new to low carb.... headaches?

Options
13»

Replies

• rayatchie
    rayatchie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    balvis3919 wrote: »
    So I tried to start low carb monday (11-9-15) but failed horribly at the end of the day. Yesterday I was determined and did much better. But at the end of the day I got a migraine and its now 14hrs later and I still jave it- after taking ibuprofen last night and today. So I looked it up and it says thats normal. And that drinking salt water could help. I do not want to drink salt water. So any other suggestions? ??? I drank 17 glasses of water yesterday so I know im not dehydrated, still ate my 1200 calories (barely) and got my workout in but this low carb this is much harder than I thought it would be.... please help!!!!
    I would up your calorie intake. People have a misconception about lowering their calories and achieving weight loss. Your body needs a certain amount of calories in order to run efficiently and especially with being on a high fat low carb diet once in ketosis your body will run much smoother. As far as headaches you will want to drink a significant amount of water and keep up on your electrolytes. Because if you do not drink enough water you become dehydrated and if you drink a lot of water you deplete your electrolytes. I am all for the high fat low carb way of eating. I suggest reading Keto clarity by jimmy Moore very helpful and lots of good info. Good luck and stick with it