Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    So I'm still completely people'd out and my boxing class didn't sound at all appealing last night so I decided to take another me night and not go.

Old me would have chilled on the couch with popcorn and Downton Abbey. New me put on her running shoes, downloaded some podcasts, and had a great 6 mile solo run around town. I'm a little stiff today because I haven't ran in a month, but I feel good that I still have the cardio in place to tackle 6 miles. I also have tonight of no social plans to help reset, I can't wait to get my equilibrium back!
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - 6 MILES!!!! Nice work
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile ooh cookies are one of my weaknesses. Sometimes I chew a really minty sugar free gum. Hard to put more food in your mouth with mint flavor and gum in the mouth. Good luck, you can do it. Way to go on the 1 pound.

@MeinProgress I hope so too, someone brought in donuts yesterday. I said no the first time and luckily I was too busy to go back.

@Rachel0778 Great Job! That had to feel awesome. You will get your equilibrium back in no time.

Ugh I am so sick of packing. I wish I was done, Frustrated that I have a room and a half left, no energy, and haven't been able to really do any work outs. Oh and have no money until pay day. My bank has 12 cents in it.
    Sigh, just a few more days I can do it.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @MeinProgress - how did you do?

@rachel0778 - nice job on the run. I wish that was something I could do. My body just never caught up with my mind on that one. Party is Saturday, looking forward to it but at the same time can not wait until it is over.

@jdelaroy - well an empty bank account at least mean no temptation to eat out...is that a positive or a f*** you :)

Well even I have to say I am proud of myself at breakfast today. I really wanted the canolli pancakes but got a vegetable egg white omelet, skipped the bread, had 2 forks of the hash browns. I did order the pancakes but had 5 bites and brought the rest home for my sons. Now you ask what is a canolli pancake...imagine a pancake as big as a 15" dinner plate (really like and fluffy) that they layer with this wonderful creamy canolli filling and then fold up this delicious pancake. They then top it with more filling. They are wonderfully wonderfully sinful.

So off to iron.

Have a great night everyone.

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/11 start :#
    7/18 3.7 down 11.3 to go :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile - well done on the pancake restraint, they sound delicious and very hard to avoid - great NSV!

@jdelaroy - hang in there, it sounds like you have done so much of the packing already and the last couple of rooms are always the hardest as you start to lose the will to do it. But just think of the workout that you are getting simply by doing the packing and the lifting and the moving - you will be doing more than you think. And the pay day issue - I so know that feeling and it sucks. Stick with it - you are nearly there!

@Rachel0778 - 6 miles, I'm seriously impressed. Hope the night of no social was good for you :)

@MeinProgress - hope you both enjoyed and survived the pizza party!!

I've just come out of a two day training course at work - a Train the Trainer session. Good fun but boy did she work us hard (a colleague so she knows us pretty well and took no nonsense!). Two long days, homework in the evenings and precious little time to think about anything else. Got home too late both days to see Alistair so really looking forward to being able to pick him up from nursery this afternoon, spend some time with him and then put him to bed with his nightly stories. It's been so hot here and had so little time and energy so the house is a complete tip - working from home today so will finish a little early and blitz a couple of rooms!
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Guys! It's Thursday...! Let's kick its booty..!!

Sounds like we've all had a similar week.. Bring on the weekend..! (Yahoo - a few meetings and the gym, but otherwise it's poolside for me)

I weighed in this morning and saw a pretty significant drop, my guess is it's the reduced calories (which I was in a bit of a snit over earlier this week) .. I'm always happy to see the number go down, but sometimes I have a hard time believing it. This brings me down to a total loss of over 112lbs or something ridiculous like that.

Anyhow.. Busy day ahead, lots of driving, so looking forward to a Barre 3 class tonight to release the mental and get a good calorie burn .. Have a great day, all! x
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Morning Peeps! Hope all is well with everyone. Just wanted to check in with some insta posts - and an accountability weigh-in.

Starting weight:
    7/18 - 164.2
    7/21 - 163.0

Monday bootcamp:

29rrf1jjebwu.jpg

Last's bootcamp: I've been having back pain lately so I got a steroid shot and a pain shot yesterday. Kind of funny - I was talking to the doc and she said "So you're in here for back pain but you're doing a bootcamp program?" It doesn't hurt when I'm exercising but I keep myself at a pace that I know I'm not hurting it more. Weird that it doesn't hurt when I'm exercising.

j5vejz5uxdvs.jpg
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile and @janetay01 - Well I actually did okay! I had one piece of super yummy wood-fire pizza, and a handfull of strawberries. That's it.....No seconds, and I left before they brought out deserts!
    Then...Last night my dad called and wanted to take me and my family to dinner...Mexican. I had grilled chicken with chipotle sauce, and one tortilla. I ended up under calories, and enjoyed both of my functions! YAY

@ChangeIsADecision - I love the pics!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile Great job on your breakfast choice, that pancake sounds super yummy.

@janetay01 It will be nice to get back into your normal routine at home. I always miss my babies when I don't see them for a few days. Although this morning Grandpa picked up mine and will have them until Saturday. I am looking forward to a little alone time to pack. (Wish it was for date night though)

@Kait_Dee 112 That is amazing, plus all the lifestyle changes. Great job. I am ready to kick Thursday in the teeth.

@ChangeIsADecision Great job on the boot camp. I hope the DR visit was helpful for the pain. I think it doesn't hurt when you are exercising because you have no time to focus on it.

@MeinProgress Those are some great NSVs glad you had a good time.

Well, I got one room packed and one room left. Does packing count as exercise? I am sure missing the tread mill and swimming this week. I have been doing a 20 minute walk at work to help make up for it.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Alright... so I've been away... I wasn't doing anyone any good by my negative, head not in the game... I thought I was ready after my last break, I was not! But after a great week and 4.5 pounds down... I am ready!! I had to prove it to myself. I hope I didn't let any of you down! I know I was not in the right place to motivate others, when I couldn't motivate myself! I've been doing great with eating and exercise this week... I am motivated and I am back ladies! We are going to nip this in the butt! I've been bike riding with my daughter, about 7 miles a few times a week, and I've been riding my under the desk cycle... My steps have been good and my snacking has diminished!!! That was my sore spot!! I cleaned out my desk of any snacky foods that were bad and I am ready to get in shape! I have a trip to the beach in October and I am going to be damn good and ready!! =) Let's do this!!

Now it's time for me to catch up!! Yikes! I am WAY behind!!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ShyCush6 When I first found this thread you started I read the first 20 pages or so, and found you and everyone else so motivated and supportive. I then skipped to the last few pages, read and decided to join. I was disappointed that you weren't posting and had wondered where you had gotten off to. So, I just wanted to say glad you are back, motivated and thank you for starting such a wonderful thread that has turned into a fantastic group of people supporting each other.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy Packing is totally a workout. Thank goodness it will be over soon!

@FitEqualsSmile Cannoli pancakes sound delicious-and deadly! Great job choosing the better option

@Janetay01 Glad to hear the training was worthwhile, but I bet it's nice to be back with Alistair. I hope you're having a great day at home!

@Kait_Dee Way to go on the big loss!!!

@ChangeIsADecision Bummer on your back. Endorphins and adrenaline while exercising can reduce the feeling of pain so definitely take care of yourself! Love the sweaty selfies!

@MeinProgress Way to go!!!! That's a huge NSV!

@ShyCush6 Welcome back!!!! You don't only have to post when your head is in the game. We're here to help motivate you too when you're feeling down!

I'm crazy busy at work today since we're training someone new in. Making healthy choices and kicking butt though! Happy Thursday Everyone!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Joy: I am in for the 15 lbs by Oct… It will be very tough… But I am in!! Looking to hit ONEderland again!!!
    I’ve been thinking of a food scale.. let me know how it works for you!

Janetay: the blanket is beautiful!!

Nicole: Welcome! My goal is 50 lbs as well!! We can do this!!

Karen: Love the accountability!! Keep it up!! Canoli pancake… Umm… to die for! Yum!! I think I just gained a lb. reading the description!

Rachel: Summer Social Calendar is always a issue… so hard to not go out, have fun and have great foods/drinks surround you! Way to go on the 6 miles run!! That’s awesome! I just needed a good break, I felt like I was motivating everyone but myself unfortunately and I was being a negative Nelly toward myself, which only made it worse! The break was good and I feel back in the game! I’m sure I will have bad days but just needed to set my head straight and figure out why and who I was doing this for!

Kait_Dee: Great motivational pictures! I love start & current pictures! It’s so great to see!! Keep up the awesome work!!

Changeisadecision: Great job on bootcamp!! That rocks!! You are doing amazing!!

Jdelaroy: Thank you! It is an awesome thread… I was just in a bad place… I couldn’t shake it and was motivating everyone but myself… I was in a slump and needed a good break… It was a long month and I’ve worked hard to get back into it! Glad you love the group as much as I do!

Some of you may not know me… I’m Shy, I’ve been away for a month or so and I just needed a break to set things straight and get myself back on track! I’m a Wisconsin girl, 40 yrs old, mother of a teenager, Lexi and I have about 50 lbs to lose! (short and sweet)
    Made some refrigerator pickles from the cucumbers in the garden last night and been eating BLT’s with fresh tomatoes and spinach! I’m on a spinach kick lately! YUM!
    I’ve been taking off Fridays and Lexi and I have been going kayaking each week… What fun! We are going again tomorrow! Hot and humid here this week, so the water will feel great when we jump in afterward!! =)
    My goals for myself… To burn 350 calories per day, doing anything. I’d also like to have 5K steps in by noon (6,454 so far today) and 10K by the time I leave work… anything after that will be bonus but I do have a goal of 12K per day… Hoping to beat that!
    I’d like to figure out a small workout that I can build up on… I will search pinterest and see what I find… Whether it be a daily challenge or a month…
    Goal for today: 50 situps with my 350 burn!

Goal: 15 lbs by Oct. 1
    Start: 7/21 (Down 4.5 lbs) < - Great motivation that I can do this! It’s a perfect day to start!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 – Good for you to take some you time and not couching it!! We all need resets from time to time… You’ll find your social butterfly soon. 

@Kait_Dee – WOW… Way to go on the total weight loss!! That is so inspiring!! When is your competition?

@ShyCush6 - Glad to see you're back. I had to take a break too! So much media and noise coming at us these days...sometimes ya just have to unplug!

We have no major weekend plans… I have a dinner date with my “Pinterest Drink Night” ladies tomorrow night. We normally meet at one of our houses – make a drink we saw on Pinterest. It’s pretty fun! This time though we decided to go out for it. And I’m driving part of the crew to our dinner spot so that will keep me accountable for the number of drinks I have (only one good beer for me thank you). ;) Then I think a friend of mine and I are hitting the road Saturday morning to hunt down a Farmer’s Market we saw on the Jeep Run last weekend! Looking forward to that… not looking forward to the grocery shopping we have to do though. :| Although we are getting creative with our meals right now… cleaning out the cabinets! Laundry and cleaning the house for Sunday! Booo :s
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Holy, ladies! I've been gone camping, just got back last night and there was lots to catch up on! :) Love this thread so much... had no phone connection while camping, so didn't check in. Totally lost it, was eating chips for breakfast one morning! Whaaaaaat are you doing???? LOL!

Karen, I love this idea of checking in once a week with the weigh in, I think this is what is going to whip my kitten into shape here - some real accountability! YESSSS! Great thinking, thank you!

Shy, glad you are back. was wondering how you were doing! I've been in struggle mode for months now, not sure why, but have to get it together now and just do it!

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and then give my update in the thread. Not sure if Fridays will be my weigh day, but at least it will be a starting point. My parents are having their 50th wedding anniversary next August, and they just told us they booked the whole family (13 of us) on an Alaskan cruise. So I thought to myself, that is a good goal date, so I want to lose 40 lbs by then. I will still strive for the 10-15 by October 1st though (my friend is getting married October 1st, so I want to feel good dressing up that day).

I feel like I'm missing my gym - put my membership on hold this summer. When I put it on hold, I felt like I needed a break, was getting bored and making excuses not to go. We are so busy with camping, company, events this summer that I know it would be a waste of money ($50/month). So I just have to get out there and do my own exercise. I biked to work today, and I will get my butt out hiking and walking the mutt!

Will check in again tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like everyone is making great choices, keep up the good work!!

Shy - good to see you back an focused!! It is great you can take the Friday's off. Great you are spending time with your daughter. Godlike with the sit-ups. My family loves my refrigerator pickles. We make them all year round.

@bluepoppies777 - I wish my parents would take me on a cruise but I think I might end up tossing my sister overboard so maybe not...

Have a great night everyone. We ariel yoga'ed today and I have been shopping and cleaning the rest of the day. Not too much fun for me. I did do some digging and discovered I am 3.2 pounds away from my lowest weight since I had by kids 18 years ago so I guess that is my short term goal in the next few weeks. Will definitely be a milestone.

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/11 start :#
    7/18 3.7 down 11.3 to go :)
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Glad you had fun on your camping trip. An Alaskan cruise sounds like great fun. I however am like FitEqualsSmile and not sure if I would be able to resist throwing my sister/sister-in-law/mother-in-law over board. I guess I will just stay in Ohio and not temp the ocean Gods. LOL

@ShyCush6 welcome back. We have missed you. It is so great to spend time one on one with the kids. Never had a refrigerator pickle, but the family loves pickles so I may have to look them up.

@Rachel0778 Great job on making good food choices.

WOOHOO it is finally Friday. Took a day off from the gym yesterday but did do my 30 day apps of abs, planks, and push ups. That is something. And I am feeling it in my abs today.

I'm in on the 10-15 lbs by 10/6

GOAL- 15 lb. by 10/6
    7/22 start
    will weigh in Sunday, already at work today and have to leave at the butt crack of dawn in the morning for a softball tourney with Jenna

Quote of the Day. "MIND AND BODY IN HARMONY PROVIDE ALL THE NECESSARY STRENGTH FOR HAPPY, HEALTHY LIVING".
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @ShyCush I love your new goals and I'm so glad you're back for our summer countdown challenge! Fridge pickles are the best

@ChangeIsADecision That sounds like a great weekend. Have you found any new fun cupboard recipes?

@FitEqualsSmile Great milestone!!! That's really exciting! Also, way to go on fitting in activity amidst the craziness.

@bluepoppies777 Welcome back! Glad you had a great time camping! It is so hard to eat healthy with all the delicious camping food around, but it sounds like you have some awesome events coming up soon for motivation. I am so jealous of that cruise, it sounds like a lot of fun!

@ngolden3320 Great job fitting in activity even away from the gym. Love your quote of the day!

I've been feeling pretty body negative all week (I blame the heat and humidity making me feel bloated). But today I woke up with a different mindset. I put on some cute summer clothes for work and I've got a yoga date with a girlfriend after work so I am turning this negative thought train around!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    tvuhj3pcr0am.jpg
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision What a great way to help you stay accountable. DD's are the best. Plus you get to watch everyone else get drunk and do stupid things. Enjoy the road trip.

@bluepoppies777 Glad to hear you had fun. I was always told calories when you are up camping don't count....
    Sounds like you have some great ideas for alternatives for the gym.

@FitEqualsSmile 3.2 pounds from lowest weight pre babies, that is fantastic. Enjoy the graduation party, you have worked so hard for it.

@ngolden3320 I love the quote. Hope the tournament goes well.

@Rachel0778 Way to turn that negativity around.

Finally finished packing for the big move tomorrow morning. Ate more than I wanted last night and topped it off with ice cream. It was delicious and so worth the extra calories. I think it was my way of unwinding from the stretch of stressful packing. Plus I spent a little time in the pool and hot tub.

My NSV for yesterday I fit into my too small for me jeans and they are comfortable. Which is awesome because the size up was falling off of me.