should I keep my promise

Options
2»

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Get up leave the room, do something that you enjoy instead (listen to music, read a book, go for a walk, hobby stuff, hang out with friends).
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I agree with increasing your calories. I assume you enjoy having the treats your husband has around (who doesn't???), so make a few fit into your daily goal! It's the best of both worlds because you can still indulge and be eating a bit more calories daily, while working on the "everything in moderation" piece of a better way of eating. No one wants to give up the things they love entirely, and they shouldn't have to. I personally make sure I have room for a dessert like treat every evening. :smile: Good luck!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    I'm generally of the opinion that your spouse shouldn't change their eating habits just because you do, but in this case it appears to be a bit insensitive of your husband to do that knowing that the promise was made to HIS father. I'm not saying your husband should stop eating those things, but I think he could do it out of sight.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Death bed or not, manipulation is not the best motivator. I hope you want to lose weight too. Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight and when there is no more wiggle room in the calorie allowance that day, review the list. I think support makes all the difference, surround yourself with supportive people. Ask your husband for help, he may be willing to keep snacks that are more difficult for you to resist out or your sight or choose ones that are less appealing to you. I have an active teen aged son who can eat more calorie dense items. He helps me by keeping things in the cupboard or closet that I do not want to eat but are tempting to me. Another trick I use is to ask him to give me just one bite or small portion and he eats the rest. I savor my small part and then I am good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Until you decide to do it for yourself, honestly, it will never stick.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Make a promise to yourself.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    HUGS you can do it.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    On so many different levels, keeping your promise is the right thing to do. For the memory of your Father-in-Law, for your own physical well being and, for your mental and spiritual well being it's the right thing to do.