Food finds! Post here your new food discoveries - surprisingly low calorie? Low fat? Tell us!!

Options
13»

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    "Ole" brand "Extreme Wellness" High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla Wraps. They are 50 calories each! They used to be 90 but per the package it looks like they've updated their ingredients and lowered the calories quite a bit. I use them a lot now.
    The Ole wraps I saw in WalMart were 90 calories each.Both pkgs sold there were ""Extreme Wellness"

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Halo Top, by far the best low calorie ice cream, 250 calories per pint :D

Don't eat the whole pint. I regretted it. Needless to say my digestive tract felt it.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese ...great for spreading on Melba toast or with veggies
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    ZeXea wrote: »
    Today I found 'Butternut squash soup with apple' from publix deli, its apparently like 250 calories per 8oz?
    HECK YES
    I am very happy :)
    I enjoyed that soup SO.VERY.MUCH. I will be keeping an eye out for it again. However, I wish I knew if there was a canned version so I can have it when I so want.
    Time to google! :)

If you don't find a canned version, you can always can your own...if you want to get into canning. :)
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    "Ole" brand "Extreme Wellness" High Fiber, Low Carb Tortilla Wraps. They are 50 calories each! They used to be 90 but per the package it looks like they've updated their ingredients and lowered the calories quite a bit. I use them a lot now.
    The Ole wraps I saw in WalMart were 90 calories each.Both pkgs sold there were ""Extreme Wellness"

Maybe you didnt get the new and improved ones in your store yet. Like my post stated, the ones i used to buy said 90 calories but now are 50 calories and the package stated "new and improved". And i get mine at Walmart as well.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Explore Asian Black bean pasta
    25g protein for 180 cal

I love this stuff! Tastes just like regular pasta -- it just looks a little weird!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I tried a lovely soup this morning. It is called Soupologie, I bought the spirulina flavour. One portion is just 80 calories.
    I'm going to try the garlic and kale one next time.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Maybe you didnt get the new and improved ones in your store yet. Like my post stated, the ones i used to buy said 90 calories but now are 50 calories and the package stated "new and improved". And i get mine at Walmart as well.

omg for a whole 8 inch wrap?! Must find!
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

omg for a whole 8 inch wrap?! Must find![/quote]

They are smaller. Unfortunately.
  • kathyelizabeth87
    kathyelizabeth87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Such amazing ideas guys! So many things to try!
  • kathyelizabeth87
    kathyelizabeth87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone else? :)
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips. Serving is 25 chips for 120 calories. I am usually good with 1/2 serving. Actually quite good, I have tried the Sea Salt, Cheddar, and Salt and Vinegar. The S&V is my favorite for just eating, prefer the Sea Salt for dipping in guacamole and such.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

We have the 50 calorie version here locally too, I bought some several days ago. Great find.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    Special K cracker chips. Serving is 25 chips for 120 calories. I am usually good with 1/2 serving. Actually quite good, I have tried the Sea Salt, Cheddar, and Salt and Vinegar. The S&V is my favorite for just eating, prefer the Sea Salt for dipping in guacamole and such.

I like the sour cream and onion flavor. They remind me of O Boise chips.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    debtay123 wrote: »
    the Yasso greek yogurt bars are pretty good and low calorie too. Edys slow churned ice creams are usually only 130 calories to 150 calories depending on the flavor you choose and really tasty- ENJOY

I tried yasso, it ended in the trash, honestly. Love Edy's though.

The Yasso bars I tried were awful! The cardboard box it came out of would've tasted better.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Crockpot brussel sprouts. Never really had them before but very filling with fiber and low calorie if you don't load on too much butter or oil.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Proyo...frozen yogurt with protien. Yumm
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Proyo...frozen yogurt with protein. Yumm- where oh where can we buy this?
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Proyo...frozen yogurt with protein. Yumm- where oh where can we buy this?
    http://proyofrozenyogurt.com/where-to-buy/
    you can also make your own from whey protein