...

I've seen a video saying most bars aren't that great for you for all the reasons you listed. I honestly need something high in calories though because I'm losing too much. Averaging 5.2lbs a week over 5 weeks.

They suggested homemade bars as he best alternative :)
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Today ( the whole week i think) Builders protein bars at Smith's supermarket 10 for 10 dollars :) I was luckyyyyyy

95069916.png

Thanks for the tip There is a Smiths is just across the street from me! Heading there to look for these bars. You must be in Utah or one of the western states?
  • heathandamanda
    heathandamanda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check ingredients! The best for you with low saturated fat, sugar, carbs, etc and have protein with lower carlorie to me is DETOUR bars and they taste great! I have found them only in Harris Teeter but sure you can get them online and other places. They seem to be more rare but some of those Protein bars are garbage. They are loaded with protein and all the stuff that harms your heart or breads fat too.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Quest bars-Amazon.
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I really like quest bars! You can buy them on their website. Also, check out vitacost.com for good deals on protein bars.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    do not buy quest, they changed their formula and are now disgusting.