When do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift, so right when I get home from work (morning) or when I get up in the late afternoon / early evening. Sometimes both.
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    I leave at 7:30am and dont get home til 8pm most night - thus I have had to MAKE time for exercise.

This morning I was up at 5:15 am to do 3mile run and an Insanity work out......It's not easy but perhaps try to wake up earlier than your child? You will love have your evenings back to yourself.

Also - maybe you could save some time NOT "getting your husband up and out"??? He is a grown man what could you possibly need to do?
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM with two small children. I try to go for a 30 minute run on my treadmill when they are down for their afternoon nap. I will try to go for a walk in the evening when my husband is home. If it is a "run day" I will fit my second run in when the kids are down for the evening.

I need to incorporate lifting in there soon.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Currently I get up in the morning and get myself, husband and a 2 year old off to work and out the house by 8.30.

When works best for you? I am after tips, and also motivation tips if your best time is in the evening?

(1) make your hubby get himself up in the morning and help get your 2yo ready. :happy:
    (2) get up before hubby/baby and workout, so that you're finishing your workout and getting in the shower as hubby is getting up. If you have to be out of the house by 8:30am, you shouldn't have to get up at a completely ungodly hour to do this.
    (3) If you're going to workout in the evening, either do it as soon as you get home from work (while hubby feeds/plays with the baby), or do it as soon as you put the baby to bed (as in change and get started the second you close the door to the baby's room) - hubby can handle it if the baby needs to be checked on.
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    During the week I wake up at 5AM to workout and wake my daughter up at 6 to get her ready for school. She is five so all I have to do is get her clothes out and she does the rest. On Saturday and Sunday I normally just let her workout with me or let her play in her playroom while I workout.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Up at 4am, at the Box by 4:45am, home by 6:30am. Rest of the day is mine.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    When my babies are napping around 10-11 am
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It is so much easier to do my workouts in the am. It gets it out of the way and has me feeling great all day. No one wants to work after a long day.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Either on my lunch break or immediately after getting home from work.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I work out at night, usually between 8-10PM. I don't have any motivational tips, though, I just suck it up and do it. On nights when I don't want to, I try not to think about it. I just clear my mind, put my shoes on and start.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 and am in the gym at 5 AM. Home by 6:10. Works for me. I have found evenings and such just dont work. I have to many other demands on my time.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both get up at 4:00 am. Over the years, we have amassed a pretty good selection of equipment, so we both exercise at the house. She does her thing and I do mine. I'm showered and ready for work by 6:00. She's in the shower by 6:15. The kids get up around 6:30 and I help with them until I leave. By then, she's out of the shower and it's all hers. Our kids are 7 and 4 , so they are a bit independent. On the weekends, the schedule flucatuates depending on what we have going on, but that is our normal Mon-Fri schedule. Starts the day off awesome.
    As for motivation: The only excuse you have for not working out at that time is being lazy. No kids, no schedule crunch, no nothing. Just you and your mental state. :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I get up, have some water and green tea, answer emails and mess around on the internet for a bit, then I get ready to go. I'm at the gym starting from around 10am or so. Not totally early, but definitely in the morning.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom for the most part, but the best time for me to workout is right before lunch between 10-12. My boys had their breakfast, they're busy playing with something and I've had my coffee :wink: In the Fall, I'll have to figure out a new schedule because I'll be taking day day classes that semester and all my kids will be school. Wished that the campus had a fitness center or a track.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Evening after work from 8-9 PM
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, I get up and do 30 Day Shred right before work. Also on my break I might take a 30 min walk around 1-2pm.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Morning
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You have a very hectic schedule! Is every single day like that for you? I used to feel guilty if I skipped exercising for a day, but I've really tried to stop feeling bad about it and I just work extra hard on the days I can get a good session in. If I can only do 60 minutes 3-4 days a week, I'm okay with that. Weeks that are slower I try to do every day. It just depends. And, my kiddos are older than yours, but they workout w/ me sometimes. It's pretty cute watching a 6 yr old do squat thruts... lol. I've also popped a kids dvd in to keep them busy so I could get some exercise time in. It sounds silly, but I also put on my workout clothes just as soon as I get home. Off go the work clothes and on goes the sports bra, shorts, and bandana (I sweat like a pig). If I'm all ready to go, it's harder to talk myself out of it.

And, YES to all the folks that have suggested having your husband help out more so you can take the time for yourself. My hubby is very supportive, and it's a huge help.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    At the gym by 4:15 am 5 days a week ......
  • bethcw1
    bethcw1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    M/W/F 6:30 - 7:30 am.

At first, the kiddies got in the way a bit, but they soon realized that I was not going to stop my work-out to help them with anything. Now, they either do their own thing, join in, or watch. They are 4, 7, 9. my 7 year-old can plank like there's no tomorrow! She is my inspiration - one day I WILL out-plank her. LOL