Weight loss during Thanksgiving holiday?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fornorezzon18
    fornorezzon18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I will do my 8 to a 10 mile walk and then enjoy the yummy foods, pies, cookies, etc for the day. Next day get back at it. ;)

Very good strategy
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Twenty days @ 1200 calories will give an extra 5,000 calories for Thanksgiving. Back on track following Monday 1450 calories.

Making room for Cheesecake factory, Godiva chocolate cheesecake at 1100 calories a slice. And breakfast black friday, Paradise bakery cinnamon rolls.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to share a meal with my family and be thankful that I am able to do so. I never count calories and will not on this day either. I will not pig out nor will I restrict myself. I'll just enjoy a slightly larger than average meal, like I do every year.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've tracked for the last 4 Thanksgivings; it's entirely possible to have a full dinner with all of the key elements and still have a 1200 calorie day. I think that I have had turkey, gravy, a very small serving of mashed potatoes, cranberries, green beans and pumpkin pie most of those years--plus a light breakfast and lunch.

Plan/track ahead of time to figure out how to make it work.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I wonder where all the sad green bean casseroles go after Thanksgiving?

fxzqbh68ezn9.jpg

Bwahaha!

One of my doggies has an incredibly strict diet that I have to home-make for him (3x a day!). The other one eats Saltines still in their wrappers if he's fast enough to steal one out of the Wendy's bag. Either one would try to steal my turkey bones, so amen.
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue to fast until 2pm as I do everyday. I will log my food and exercise as usual.

Other than that, I will NOT be using my food scale on Thanksguvjbg day. I will not be eyeing every single ingredient to make sure there is no evil msg or preservatives lurking in the food ingredients. I will not be freaking out about sugar content or skipping any desserts. I will not drive everyone crazy with my health and fitness rants. Thanksgiving I will let loose, not worry or stress about gaining weight and just enjoy being with friends and family.

The next day I will pick up exactly where I left off on my fitness journey and pretend like three helpings of stuffing and four different types of pie never happened.

I love this response.

I've been losing 2-3 pounds per week and didn't want to break that stride while visiting family during the week of Thanksgiving. My plan is to attend a social dance weekend event beforehand (think 17 hours of dancing over a 2-day period (the only occasions where I eat A LOT of carb-heavy foods lol) and then hiking and more social dancing for a few days while I'm there. During non-active days, I want to stay around 1200 calories, but on Thanksgiving Day and the day after, I just want to eat whatever (but not pigging out!) and enjoy myself.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

I've been losing 2-3 pounds per week and didn't want to break that stride while visiting family during the week of Thanksgiving. My plan is to attend a social dance weekend event beforehand (think 17 hours of dancing over a 2-day period (the only occasions where I eat A LOT of carb-heavy foods lol) and then hiking and more social dancing for a few days while I'm there. During non-active days, I want to stay around 1200 calories, but on Thanksgiving Day and the day after, I just want to eat whatever (but not pigging out!) and enjoy myself.

Ooo...you aren't having Thanksgiving in Seattle, are you?
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Ooo...you aren't having Thanksgiving in Seattle, are you?

Nope. Missouri. The dance is in Pittsburgh. I have danced in Seattle, however! lol
  • MissElectricEyeliner
    Options
    I'm eating what I want on our Thanksgiving day, we're saving it for the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The other days I'll monitor how much I eat, example being the left overs.