Fall Racers (Week 1)

Options
2»

Replies

• wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Congrats princesspurple on your run today and your time, what a great achievement.

I went for an 8 mile run tonight, done it at a steady pace of 10.06 per mile, wanted to do more on distance than time today, as doing a 10mile race in 2 weeks time, and also preparing for half marathon in september

hopefully will get out tomorrow morning for another run?
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    i did my 5.2 mile race today...my time last year was 54+ and my goal this year was 47....I did it in under 45 minutes..somewhere between 44.34 and 44.43....will know once the posts goes up!

Congratulations!!

I am up early for a 9km run tomorrow. Missed my shorter run today as my 7 year old son wanted to do something with me so we went on my treadmill taking turns during intervals and I did a bit of weight training. Not quite as good of a workout as I wanted with him telling me to hurry up so he could have a turn on the treadmill!!! I wish I could find that feeling that he has where running on a treadmill is fun (I usually avoid it!).
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    done a 5.62mile run this morning, managed to get out at 8.00am befoe it got too warm here in the UK. felt good on run managed to do average pace of 9.22per mile.

need to think of what runs i can put in this week as school breaks up on friday and i know i am going to have to work over most days.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Yeah-so word is final...my race was 44.42! I feel great about it! I can't wait for next year's!:drinker:
  • choran
    choran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I lost this thread- are we still using it or are we somewhere else now???

Had a quiet week (longest run 8k) as I am running a half marathon tomorrow. Really missed the long runs and can't wait to get back into it!

Don't know how tomorrow is going to go as I feel like I had more work done for the last (and my first) half marathon a month ago. I completed that race in 1 hour and 47 minutes and it was a really hilly course. This race is really flat but I don't know if my speed as actually decreased over the last month as I have been concentrating on distance verses speed! Anyway I will just go out and do my best!!!!