Anyone familiar with THM?

Options
excuse the title but has anyone had any experience with Trim Healthy Mama? In the book, the sisters explain their research on over 20 diets programs and combined parts of most of them to come up with their own. The idea is that everything you eat is based on protein and then you either combine it with fat or carbs/fiber but not carbs and a lot of fat at the same time.

I have been trying to convert my eating though right now i am purposefully doing more of a cleanse for a couple weeks: no bread, pasta or rice and no sugar other than from fruit. For some reason i am struggling with figuring out how to meal plan according to their method which seems to have a lot of good research behind it. any ideas?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    dang, thought you were talking about trihalomethanes...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

Aww, I was hoping there was some good advice for her as I have none with this book but come in to see an instant derailment.

Good luck, OP! I hope someone useful comes in here to help you out unlike myself and the first guy. Don't get discouraged, there are some great people on here who would love to help you. I hope you make a connection with one of them!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

Aww, I was hoping there was some good advice for her as I have none with this book but come in to see an instant derailment.

Good luck, OP! I hope someone useful comes in here to help you out unlike myself and the first guy. Don't get discouraged, there are some great people on here who would love to help you. I hope you make a connection with one of them!

At worst we helped OP by bumping this thread for more to see
  • brower47
    Options

At worst she sees us as completely unhelpful and could potentially see us as making fun of her. That could lead to a depressed mental state and giving up on her goals. But I'm continuing to commit this potential crime (I hope you're not too discouraged by our unhelpfulness, OP) but I'll stop being a hypocrit and let the original perpetrator have the last word (or not, who knows).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

At worst she sees us as completely unhelpful and could potentially see us as making fun of her. That could lead to a depressed mental state and giving up on her goals. But I'm continuing to commit this potential crime (I hope you're not too discouraged by our unhelpfulness, OP) but I'll stop being a hypocrit and let the original perpetrator have the last word (or not, who knows).

If you have concerns about the way fellow posters are behaving, it may be more useful to contact the moderators than to use someone's thread to discuss it.
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Y'all are funny..I appreciate the thread being bumped since some guy quickly posted about oatmeal and my thread fell off the radar. :-)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    You might want to use the full book title if you get no serious responses. Also suggest that the protein with lots of fat and v low carb part of your diet plan could be found by searching on lchf diets , ketosis or just low carb on Internet or mofp. Low fat and high carb / protein sound more like a lot of diets. Maybe you can split your research and planning into the two opposite areas and explore before mixing together in a week. Good luck and no I have never heard of their book. They do have a website for members that maybe could help you too.
  • brower47
    Options

If you have concerns about the way fellow posters are behaving, it may be more useful to contact the moderators than to use someone's thread to discuss it.

I agree completely!
  • crcaruso10
    crcaruso10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds quickly following thm! It takes a lot of planning, but it works and I think is sustainable. I would recommend the trim healthy mama Facebook pages, particularly thm for beginners on fb. You will need the book.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Yes, getting the book definitely helps you to get your head around it! Also check out Pinterest - there is a ton of help there including recipes and a quick-start guide. The gist of it is separating fats from carbohydrates, and making sure you get a good amount of protein with every meal. Which basically eliminates almost all "junk" food, because the whole food marketing industry is pretty much built around selling us things that are sweet and fatty, with salt on top. It takes planning, but isn't a difficult plan to follow - and it is very family-friendly, unlike a lot of systems out there. But if you are looking for something to spell out for you how many grams of this or that, and how many calories to eat, you won't find it there - they want you to make it your own and learn how to eat in the way that works best for your body.