It can't be this easy can it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Cath2907
    Cath2907 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had 28lb to lose Jan 2015. I lost 25lb at a rate of about 1lb a week and found it pretty easy to be honest. Then I tried to slow it down in the summer to find maintenance and carried on losing until I'd lost 31lb. Then I maintained, then it swung back up a bit and I am back to a 25lb loss now. I am back trying to get stable and find a good sustainable rhythm. I've been maintaining almost as long as losing and the maintaining I find harder. I either eat too little and the lbs drop off or too much!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

I am one of those "some people"! I didn't find tracking hard, but OMG so very tedious. It seemed like so much work just to eat food. My path to success was not always easy but it was simple. Eat less than I burn. Only I do it without tracking.

It takes me less than three minutes per evening to plan my next day and pre-log it. That's less than half the time I spend each day brushing my teeth. The only thing I log day-of are the extra calories I left for snacks, otherwise I just go off of what I logged and use it like a recipe for my meal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

I am one of those "some people"! I didn't find tracking hard, but OMG so very tedious. It seemed like so much work just to eat food. My path to success was not always easy but it was simple. Eat less than I burn. Only I do it without tracking.

It takes me less than three minutes per evening to plan my next day and pre-log it. That's less than half the time I spend each day brushing my teeth. The only thing I log day-of are the extra calories I left for snacks, otherwise I just go off of what I logged and use it like a recipe for my meal.

It took me considerably longer. But I'm not much for planning what I'll eat ahead of time.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It is simple

Not always easy

But if you are consistent in your deficit keeping and activity level, you will succeed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    it's easy when you have plenty of bodyfat to live off, once you get leaner your body will fight back with increased hunger, cravings etc

My experience as well.