Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited. this morning when I weighed I'm 149.6! I was 150-152 in the mornings for about 2 months & never thought I'd lose anymore. I was 150 20yrs ago. So it's possible, don't anyone lose hope, steady prodding is the way to go!Rachel0778, my rescue sends little dogs to Minnesota regularly, I heard there's a shortage of small dogs there. I'm in California, central valley. It doesn't snow & our version of a cold winter is when it gets down to the 50's during the day & 30's at night. I love the winter. I'm always so hot. I go to bed in a light night gown with 2 lite blankets & after a few minutes I have to take one blanket off. During the middle of the night I get so hot i have to get up & change into my summer night wear which consists of just underwear & sports bra. I've always been hot, even in my 20's. My normal body temp is in the 97's maybe that's why. Today is my work day taking care of a disabled lady. I take her to Bible study & that takes up most of my time with her. On Sunday afternoons I take her to the 99cent store & each time I of course stop at a fast food place for her. Yesterday I roasted a turkey. I love turkey. I'm going to take her some. She loves home cooked foods. It's a 12 lb turkey so me, hubby & the dogs are going to be eating it for a few days lol. I also made a variety of winter squash. I'm obsessed to take my dogs out every day so I'd better get going, have a good day everyone
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt That's amazing, know the feeling of seeing an unseen or long forgotten number on the scale! I'm feeling second hand excitement for you! :) Hope I can say the same once I get home on my scale in 6 weeks!

I have successfully done 1349kcal or a little bit less plus haven't eaten any exercise calories for 5 days, woohoo! Only I don't know if it's cause I'm a bit stressed at the minute or the diet coca cola, or caloric deficit, but all these nights I'm having such vivid nightmares, feeling very tired of it, and also very cold and head hurts in the evenings. Maybe it's just my body being shocked, like 'say whaat, you're doing this to me again?!' haha
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I'm excited for you gymprincess
  • mama1971
    mama1971 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'd love to be apart of this group! I need that little extra push to keep motivated and finally reach my goal. I've lost roughly 40pounds but have fun that I'm a lil stuck and have gained and ate horrible the last few days. I work all the time and I'm tired! I use the fitness pal and that helps a lot to stay under my calorie intake- but I'm at a stand still. I know I need to work out more but what and how do you do it when you're tired ask the time.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @mama1971 For me it only takes 1 gym session or another activity to remember how endorphins felt and working out generates new energy. Just find a class or sport that excites you so much, you would go there even if it didn't burn any calories.

Good morning!
    Day 6 of my Christmas challenge! I've started pre tracking and planning out my meals the evening before. Really works, I have to think about food even less now. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Congrats!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! And MN does get a lot of dogs in from other states since we have such a high population of adopters :)

@violinqueen21 Doing the same exercise or same exercise class can lead to plateaus. If you feel like you've hit one, it sounds like it's time to try out a new class or mix up your exercise routine.

@mama1971 Welcome!! As far as exercise goes, you'll notice that your fatigue lessens once it's a part of your routine. I wake up early every morning to get mine in so that way I have no excuses for not getting it done. It helps to energize me for the day.

@gymprincess1234 Your body is giving you pretty solid symptoms that you may be under eating for your activity level. 1349 is likely below your BMR which is partially why your body is freaking out

Happy Thursday! I've got a 13 hour workday ahead of me (ugh) so I got my workout in at 6am today. It was only 19 degrees when I woke up so I stayed inside and did a Beach Body streaming workout. Seriously, those are no joke! I am sore!

Yesterday it was slightly warmer so I actually got out and got a run in. I only went about 4.5 miles but it was nice working out outside while I can.

• gymprincess1234
    Options
    1349kcal is what LifeSum gives me in order to have 500kcal deficit/day. I don't track my walking/working out, so I don't eat anything extra, but that's the only way I actually lose weight. When I ate 1349+workout calories, I would lose only like 1kg per month, that's too slow for me, I get discouraged when I don't see progress, especially now when I've been losing and maintaining and struggling for 1 year next week.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    1 week done! So proud I stuck to my goal! 6 more to go :) Wish I had a scale, but will be fun to step on it at Christmas to see if I actually lost the 7kg (now 6kg left! ) :smile:
    Very happy that my skin has cleared up so much, as I've been eating low fat, no processed foods and way more veggies.
    After I stopped Zero Coca Cola, the nightmares stopped too lol Guess it was the caffeine, cause I never drink coffee or tea.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Welcome mama1971, meant to post yesterday but I was too tired to post lol.I'm a medium energy person & I'm tired a lot too. I take my 6 dogs out every morning for 1hr +, either dog park or walk but that's part of my "light activity" & don't count it. take heart, the scale didn't move for nearly 2 months for me until 3 days ago, of course, I didn't change too many things either since I have only 10 more lbs to lose & ate at more of a deficit than now for almost a year so have been eating at 1500-1600 cal/day Gymprincess, way to go, it's great when we discover ways to improve our lives, good things always take effort. Harder some days than others for me.
    I'm so wiped out today, like I said, I'm not a high energy person although I do stay active. Yesterday I did't have to care for my grand dtr after all, so I went to our animal rescue at 2. Who ever can ,takes some of the dogs for walks every morning(I'm with MY dogs in the mornings so I don't go) yesterday they decided for a walk at 3pm instead due to the cold morning. We walked for 1 1/2 hrs! my legs are so sore today. I did some intermittent jogging with the dog I took too. I'm not planing to do much today. After I take my dogs out & do a little cleaning, I'm going to the animal rescue for a few hours then my hubby requested I make some vegetarian lasagna for him, I'm not having any so I'm making a smaller portion of it. Have a good friday everyone
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Good morning!

Day 1 of Week 2 towards the goal weight. Love how much I week of deficit and clean eating can change your body, I look leaner and not bloated.
    For the week 1 I will reward myself with the boots I wanted, now contemplating what will be my Week 2 gift. :D
    During this week I found out how much numbers help me. I am a very rational person, so my table with -1kg for every 3500kcal burned + rewards + calculation of kcal left to burn makes me think of weight loss like a simple mathematical task. I even calculated the progress (14,29% towards the goal).
    Can you see I'm back into the obsessive fitness mindset? :#:D

I wish you all a productive, fun and healthy weekend!
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm new here! I just started using MFP and a Fitbit a week ago. I started at 173, 33 pounds to lose, and am down to 171.4. I'm a beginning runner, and go to a strength training class twice a week and Zumba twice a week. I also just started the plank challenge here. Losing weight has been very hard for me as I take a medication that messes with my metabolism. I've been very discouraged, so it's great to see some progress. I've been exercising daily and only eating back some of the exercise calories. I've also found it useful to log my calories for the day in advance when I can. Unfortunately, winter has just arrived here, and I won't be able to run outside until spring.
    I'm very nervous about Thanksgiving. We'll be going to my husband's family, where eating is an Olympic event. Thankfully, we will be in a hotel with a gym for most of the trip, so I'll do my best at portion control and then try to burn some of it off. Anyone else worried about holiday eating?
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @SusanDSME Welcome to the club!
    I'm not in USA, so not celebrating Thanksgiving, so I can only speak about Christmas. In my family, we only have 1 Christmas dinner. As I'm celebrating at my home and my very small fam is aware that I use food scale for all my meals, they won't think it's odd if I do the same at Christmas dinner.
    There are a lot more temptations around during the festive season, that's for sure. We always make gingerbread cookies and small pies with pork in them (thumb size) ,which are really easy to overeat, but as long as you track everything, should be fine! I plan on still losing weight during the Christmas period.

Today I went to a cat cafe with friends. A muffin and hot chocolate seems way more of a treat when you know that it makes up 1/3 of your daily kcal intake. :) Walked a lot too, but didn't track any of it and took a lot of stairs to burn extra calories.
    I'm feeling very upbeat and happy since I got back on track. :) And now I sleep well and head doesn't hurt, so I think my body adjusted to 1349kcal.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    We've never had a special Christmas dinner. Our 4 kids are grown & 2 live out of town, another usually works Christmas so we sometime go over our youngest son's for celebration around Christmas. We see him the most & he always grills something so we end up eating but I still eat at a deficit. They are into eating healthy , alot like us so it's easy not to over eat there. Thanksgiving is the big holiday for us & I do plan to eat more that one day
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit stressed about the holiday eating. In years past I have tended to gain everything back between October and February. But I'm committing to logging honestly everything I put in my mouth this year-- eating mindfully instead of mindlessly-- and keeping up with my exercise routine.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Aarjono I don't know where you're from, but isn't Thanksgiving just one day and Christmas season just December? Maybe don't go into the 'holiday eating' mindset yet if you don't have self control and try to snap out of it as soon as the Christmas tree is gone.

Good morning!
    Week 2 day 2! Going strong! And time seems to be flying! Starting gym next week, so stoked to get my bum back round! Eating has become very easy, my body has adjusted and some days I even find it difficult to eat my calories, cause I eat so much greens these days.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 Glad you found a new gym to join!

@Aarjono Just the act of logging over the holidays helps me too, it sounds like you have a great plan this year!

@Evamutt Sounds like you've had some busy days at the rescue! Your youngest son is quite the cook!

@SusanDSME Welcome! Holiday eating is always hard for me as well since my SO's family always overdoes it. I just remind myself to be mindful and to make it a holiDAY, not a holiWEEK, or holiMONTH lol

Turkey was on sale for 88 cents/pound so I bought and roasted myself a turkey this weekend to eat off of and freeze the remainders. It was easier than I thought it would be!

This weekend I did okay eating wise, but social wise I was completely overwhelmed. Saturday I worked an open house in the morning, did my dog walker training at my local rescue, went to my eye appointment, drove up to my friend's house, and then went to a big post-Halloween party. Sunday I drove back and had plans with another group of friends that lasted until 6pm! I had ZERO down time and I'm definitely feeling it today! I'm just amazed I didn't eat my feelings during all of the chaos and lack of sleep.

Next weekend I have nothing on the calendar and I can't wait! I want to put up with my Christmas tree and a book and deep clean my house before the holidays (exciting, I know). Happy Monday everyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    hey!

Week 2 day 3 and started my gym membership today. So happy,it's very commercial and crowded, but gets blood pumping and calms me down, and burns calories and tons me up. plus, had -0.5cm in my hips today :) And a NSV - went to buy a new winter coat and I've dropped 3 sizes in coats since last year!
    I guess at the moment I'm on a high horse weight loss, fitness and motivation wise, only wish life was a little bit less stressful, but should get a lot better in 5 weeks once I move away.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    hey!
    And a NSV - went to buy a new winter coat and I've dropped 3 sizes in coats since last year!
    3 sizes? That's awesome! Congrats!
    My excitement today: we got a new digital scale. Can't wait to use it tomorrow morning. The old spring scale was worthless.
    Today was an hour of strength training, 1.5 mi run, 25 min on stationary bike (5.3 mi). I figured out how to get credit for stationary biking on my Fitbit... I stuck the Fitbit "brain" in my sock!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Yes! Went from UK 18 to 12 (US 10 I think). :)

Good morning, sunshines!
    Week 2 day 4, so I'm halfway to -2nd kilogram! So far it looks like it's all coming off my upper body, my collarbones seem to poke out more every day :D I want the fat to go from the bottom part, but hey, as long as something is melting, I'm happy!
    As I have such limited suitcase space and I find shopping quite pointless while still losing weight, as I had to get rid of a lot of almost brand new clothes falling off of me already, I hadn't been shopping in absolute ages, and exactly for 1 year regarding winter clothes. Now it's very cold, so it had to be done, and boy, it's so much fun when everything fits! Should do this more often, don't even have to buy it all, just try on and see how your body is at the moment, it's amazing, plus you get multiple mirrors, so 360 view to see where you at.

Bought a new body transformation journal, so pretty! I find journaling and making tables and goal lists so motivating.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @SusanDSME Congrats on the digital scale

@gymprincess1234 Good thing you're stocking up on new clothes before you move to Canada ;)

Happy Tuesday! Work was so calm yesterday it actually felt relaxing to be here after my chaotic weekend! I felt really good during my workout yesterday. It had a lot of challenging Olympic lifts, but I've been practicing my form and I'm feeling improvement. I'm going to go to Crossfit again today since I can't make it Wednesday or Thursday this week so I'll be pretty sore by the end of the night! (I usually like to space out my lifting days more than this). My first official day as volunteer dog walker starts on Thursday and I can't wait! My dog is pretty pup-set I'm going to walk other dogs, but he already gets an hour a day (not including ball time) so he has nothing to complain about lol.