Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What's your favorite dog breed?? And why?

Options
ettaterrell
ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
edited November 2015 in Fun and Games
i just lost my best friend (cat) but have reduced to many and don't need anymore! My heart is so empty and needing it filled so I would like some info on dog breeds. What your fav is and pls list good and bad traits, we have had boxers they are great dogs but have separation anxiety and get destructive when left alone. Let me know yours!

Replies

• blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    Dachshund and St Bernard
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Why are they ur fav?
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    kmt9429h9mol.jpg

Australian Shepherds and Welsh Corgis. Now have Cardigan Welsh Corgis. I like their size, intelligence, and loyalty. Dogs are great pets!
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Never heard of a malinois looking them up now.. Oh I think corgis are the cutest... Thanks for mentioning them!
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd. I've owned 3 GSDs, an American Eskimo, and a Border Collie. I currently own a 9-year-old GSD.

Pros: Loyal, intelligent, gentle, protective, good with kids, lower energy, and looks intimidating.

Cons: constant shedding, a lot of dog to have underfoot, predisposed to certain health conditions (although this is common for most breeds), expensive to feed, and have a negative reputation as a breed.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Our best dog was a mutt (golden retriever mix / we think with border collie). She was so smart, and sweet. And she was a rescue. Rescues are great :).

ETA. We lost her in July, completely unexpectedly. She is very missed.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Love border collies! And sorry for your loss!!!!
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Mutts, b/c they are not inbred to keep bloodlines pure and usually have the best traits between whatever breeds they were mixed with.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    First of all, my sympathy goes out to PP and OP for their losses. :sad:
    I like any breed that is relatively low-maintenance, but high-energy, to match my family's activity level.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Dachshund
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I love rough coated collies, malamutes, any of the belgian shephards, and Native American Indian Dogs, GSD
    I've had collie mixes and I love their disposition. but my lab/malamute mix had the most serene temperment and I would like to consider that for my next dog. but I just get the right dog from the local humane societies
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    Best dogs are always the ones you save! Seem so thankful
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Doxie love! Doxie owners know why.

You have one doxie, you always have doxies.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I love my german shepherd ...she is 8 years old ....she is a great dog /well behaved and absolutely loves my daughter :)
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Golden Retrievers (Duh!) lol Loyal, patient, happy, lovable, very smart and quick to pick up new training.

The worst thing I've found with either of my Goldens is hair! Hair everywhere! lol
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Golden Retriever. They are the cutest puppies ever. They are loyal and loving and beautiful. They smile when they are happy.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    Shiba Inu
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend, she listens well
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Shih tzus.

Their fur is soft and hypoallergenic.
    They're small and cuddly.
    They're sweet and affectionate.
    They're good for apartments.
    They're friendly and approachable.
    You can put them in your pocketbook and take them everywhere.
    I totally agree!
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    a collie because I grew up watching Lassie.