This time last year...

Options
13»

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh....fitting into a plane seat...that by itself makes it all worth it! :smiley:
    I flew to Hawaii when I was at my heaviest and it was TORTURE!.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    aut2run wrote: »
    Wow! Fantastic. Love your pics! You look great( and probably feel it too.)

Thanks ... and yes, I do feel much better. :)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Ahhhh....fitting into a plane seat...that by itself makes it all worth it! :smiley:
    I flew to Hawaii when I was at my heaviest and it was TORTURE!.

Funny thing, just over a year ago, I flew to Canada from Australia. At that time, I was close to my heaviest and the plane seats were snug. I was probably the most uncomfortable I've been on a plane.

I flew to Canada again last June after losing about 15 kg, and when I settled into my seat, my first thought was that there had been some change to the seating. They were reasonably roomy ... and then it dawned on me that it was ME!

• TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love this!

This time last year...I was really, really sick--chronic stomach pain, heartburn, digestion issues, body aches, etc. I was always exhausted, I could barely sleep through the night, and I couldn't even walk 2 blocks without getting winded. I also had serious "brain fog" and was a major anxiety-ridden and depressed recluse.

6 months ago I finally made the decision to change and things have gotten so much better. I'm 56 lbs down, and though I still have a long, long way to go, I'm leagues away from where I was. All those health issues I mentioned are gone, I sleep properly now, I can--and have--walked all day without a problem, my thoughts are so much clearer, I don't feel as depressed, my anxiety has become more managable, and I'm a lot happier.

I still have lots to improve on in various aspects of my life, but at least now I'm making strides to improve as opposed to sticking my head in the sand and ignoring all my problems.

:)

Awesome progress stories, everyone! You're all so inspiring! Here's to making the best of another year!
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This time last year:

- 10-15 lbs heavier
    - A size bigger in pants
    - Almost 12" more on my body
    - Kept telling myself oh I'll go to the gym, I'll go to the gym, and not going
    - Eating out, not a lot but way more often than I do now

I just somewhat recently started my weightloss journey again, so by this time NEXT year I'll be able to say hey I reached my goal :)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    This time last year, I weighed 82.1 kg (181 lb), BMI 25.34.
    This morning I weighed in at 72.1 kg (157 lb), BMI 21.98.
    And I have pretty much maintained that weight since mid April (though I went back up to 74 kg over the summer). Also (although I know BMI is a problematic measure), my BMI has been continuously in the "normal" range since December 2014. I am really pleased about this!
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was hugely pregnant and uncomfortable. I've had a really hard time losing the weight. I've lost about 15 lbs after the initial loss through hard work with 15 still to go. I don't know why I haven't been motivated this time around but I'm glad I've at least lost what I have lost.
  • Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    taymam wrote: »
    This time last year... I was seeking treatment for post partum depression, I had prepped for months mentally to make a change in myself. I was 213 pounds. Still wearing maternity clothing and never had owned a pair of jeans or shorts. I cried frequently in the closet or the shower so no one would see me cry. I refused to weigh myself. No confidence, self worth, self esteem, and just a general lack of satisfaction.

This year I'm down nearly 50 pounds. I have changed everything, my house, my routine, my clothing, my job all to promote this happy lifestyle. I am positive, optimistic, confident and proud. I have made a huge desicion to go back to school and get a degree in psychology and chase my dreams which I never had the self confidence to do before now. I feel stylish when I leave my house, and even though my kid is poking my fat as I type and relishing how stretchy it is, I'm still thrilled with myself. I feel as though I can do anything
    I deal with obstacles without anger and fear but jump right in and do what needs to be done. And it's totally empowering.

Love this post, so uplifting! You are inspiring me!
  • LittleTikiBirdy
    LittleTikiBirdy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This time last year, I was 10kg heavier, and suffered anxiety. Now I am thinner and more calm :)
  • gherring2014
    gherring2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This time last year I weight 241, bmi put me at morbid obesity. Size 22. 1year later 85 lbs down. Size 10. Bmi 26, pft. Just ran 10k last week for the first time! Never would have dreamed how different my life would be one year ago!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    What a great thread! Thanks, OP for posting it.

This time last year I weighed in at 145 lbs. down from 179 (counting calories for almost 2 years now). Currently at 127 lbs.; so close to goal that I can taste it and it's sweet. Three more pounds puts me in the middle of my ideal weight range. I'm looking forward to maintenance. I plan on sticking with MFP forever. Learned a ton of good stuff about nutrition here from the old time MFPers. Calories in / calories out all the way!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was 30 pounds heavier; I had already lost 20 pounds that I had started losing at the end of July 2014. I had finished the fall season of riding my bike around town 3-4 times per week.

This year I have logged an average of 45-50 miles a week on my bike over the spring, summer and fall. I am down to the last 5 pounds to lose. I have been lifting weights 2-3 times a week for almost a year (joined a gym the day after Thanksgiving). Looking forward to maintenance, buying a new swimsuit next spring, buying a new wardrobe once I hit my goal and maintaining with the help and support of MFP.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was 30 pounds heavier; I had already lost 20 pounds that I had started losing at the end of July 2014. I had finished the fall season of riding my bike around town 3-4 times per week.

This year I have logged an average of 45-50 miles a week on my bike over the spring, summer and fall. I am down to the last 5 pounds to lose. I have been lifting weights 2-3 times a week for almost a year (joined a gym the day after Thanksgiving). Looking forward to maintenance, buying a new swimsuit next spring, buying a new wardrobe once I hit my goal and maintaining with the help and support of MFP.

Well you can check this year off as one well lived! Congratulations!

• patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This time last year, I was 57 lbs heavier and basically sedentary. My BMI was 39.6, bordering on morbidly obese.

This year, I work out twice a day, cardio and weights. My BMI is 30.4, bordering on just overweight! I'm still wearing most of the same clothes because I have a long ways to go and don't want to buy several wardrobes on the way down. I have had to retire some things that are just too big and I've been able to dig some things out of my closet that I haven't been able to wear in a while.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!