Options
2»

Replies

• chaines0145
    chaines0145 Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    "No male is bulking at 2100 calories. Most women wont even bulk that low."

You do not know his body. I am a woman bulking at about 1950 because I have a deal job. 2100 seems low, but it may not be for him. I would suggest gradual increases to get to a surplus because only you know your body. Speaking from experience, I was told to eat about 2200 a day and was gaining close to 1.5-2 pounds a week. That is far too much considering women can only pack on so much muscle at a time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    "No male is bulking at 2100 calories. Most women wont even bulk that low."

You do not know his body. I am a woman bulking at about 1950 because I have a deal job. 2100 seems low, but it may not be for him. I would suggest gradual increases to get to a surplus because only you know your body. Speaking from experience, I was told to eat about 2200 a day and was gaining close to 1.5-2 pounds a week. That is far too much considering women can only pack on so much muscle at a time.

If you were gaining 2 lbs at 2200 calories, it's because of the additional glycogen (water storage). It is mathematically impossible to only gain a 1/2 at 1950 by gain 2 lbs at 2200. More in particular, gaining 2 lbs at 2200 calories, means you maintain at 1200 calories, which I would highly doubt... How much are you gaining at 1950? Also, do you use a food scale? And when you did 2200 calories, how long did you do it before you stopped?