Why aren't you sweating?

Options

Replies

• chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    My theory is "if you still look cute at the end of a workout....then you didn't train hard enough"
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I never sweat. I GLISTEN! :wink:

Here here!

Lately, I've been sweating a little more than usual. I blame my pre-workout supp and increased intensity.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS dripping by the time I get done.

Like, you could almost wring out my clothes!! I used to get embarassed about it. Now I'm proud :bigsmile:

I see alot of people running on the treadmill or lifting heavy and they don't sweat at all.

I guess I'm just blessed with the sweaty gene :grumble:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I typically don't sweat much while I work out so you can accuse me of not working out very hard.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My theory is "if you still look cute at the end of a workout....then you didn't train hard enough"

Some people are just cute no matter what, though, sweaty or not. :tongue:
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, I am exactly the same! If I put in just a moderate amount of effort I will be really red in the face and beautifully covered in sweat. If I've done a boot camp style session people look at me as though I'm about to collapse or hurl :laugh: I'm hoping it will ease up as I get slimmer and fitter, but I'm not holding my breath
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend dosnt sweat also it annoyed me on the beginning because it made me seem so unfit standing next to him dripping in sweat. But he told me he has never sweat much. The other day we did a 3 hour mountain climb and he only had a little sweat on his back while i was soaked. Some ppl just dont sweat
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat, I SHIMMER! :laugh:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I only sweat on my head! It's so weird. During a run sweat will be pouring down my face and my hair will be soaked but I am dry everywhere else. I have no idea what my issue is haha.

I sweat everywhere EXCEPT my head. After a workout my shirt and shorts will be drenched but my face and neck will barely even glisten.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're right - If you're not sweating you're not trying hard enough. Also, it's just that you're obviously hydrated, so well done! I love seeing sweat pouring off of me. Used to think it was gross, but now I love it.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Oh, and by the way, you don't sweat, you leak awesome.
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get SOAKED, especially when doing BJJ. Jiu Jitsu gis are very heavy and hearty due to the amount that they are gripped by our opponents.

But even wearing regular workout clothes during conditioning, I am soaked as well.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a sweater.

I overpower those dri-fit shirts - which makes me trying to get out of them a bit comical as they stick to me.

I lose about 3-5 pounds of water during a workout.

After 45 mins, I leave a trail of sweat on my treadmill's belt. It's probably good that I workout at home. :)

Oddly, it's no longer salty though (even though I totally eat enough sodium), which while weird, is a bit nice because it doesn't burn my eyes any more.

Happily though, I don't sweat during daily life any more now, so it's a trade off I guess. I used to sweat just walking around and HATED the summertime - no more.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am drenched after a workout. I start sweating in the first 5 minutes. I even needed a special mat so I don't slip in regular Yoga class.
  • ohnstadk
    ohnstadk Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're right - If you're not sweating you're not trying hard enough. Also, it's just that you're obviously hydrated, so well done! I love seeing sweat pouring off of me. Used to think it was gross, but now I love it.

This just isnt true. Unless you are suggesting some extremely fit people arent working hard enough. There are people who have commented on this thread who dont sweat that are in crazy good shape. I dont sweat, and Iwont pretend to be in fantastic shape, but I work my *kitten* off to glisten!

Also sweating doesnt mean you are working hard, my boyfriend sweats if it is 70 outside and he is sitting down - doesnt matter if it is sunny or overcast he sweats. So I would say your thinking is flawed.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    To give you some idea, my t-shirt post-workout is usually wetter than my towel post-shower.

Good for the people that can get away with not sweating.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    People have different thermoregulation systems. Some people are more sensitive in the rise of body temperature than others. Sweat is actually a great way to cool the body as the heat is released in the sweat as it evaporates off your skin. I wouldn't worry about it too much, other than it being annoying. I sweat like crazy when my heart rate hovers around 80% max, unfortunately that's the zone I love to work out in so I just pack extra towels and never wear my gym stuff more than once without washing.

It helps me cool off, I notice, if there is a fan running. If I'm on the elliptical and there is no fan, it almost makes me feel even hotter. During the circuit, same thing (unless the fan is on)...one reason I love the arc trainer so much is that there are fans built in so I can run it while I work out.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    To give you some idea, my t-shirt post-workout is usually wetter than my towel post-shower.

Good for the people that can get away with not sweating.

I know, right? I remember all through high school I wouldn't sweat during gym class even though we were running, playing sports, etc...but now it's buckets...ick.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Also, my face gets super red. Not my best look.
    Mine too. It's irritating but oh well.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I get SOAKED, especially when doing BJJ. Jiu Jitsu gis are very heavy and hearty due to the amount that they are gripped by our opponents.

But even wearing regular workout clothes during conditioning, I am soaked as well.

I remember during karate I was always drenching in sweat...mostly because my gi didn't breathe at all and I felt like my clothing was eating me whole LoL