Going bra-less?

Options

Replies

• MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Ugh. For me, braless is not an option. I'm jealous. DO IT!!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased this really cute top with a crochet backing. I was wondering if it was acceptable to go without a bra when wearing this top? I am an A cup if that matters.

You're fine going without. :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sure have fun. I always chafe when going that way but if you can than do it
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Go bra-less, nothing wrong with that! I haven't owned a bra in like 3 years, I hate those damn things :laugh:
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It's acceptable if you're comfortable! I'm a DDD...I'm horribly jealous of women who don't have to wear bras!
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    So this is a total guy question I'm sure.

Do bras actually prevent sagging over the long haul?

I know someone with DD's and she always has them pointed really high inside the cups. But when the bra comes off they are SO awesome!:love:
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options

I know someone with DD's and she always has them pointed really high inside the cups. But when the bra comes off they are SO awesome!:love:

actually there are things coming out now that say going braless is better for preventing sagging
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    ...I think it's kind of insane that women feel bound by society to make their breasts appear perkier (younger), thus skewing the perception of the natural female form. .... Go braless whenever you want! ...Oh, and who cares if your nipples poke through?!? Do you think nobody knows they're under there? Sheesh, the body shame around here is ridiculous.

i :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this but i have to add:

as much as i love going braless (with my teensy As) i cared enough the other day to put a bra on when i was considering going to work with a light top and a light cardigan and my nipples were STILL showing through. no, *i* dngaf if my nipples show, but i know that there are plenty of folks in my office that *would* care, so i bra'd up that day. with a sigh. wish it wasn't a big deal some ppl, but it is... :grumble:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Go for it, if you're comfortable....its Tuesday, so I'll just go ahead and say I'm a DD and its hard to get me in any undergarments at all when I'm not at work...I have plenty of things that look great without a bra and I go for it. If you're rack can pull it off...go for it.

tumblr_m8ak1nS2dp1qjb5e4o1_500.gif

NOTE: and for the record, I do wear undergarments to work because it is "required" in the dress policy. Otherwise all bets would be off.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased this really cute top with a crochet backing. I was wondering if it was acceptable to go without a bra when wearing this top? I am an A cup if that matters.

Yes, it's acceptable if it's what YOU want to do! Plus, I think smaller boobs carry the bra-less look off much easier. I never wear them!
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

actually there are things coming out now that say going braless is better for preventing sagging

It's true, it does prevent sagging.

You can always stick a pencil underneath with your arms down at your sides and see if it will or won't stay there. Pencil stays there, you might be sagging a bit. There should be no room for a pencil. ;)
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wear a size G...and I am bra-less most of the time outside of work lol bras are just so damn uncomfortable! If I was a size A, I wouldn't even own a bra- so go for it!
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Based upon considerable research performed during my youth (National Geographic Magazine) I would say yes, they make a big difference over the long haul.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I used to go braless when I was an A. VS has some convertible bras that you can configure in almost any way if you are not comfortable.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    There are women with smaller breasts that should probably always wear a bra, but overall, very few. IMO, this model should wear one.
    breast-center-braless.small-preview.jpg

Dos and Don't for Going Braless

DON'TS:
    -Don't wear silk or the really light-weight fabrics. Though it feels soft against the skin, it will easily show nipples or the bumps caused by pasties.
    -Don't rely on cotton, either. It tends to wick moisture, but the fiber holds the dampness and doesn't evaporate it like a technical material; instead, look for clothing made out of microfibers or bamboo.
    -Don't wear clothes with boat-neck or flowy, loose-fitting tops— you are more likely to have a wardrobe malfunction when bending or reaching down.
    -Don't go braless in a tube top or strapless dress if you are busty (full C or D cup and above). Your breasts will get compressed and have a sinking look to them. "It's not the most attractive scenario."
    -Don't go braless in inappropriate scenarios, especially in a professional or work setting. Always use the rules of common sense.

DOS:
    -Do wear halter tops and dresses that you can tie yourself, especially if you are bigger breasted. This way, you can decide on the level of support you're getting.
    -Do go for clothes with under-bust support like empire dresses; they are the most friendly for going braless.
    -Do wear sunscreen because the skin on the décolletage is angled up to the sun and the skin there is very thin and more sensitive.
    -Do take good care of adhesives; wash them with lingerie soap. When washing and drying bras, always hook clasps together. It helps prevent the hooks from getting caught on other items in the machine and also helps keep it from stretching so it maintains it original shape.
    -Do know that all women's breasts are different. Breasts aren't just flat or round, and nipples aren't just innies or outies. Going braless will be a different experience for everyone, and all women should be accepting of that.
  • Sekxy49
    Sekxy49 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    luv this! Feels great to unleash those puppies doesn't it?!! Glad you got all that off YOUR chest!!
    I've got pretty large areola and nipples and I go bra-less all the time. In fact, I wore a tight, fitted, dri-fit shirt without a bra and I didn't care who or what saw my large, dark areolas. I'm free as a bird.

It feels good to get that off my chest.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Perfectly acceptable. I used to go bra-less pretty much all the time....then I had 3 kids and they're just not as perky as they used to be *sigh*.

ETA: wrong their/they're
  • kdaxon
    kdaxon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What is this "bra" you speak of?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    For a perky A, absolutely.

For me? Nope!
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Try it on. Take a pic without the bra. One pic only without scrutinizing to get the best angle. Just a snap and go. Take a few minutes before you look at it. Then look at the pic for 5sec only. That is how others will see you in passing. If you don't mind how it looks for 5sec and it's comfortable, then go for it.

P.s. Don't ask someone else to look at it unless you don't tell them what theyre looking for and no longer than 5sec. Otherwise that'sthe only thing they'll see when they look at it.