Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - Great job on sticking with boxing throughout the entire class!

I dragged my boyfriend to the gym this morning because we have game night with some friends this evening and we won't have time to go then. I'm still feeling my hamstrings from Monday's "good mornings" but that means I worked them hard! Today was back, so I did a lot of row and lateral pulls to really work those lats and middle/lower back muscles.
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Really bad day here today - this chest infection has really knocked me on my butt. I've not even left the house. Mum called to tell me that the doctors at the hospital dad is supposed to be waiting for a referal letter from to see a surgeon about removing his cyst and stabilising his spine had a meeting today to discuss his case and the surgeon has decided it doesn't need an operation! He can't even work how he is. He just wants to schedule an appointment to discuss pain management with him. I could hit someone I really could! And to top it all off my husband has just got home from work and reminded he's going to the cinema for a friend tonight so is leaving again in half an hour and he has ordered me takeout for dinner as he doesn't have time to cook and I'm not well enough too. Grrrrr. Day 2 of 5 of my antibiotics and I'm not sure I feel any better yet. I really hope this fixes itself quickly as all I want to do right now is go to the gym and pound out the frustration that I can't do anything to help on the treadmill and I can't even do that :'(
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Whoa, how did it get to be Wednesday already. I updated my weigh in form Monday below (at least I got that done) It has been a crazy week so far. Got my epidural cortisone shot on Monday, well that was not fun but I seem to be seeing some improvement so I guess it was worth it.
    My eating has not been really on point these past few days but I guess I am at the point where it is okay and move on so...okay and move one. Last night DH has an even at out local baseball game so off we went and Oktoberfest beer was out, that was all I needed, it was all downhill.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

@jdelaroy - love the jump rope story :)

@dana01996 - goodluck on getting the house down. I was laid off 2 years ago and have yet to go back to work. I love it but I think I am about to head back to the workforce. So not looking forward to that. Will hate having to get up to go the the gym early but got to get it done. Let us know about the movie. I can't wait to see it.

Shy - you had a busy Fri/Sat and then deserved the lazy Sunday - I love those.

@Rachel0778 - I hope you are finding your way out of your funk. I hate those. Just stay away from the cookies.

Goal - 135 by 10/6
    7/11: 150
    7/18: 145.9
    7/26: 146.3
    8/1: 144.5
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Samgrim01: Feel better and take it easy! Yikes! Glad mine was just a cold…

Dana: Way to go with a loss on a Monday! Hope you enjoyed your movie night! I want to go to Bad Moms, and of course the Bourne movie would be good too! 17… wow… doesn’t time go fast… my daughter will be 15 this Nov. =( Good luck getting the house done and on the market!

ProjectJen: Too funny I was just saying I want to see that movie! Lexi and I might go this week…

Rachel: Glad you are better today! I think sometimes we just have a funk… glad it passed! Way to get in a good workout though!!

Jdelaroy: Love the workout!! Too funny! Way to keep moving!

WishfulJune: Nice workout!!

FitEqualsSmile: Great loss!! Glad you are seeing improvement from the shot…

Well today is my Friday… Tomorrow Lexi and I are going kayaking again.. we haven’t picked the lake yet… might see if my mom will come with us… She is home alone since my dad went to Missouri with my brother. Friday, Lexi and I planned a day downtown Madison shopping, hanging at the Union, relaxing on the beach and probably just having fun! Saturday we are off to yet another wedding and Sunday we are going tubing on the river with a bunch of my cousins! Should be fun!! So I’m looking at a busy weekend and I am excited about it!! =)
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Well, we are back in the heat today, back into the 90's but it is only supposed to last a couple of days so yea. We are off to the in-laws for dinner tonight. It is our monthly 2 hour trek but good to see everyone. I have aerial yoga this morning and then going to attempt to get the law mowed, but how knows with this heat.

Hope everyone has a great one.

Shy it sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you. I am jealous.

@health_guard - great job on walking the dog. Can not wait until I can get out there again. I miss being able to walk them.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Your jump rope story made me smile! Pants falling off your butt while exercising is a hilariously great NSV!

@wishfuljune Great workout with the boyfriend!

@Samgrim91 sorry to hear about your rough day :( The more you rest the sooner you'll heal and be ready to kill it again at the gym

@FitEqualsSmile Food decisions after drinks never go well for me either! Great job fitting in a workout before the in-laws dinner! It's humidity hell here too

@Health_guard That's awesome that your Mom can join you on walks! I agree it's way more fun to go with family/friends

@ShyCush I seriously have summer envy over your amazing plans!

So I had a rude awakening this morning when I went to crack my hardboiled egg and found out my significant other rearranged the fridge last night so the egg was definitely not hard boiled! Wish me luck that the rest of the day goes smoothly, I guess I'm having a light breakfast this morning!
  • AJF230
    AJF230 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    [quote="Rachel0778;37290130

So I had a rude awakening this morning when I went to crack my hardboiled egg and found out my significant other rearranged the fridge last night so the egg was definitely not hard boiled! Wish me luck that the rest of the day goes smoothly, I guess I'm having a light breakfast this morning!
    [/quote]

trick -- SPIN an egg fast on a hard countertop. The hardboiled ones will stand on and spin that way, like a Spinning Top. The raw ones will wobble on their side. due to the goo inside.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @Samgrim91 hope you feel better soon, hang in there.

@FitEqualsSmile Sometimes you just have to have a good time and not worry about food. :) You've been doing a great job, and it shows. Enjoy your family time.

@ShyCush6 sounds like such a wonderful time. I am jealous.

@health_guard Fantastic job! Exercise, family time what else can you ask for?

@rachel0778 raw eggs yuck. Any way to pop it in the microwave and make it a scrambled egg? Hope the day gets better.

This morning I was ready for work, and then sat on a wet spot on the carpet. Had to go change, and only had the one pair of jeans that fit, tried the next size down. sucked in that tummy and got it buttoned and zipped. A little tight, but not so tight that I have to undo them while sitting down. Woo hoo.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, friends! Sounds like everyone is having a productive week. It took me forever to catch up on the thread! I was away for five days over the weekend and holy, I was so far off the wagon I couldn't even see the dust in the distance! But man did I have a good time! We went to visit friends 6 hr drive away, they live on 10 acres and have quads and dirt bikes. We had a riot. LOTS of drinking, so much fun, too much food, and great memories. I feel like I'm just recovering today and we have been home since Tuesday! Lol. Needless to say I have not weighed myself, might wait until Monday?!?? I forgot to do my 30 day challenges so I am on day 4 today. Oops! I can't believe it is August already, summer is flying by so fast!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    Does everyone realize today is National Chocolate Chip CooKie Day!! So unfair. Good luck to everyone and put down the cookie.

@Rachel0778 - the is funny. My husband is always asking why we have an empty bag in the fridge. It is the hard boiled egg bag. He just does not realize when it is empty and I refuse to toss it and continue to use a new one.

@jdelaroy - nothing better then fitting into smaller jeans. Love packing away the old ones. CONGRATS.

@bluepoppies777 - we all deserve it. Sounds like a wonderful time.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    I made vegan chocolate cupcakes with matcha buttercream frosting this week for a game night with some friends. We typically do a potluck dinner, so it was nice to be able to have some control over the dessert. They were absolutely delicious! I wanted to use the frosting recipe that was also on the cupcakes' website, but I did not refrigerate the coconut milk beforehand, so I ended up making buttercream frosting instead. It was still very delicious, and the hint of match at the end of every bite was killer. Also, vegan cupcakes turn out super fudgey -- so I am a huge fan!

We're going to a free concert on Friday, and then my brother's birthday party is Saturday. He typically grills up a variety of food (eccentric -- like frog legs, goat, and quail will be on the menu for Saturday) so that should be fun, and then we are planning a beach day for Sunday, so I am excited to get my swimming on!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. So glad this wk is almost over. This new system at work is a nightmare. Erything I try to do something I don't have access or the path isn't right. Somehow I have managed to not hurt anyone so I guess that is a plus. Weighed in today. Gained 3 lbs since my last weigh in about 6wks ago. I'm chalking it up to my dads death. Jenna grad party TOM and just life. Next weeks weigh in will b better.

Start weight. 179
    Current weight 167.8
    Goal weight by 10/1. 157

I will reply to everyone after I have a chance to catch up. You have all been busy.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @AJF230 Thanks for the tip! I tried it this morning and it worked like a charm, breakfast is saved!

@jdelaroy Way to go on the smaller jeans! Awesome NSV!

@bluepoppies777 Not a bad idea to wait until Monday for the sodium to cycle it's way out. Welcome back! So glad to hear you had a great time away!

@FitEqualsSmile I sadly had no chocolate chips yesterday. I might have to make up for that this weekend!

@wishfuljune I'm having complete food envy for your weekend, yum!

@ngolden3320 3lbs amidst all of that is totally understandable. The important thing is you're not giving up and back on the wagon

So it is officially Rib Fest in my town, which means awesome BBQ food and I am looking forward to every bite! I pre-tracked so I am ready to rock it! Happy Friday everyone!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    akmcuzwei59f.jpg
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Shycush6

You can add me I've always been a positive persons and try to motive others. I've been married almost 45yrs. to my high school sweetheart. Retired with 30yrs. G.M. always took care of myself and very active. Until age 42 had TIA stroke Drs. told me to stop heavy weight lifting. I quit everything. Have went down hill from there, no ones fault but my own. Now 20 years later, sugar out of control 3 years ago started at 335lbs. last year down to 290 just from walking. Started back to gym last Jan. 2015 at 285lbs Dec. 2015 hitting gym 3 times week. Still at 280 got discouraged quit going to gym. Friend told me about MFP and I see now foods that I was eating were not good for me. I now can track what foods that I'm going to eat the next couple days. Now I've been back to the gym Just before my friend told me about MFP. But as soon as I put in the foods that I thought were good for me, I could see they were not. God bless and have a great day
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @ngolden3320 3 pounds isn't bad at all, and you are here still working on it. Not killing anyone/anything at work is always a good thing. I hope today goes better.

@Rachel0778 mmm bbq ribs! I had some Wednesday. Way to pre-log and have it all planned out. Always good to tackle with a plan.

• sharonmlynch28
    sharonmlynch28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am totally new to this and really need the motivation to keep going. I am really bad for not sticking to anything and normally last only a week or two, I am nearly 3 stone over what I would like to be!! Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :):)
  • MsSGriff
    MsSGriff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am totally new to this and really need the motivation to keep going. I am really bad for not sticking to anything and normally last only a week or two, I am nearly 3 stone over what I would like to be!! Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated :):)

Welcome and Good Luck! My advice would be to cook. Even if you don't know how, you can Google tips and ideas. Eat three meals a day that are high in protein and fiber. I like to eat a lot of steamed green beans, but I also like broccoli, black beans, pintos, raspberries, blackberries, squash, and mushrooms. It's about learning what's healthy and what's not. Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it doesn't taste good. (:

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday MFPeeps! Man, summer is just flying by! Can't believe how fast. I've got tons of events and fun planned in August so it is hard to stay on track! Went out last night and only had 1 beer!! That is my NSV!
    Karen I had no idea it was chocolate chip cookie day! Yummmm!
    I'm kind of failing at the eating 6 small meals a day right now. Does anyone else find it hard to stick with it when they are not at work? When I'm at work I just bring what I am going to eat for the day... At home I'm not being as diligent! Too easy to snack!!
    Have a great weekend everyone! Rachel have fun at rib fest, that sounds awesome!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options