Zucchini Parmesan Crisps

Options
charlesnapolitano
charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
Zucchini Parmesan Crisps - Be sure to click on the word Share to save this to your wall.

1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan (heaping)
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
... 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.

Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.

In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.

Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.

Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.

Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is.)

Replies

• coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    sounds good. what are the nutritiional facts?
  • TeresaAlice1968
    TeresaAlice1968 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    They sound awesome what is the nutritional values?
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    BUMP
  • SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I have a few zucchinis in the fridge, and now I know what to do with them - LOL!
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    I made these last night, but they didn't "crisp". They tasted good though. I estimated about 170 calories total for 3/4 cup. Bread crumbs 55 calories (1/8 cup), Zuchinni in olive oil (1/2 cup) 60 calories, and 1/8 cup of parmessan cheese, 56 calories.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty :) I love zucchini!!!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! If you need to cut the fat, you can substitute the olive oil with a beaten egg or egg whites. I also add a little bit of Mrs. Dash sundried tomato basil. Mmmmmmm

Edited to add...
    Using a little over 1 cup zucchini slices, about half of a whole egg, 1/2 c panko, 2Tbsp. parmesan, and olive oil cooking spray on the pan, the total came to 224 calories, 29 carbs, 9 fat, 12 protein, 3 fiber. That made two decent servings, too. Not bad at all!
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    sounds good. what are the nutritiional facts?

I looked it up, because I was interested too. My math could be off somewhere, but this should be about right.

- Zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized ~22g): 4c | 0g fat | 0g sat fat | 0mg sodium | 0g carb | 0g prot
    - 1/4 cup shredded parmesan: 108c | 29g fat | 4g sat fat | 382mg sodium | 1g carb | 9.5g prot
    - 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs : 65c | 3g fat | 0g sat fat | 0mg sodium | 8g carb | 1g prot
    - 1 tbs olive oil: 120c | 14g fat | 2g sat fat | 0mg sodium | 0g carb | 0g prot
    - 1/4 tsp kosher salt: 0c | 0g fat | 0g sat fat | 480mg sodium | 0g carb | 0g prot

297 calories
    46g fat
    6g saturated fat
    862mg sodium
    9g carb
    10.5g protein
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sounds great!
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sorry about no facts got it off Facebook thought id share
  • HealthyNFit4Life
    HealthyNFit4Life Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mamamalaika
    mamamalaika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ellienana
    Ellienana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I make a variation of these using yellow squash or zucchini. I slice yellow squash and zucchini thin. I put corn meal in a tupperware container, put the slices in, close the container and shake it till they are covered. Then put them on a cookie sheet that I sprayed with Pam. I sprinkle them with salt, pepper, and garlic and then spray with Pam again. Bake at 450 for 20 min or more watching to make sure they don't burn. Hint: You want your slices to be uniform otherwise some will burn and some won't be cooked. Then, flip them over and cook some more. I like mine well done but not burnt. Otherwise they can be soggy. I dip them in ketchup, flavored mustard, etc... As for the calories, Its hard to calculate so I weigh the zucchini ahead of time and estimate how much cornmeal stuck to the chips and then figure out from there.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Thank you for posting!
  • cupcakecutie1985
    cupcakecutie1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i love zucchini! will try these soon!
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • tambam69