Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jdelaroy: Sorry you are stuck at home. I can’t blame you… I would be going stir crazy as well!

Welcome Debbie! Please post often. Share your stories! Successes, struggles or life problems! We are here to help you on your journey!

FitEqualsSmile: Hey lady… I hear you about not drinking when you are in a bar… Here is what I’ve been doing… Not the best but it is better than some options… I do a single tall Vodka/Diet 7.. It’s 65ish calories… I sometimes ad Mio to it to spice up the flavor… then I do a water and then another drink… I have found that works! I want to join a Euchre league… I suck at darts! But always fun to get out of the house! Sorry to hear of your co-workers… it sure is scary out there… so we have a few extra pounds… we are actually blessed!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers and welcome back @FitEqualsSmile

Hubby and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, went to our fave restaurant a few years ago but it was just awful so we said never again!!! We always treat ourselves anyway so don't need a hallmark day to do it!!!! :#

We were in Belfast last weekend for a concert and being touristy, fabulous city!
    Of course I ate and drank way too much, like my total body weight in vodka!!! >:) Couldn't face ww Monday because I knew I'd be up! I'll go tomorrow instead!

Father in law is going for surgery on Friday...has to have half his lung removed due to cancer so fingers crossed all goes well. It will be a stressful weekend I'm sure.

Just back from my piloxing class, 4th week and I'm loving it!! Great workout! Sweating that vodka out of my pores!!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It's already Wednesday, this week is getting away on me! I had tons to catch up on with the thread! Sounds like everyone had a nice valentine's day - I did too. drank a little too much wine, but had the nicest dinner at home. Fresh ravioli stuffed with portabello mushrooms, with alfredo sauce, and chicken breasts, and asparagus. I don't like going out on the day because the restaurants are too busy, so hubs and I are going for sushi for dinner tonight to our favorite hole in the wall. :) I'm going to limit it, and log everything!

Jane - that quilt looks amazing, you're making great progress. And those cupcakes looked good to me! not wonky! was that fondant? I bake a lot, but I've never used fondant before! Let us know if that phone interview went well or if you decided it wasn't up your alley.

Rachel - hot mama on skates in your new pic! Looks great, Buffy! Love the name. Yes, you have been super busy for a while now, glad that you could take some time for yourself to recharge. We are all searching for balance of some sort - yours is time, mine is amount of wine?? LOL!!

Missy - congrats on getting the promotion! we were all sending you tons of positive vibes, and it worked! That will be awesome, you can work during the day, get your gym time in, and have evenings with the fiance and pups! Sounds perfect.

Karen - I have been wondering how you've been! I thought you fell off the cruise ship and sailed away somewhere hot and stayed there! LOL. Sorry about your medical issues, very happy they are dealt with. I'm in the same boat, lost 35 lbs last year, and gained back a bunch. But still here, and still trying! We can do this!

Shy - Another win at the meat raffle! SWEET! I've decided that I'm going to have to try to host my own meat raffle here one day. HA! I wonder if anyone would show up! I'm so glad to hear that things have clicked for you - that is awesome. It's funny because this morning I had one of those duh moments - of thinking "Joy, eat LESS food".... LOL! That will definitely help in this battle! Of course I know that saying "eat less, exercise more" - but don't really pay attention. I've also been in maintenance mode (not on purpose of course) for months now. Because I keep eating too much, and not exercising consistently enough.

Eva - I think your job of working with dogs every day would be a dream. Much better than sitting at a computer screen all day! hopefully those scratches are healing up, and the rest of those puppies get adopted out!

Nic - that is too funny, getting a nice hotel room for the night from the kids for v-day, and falling asleep! man, we are getting old! can't even stay up to shag anymore! ;)

Welcome to the new peeps, feel free to add me! I'm booked into spin after work today, haven't been for a few weeks. I felt a bit bored and needed a bit of a break, but I'm ready to get back at it today!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @ShyCush6 Glad you were able to take a rest day. Your valentine's meal sounds incredible, I'm jealous!

@jdelaroy So sorry to hear you're stuck at home these two week. I hope they go by quickly and you don't get too stir crazy

Welcome @debsydoo556

@FitEqualsSmile No way I'd be going early if I had to wake up that early for work, yikes! As far as the bar goes, I tend to stick with a glass of red. That way I can slowly sip it so it lasts a long time and is typically around 150 calories

@bluepoppies777 Your Valentines Day and sushi date both sound wonderful! We stay away from restaurants on Valentines Day too. Instead he cooks me dinner at home and we snuggle on the couch with the dog

@tazzy2911 We don't go out for the holiday either but I'll take any excuse to have my SO cook fancy food for me :) Sorry to hear about your father in law, I hope everything goes well!

@Evamutt I bet the puppies appreciate your jogging intervals when you're walking them! That's definitely one way to burn out all of your and their energy!

@kristinak48 Congrats on your loss! Hit the star at the top of the page to get notifications when people post

I had a wonderfully relaxing evening last night. The weather was nice enough to take my dog for a long walk around the neighborhood. I had a bit of cabin fever so I started looking up different tropical vacations. We're thinking about maybe doing a last minute cruise in June or August depending on when my SO can get off work. It was so much fun looking up locations and different adventures we could take part in! I've never been on a cruise, does anyone have any tips or suggestions if we do decide to go?
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @evamutt - hope all went well last night. I used to feel like that every Monday. I would meet my trainer, then work outside in the yard all day, go to yoga and then pickleball with the husband. At least that won't be happening now that I am back to work, LOL

@ShyCush6 - we think along the same lines. I was thinking of sticking with vodka tonic.

@tazzy2911 - I will keep your father-in-law in my thoughts. That is scary stuff.

@bluepoppies777 - dinner sounds great. As @tazzy2911 said the service and food normally stink. We are also hitting up our local favorite on Saturday and might go a little crazy and see a movie.

@Rachel0778 - we love to cruise. We went on our longest on yet - 17 nights - through the Panama Canal last fall. It was wonderful. As for suggestions, a lot depends on $$. We booked so early we got a suite for the first time ever. Dirt cheap compared to what they normally would sell for. Let me tell you, as my husband said, once you go suite, you never retreat. It was wonderful. No so much the room but we had a private dining room for just suite people and the food was wonderful and the service was out of this world. There was no wait and it was no so noisy as the mail dining room which I always hated (so over crowded). If you are heavy drinkers definitely think about the drink package but waiting and purchase in on board as it is normally cheaper. Now as far as cruise lines. We love Celebrity. It is just a step above, we think anyway. The little bump in cost is worth the extra space and service. We also found their food and entertainment was better.

Holy crow am I sore. Second day at the gym yesterday. We did upper body and my legs were still killing me. They are feeling a little better but standing up still no great. Can not wait until this initial soreness is gone. I hit the gym again after work today and then I get to spend my night ironing, talk about a party at my house.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Karen
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Kristina: Great job on the loss!

Eva: Hope yesterday went well… sometimes we just need a break… you’ve been real busy!

Sinead: Sounds like you had a great trip to Belfast! Awesome! Also sounds like you followed my footsteps with drinking your body weight in Vodka! LOL! Best of luck to your father-in-law. Prayers coming your way!!

Joy: Your Valentines dinner sounds amazing! Chad and I are wanting to try out a new sushi place in town… It’s been a few weeks now.. we better get there soon! I’m waiting patiently. Hope you enjoyed yours last night! I’ve never used fondent either… Jane, you’ll have to tell us how it is to work with! You could easily host your own meat raffle!! Go out buy a bunch of yummy meats and some paint stir sticks for paddles! I’m sure your friends would love it!! Keep up the great work with spin!!

Buffy: =) ohhhh… a cruise… so jealous! Sounds fabulous! My suggestion would be to do excursions… We didn’t at one port and it was kind of blah… If there would have been a beach closer it would have been great… Also, I have heard, never done, but it is beneficial to do the drink package as if you add them all up you probably paid for it anyway if you guys are planning to have some cocktails.

Missy: That would be very hard to be on opposite shifts with your fiancé… But absence makes the heart fonder? Hope all goes well. Is he happy with switching to 2nd?

Karen: Your cruises sound amazing!! Thanks for the tips! I’ll remember those! Hope your soreness goes away… but you are doing great!! Have fun? Ironing…. =) My least favorite thing in the world!

So I managed a small workout last night… not as long as I would like but still a good day with my morning workout as well! I ate great again and ignored the hubby’s ice cream at 9pm last night as we are cuddled on the couch… ugh! I didn’t even say one word about it! Totally ignored it!! Otherwise my night was filled with folding 3 loads of laundry and putting it away! FUN! Managed a good workout this morning and hoping for a walk with the pup since we didn’t get it last night! Managed to chase her this morning around the yard for a bit before work as well! Making a homemade carrot cake tonight as well for a party this Saturday. The host loves carrot cake and I didn’t get it made for her birthday so this will do! Have a great day ladies!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @ShyCush6 - have you tried Arctic Freeze yet? Ice cream is the one thing, well and cake, I really miss. This is no Panda Paws but it is pretty good. You can eat the whole container for 300 calories and it is loaded with protein. Tons of flavors. Love the birthday cake and chocolate mint.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @ShyCush6 - have you tried Arctic Freeze yet? Ice cream is the one thing, well and cake, I really miss. This is no Panda Paws but it is pretty good. You can eat the whole container for 300 calories and it is loaded with protein. Tons of flavors. Love the birthday cake and chocolate mint.

OMG! I'm all over that!!! Thanks for the heads up! I will look for it!! I really miss cake too! That is why I am indulging in carrot cake this weekend! One piece! That's it!! It's "Carrot" It's good for me?! Right?! LOL!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,339 Member
    Options
    It was raining this morning so didn't take dogs out. Went to gym class then worked a little on the machines after. I have no idea how many calories to put down for that class. from what I see, mfp only has calories for aerobic type exercises. Me & best friend were supposed to meet after lunch, but she flaked out on me, again grrr. I'm still kind of tired tho & its dark & cloudy today so I'll put on some chicken soup. I feel so unmotivated to walk dogs today but if I miss a day taking them out, it bothers me all day. I just feel like listening to music & reading & maybe go thru my clothes again & get rid of whats too big. They're just taking up space.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday. So far so good on this end. Looking forward to a great weekend. I am in Western New York and it is supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday. Totally looking forward to it. Hoping to get a walk in with the dogs, as wait for it...with the snow gone the yard picked up after the dogs. It is so gross out there.

Good eating everyone, smile on :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Agreed Karen... Suppose to almost hit 60 today! OMG! I'm so excited! And nice all weekend!! I was thinking the same thing about cleaning up the yuck in the yard... Saturday morning project! Have a great day ladies!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
  • Evamutt
    Options
    More rain today in California, ugh. This morning I went to walmart to pick up some meds. I was getting nail polish & a lady started talking to the checker...apparently they were friends. The lady had a book on cleansing with her & telling her friend that it says cleansing once a week will make you loose weight, well I couldn't help myself & shared how I lost 36 lbs so far thru mfp. She's going to look into it she said. I also told them I have 25 more to go. They said I was thin & didn't need to loose any more weight!! no one's said that to me in 40 years! I really do need to tho, I look ok standing up but all the fat is still there & you can see it when I sit down & I feel it, but I bought size 12 work out pants! The funny thing is, I really don't "feel" thinner. I feel better in general but not thinner. Anyone else experience this?
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hi all - just a brief stop in to say that I am still here and haven't disappeared off the face of the earth! Alistair has chicken pox (as do most of the kids in his room at nursery!) and my husband and I are embarking on a week of juggling child care and work and itch control! So if I'm not around much, that's why - hope you all have a good week :)
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @evamutt - so I was down almost 50 and while I have gain 15 of that back with some medical issues, which are now gone, I totally relate to how you feel. I was 1 pound away from my goal weight, wearing a size 6/8 and I still did not feel thin and that was just *kitten*.
    The only time I did feel good about myself was when we were on our last cruise. I got say when it was dressy night I lookin' pretty smokin'. Keep in mind most of the people on the ship where about 80, lol.

I wonder if this ever gets better in your daily life. I feel better, my stamina is better, but when I look in the mirror I rarely see a difference in my body than when I was wearing a size 18. I am currently 10/12 and still..
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @janetay01 - goodluck with the pox!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Jane - sorry Alistair has the chicken pox! We have a chicken pox vaccine here that my younger son had, so the chances of him getting it is very thin... but they didn't have that available when my older son was young, and he got it at 3 years old. poor thing! itchy! Still has a scar from one pox right by his eyebrow!

Taz - Belfast sounds fab!!! I love vodka too... It's my dream in life to travel around europe eating and drinking everywhere I go. LOL! I was an idiot and drank too much on Saturday night - maybe my weight in wine - and had to put myself to bed at 8:30pm! YIKESSS!! So dumb!

Rachel - CRUISE!!! Mine is in August, and we are going to Alaska on Celebrity cruise lines. I've never been on one before, so I don't have much to offer. I have heard about the drink packages, and it's cheaper to get one if you drink a fair bit. But I also heard you can bring 2 bottles of booze on per person, so we are going to do that. You can apparently have the wine you bring on with dinner... so we are going to do that (4 bottles, will be 4 dinners). I don't think I will drink a lot on the cruise because I get motion sickness easily, so I don't want to be woozy. I think it would give yourself a budget limit, and then pick a destination, and then try to get the best deal. My parents have been on 6 cruises, and they love it. Very relaxing and you get to see different places without packing up and doing all the leg work. let us know what you pick!

The weather here has warmed up a lot! All of the snow is almost melted. I'm going up into the woods on Saturday with a friend to snowshoe, so hopefully it's not melted up there by then too! This week I've laid out my exercise plans for the week. And I'm going to menu plan for the week today as well. Going to get my sh** together today and prep myself for a successful week! Happy Monday!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Great NSV!!!

@bluepoppies777 I can't wait to hear about your cruise! We would definitely do an alcohol package since my SO loves to drink

@FitEqualsSmile I hope so...but I've been wondering that too lately. I feel like a whale and I'm sick of it

@janetay01 Sorry to hear about the pox, I hope it clears up quick

@ShyCush6 I hope you fully enjoyed that cake!

I seriously cannot get my life back under control and I feel like I have lost my ability to say no. Every time I think I'm back on track, I self sabotage and derail myself and end up feeling like garbage. This is an awful cycle and I need it to stop.

This weekend I developed an awful cold, and since I had already planned a weekend away with my family I still went. I drank way too much and ate way too much and ended up waking up every hour of the night horribly ill.

Sunday I ate garbage food again trying to feel better...cause that helps?

Now my in-laws have decided they are coming into town early on Thursday, my SO is having his friends over for dinner that I have to cook for Tuesday, I've got a fundraising event tonight, and then next week I have to spend with the side of my family out of state. This is the side of family that I tend to eat my feeling around because I get so stressed.

Seriously, when do I get a break?!

Sorry to vent. I'm just sick, crabby, and at my breaking point.

• Evamutt
    Options
    I think this is the place to vent. I'm sorry what you're going thru. hang in there. Will pray for you if that's ok for encouragement & renew your thoughts how you see things. That's the best thing that I experience, tho nothing changes, the different way I see does & that really encourages me & changes my feelings