Options
1234568»

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    Honestly, dem feels for me is never anything but positive.

Just curious why the OP then?
    Is this meant to patronize someone for feeling a certain way? What's the purpose of this expression?

For some reason, of the two times I've seen it on this forum (2nd time was a post to my question of what woo is) both times were in a sarcastic, patronizing context...which conflicts with my traditional Internet understanding of the expressing being being mostly sincere. Hence, the question.

If you're going to call out every phrase you see that you think is sarcastic or patronizing....
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    There will always be people in life who like being the victim. They will take **everything** as an insult , and always feel they have been picked on or insulted somehow.
    If someone gets insulted by the slang " dem feelz" then the internet may not be the best place for them.
    There's slang used all the time , woo, derp, dem feelz , and so on. Not everything is an insult. But if people enjoy playing the victim, then go for it.

Personally, I'm insulted by the term Beast Mode. My back isn't *that* hairy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnLwWenoFGwtGfGgfiahnQFIEs5AD9HkGS9mqXYRnzn97Zk2tpdw

YOU, I like!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

punching%20shark%20layered.jpg

hleyozlknx6l.jpg
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    There will always be people in life who like being the victim. They will take **everything** as an insult , and always feel they have been picked on or insulted somehow.
    If someone gets insulted by the slang " dem feelz" then the internet may not be the best place for them.
    There's slang used all the time , woo, derp, dem feelz , and so on. Not everything is an insult. But if people enjoy playing the victim, then go for it.

Personally, I'm insulted by the term Beast Mode. My back isn't *that* hairy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnLwWenoFGwtGfGgfiahnQFIEs5AD9HkGS9mqXYRnzn97Zk2tpdw

YOU, I like!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

punching%20shark%20layered.jpg

Barney-likes-you.gif
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Honestly, dem feels for me is never anything but positive.

Just curious why the OP then?
    Is this meant to patronize someone for feeling a certain way? What's the purpose of this expression?

Drama?

I get the feeling that this thread and another similar one are showing thinly-veiled contempt toward members who post based upon science, rather than bolstering their post counts with relativistic "it's all good, we're all different" blather which does nobody any good. Why waste three paragraphs to say "I don't know anything about what you're asking and I've never tried it, but it's okay because, like, we're all different and, like, it might, like work for you, kwim?". Sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I use it all the time to mean I feel things. There's nothing derogatory about it.

Yep.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    125goals wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »
    125goals wrote: »
    What's the "dem " mean?

"Them"

That's how West Indians say them.

What?

No, not what. Them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsQHNmaNxDg

yes nyah,
    cool nuh iyah
    who am I
    just the girls dem sugar

I would have posted lyrics from Heads High but I don't want to get a warning as we all know what that song is about...