ds6099 wrote: »
    What's P90x like?

Not heavy lifting.
    Anyone tried Jillian's Killer Body?
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    I had a really funny image of someone taping a dvd to a set of plates and lifting it :)

HAHA!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I guess the question is, do you want a lifting program or a curcuit style program. There are only a few of the former.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Body beast is my vote!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    ds6099 wrote: »
    What's P90x like?

it's not "heavy" lifting. lifting "heavy" refers to traditional strength training programs where you lift low reps at a high percentage of your max on a particular lift. traditional "heavy" strength programming is done with free weights and focuses primarily on compound movements like squats, dead lifts, bench press, overhead press, and in many cases barbell rows in lieu of cleans.

"heavy" programs are typically done in a gym or at home if you have the proper equipment...they really aren't DVD workouts. there are any number of good DVD workout programs out there, but they are a combination of cardio and resistance training...circuit training would really be a closer description.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    At this point, I think it's crucial to ask, "what, exactly are your goals? What, exactly, are you looking for?"
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I was given body beast DVD by a friend chest shoulders tri's I never laughed so hard in my life at the BS in that DVD.. It takes more than a few sets to get that big without a few shots of something is my guess..lol

Anyone looking for a DVD to lift heavy should probably not be lifting heavy I would suggest getting your form down and learn from that then increase your weight while learning from your own personal experiences..

My 2 cents