1 year and 50 pounds later...

Options
lisavirani
lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
...this big cheesy smile is well deserved.

It's been a year to date that I've been on the journey to a better me. I am thrilled with everything I have learned and accomplished in a year. I can not wait to scratch off more goals on my list!

To toot my own horn a little bit (thats what MFP is for right?;) I lost the 50 pounds in 8 months time, and have been the same weight since then (February) but I am trying to improve my endurance, strength and knowledge now. I still have a few more pounds until my "goal weight" but I've learned to be patient and whenever it comes off, it comes off.

I want to keep this short and sweet, but here are a few things that kept me going and helped me with my successful 365 days.
- seeing other people's success and wanting my own "before and after photo"
- taking progress photos and measurements along with weight
- family and friends jumping on board after me and helping them with this journey
- netfix documentaries and many articles online to educate me about healthy living
- elimination of most processed foods and "food" pretending to be food, ha. Stick to the basics: veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, meat, eggs.
- waking up in the morning and getting moving will wake you up, so do it!
- set goal dates. they will give you a deadline to work towards

I'm always open to new encouraging friends and/or those who need some encouragement back. Thanks for reading!

9134851783_3a693567d3.jpg

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    ^AMAZING JOB :)

eta: i tried to fix your pic but realized by the time i was done (and still hadn't fixed it), you had already done so :)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're an inspiration:)
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ^AMAZING JOB :)

eta: i tried to fix your pic but realized by the time i was done (and still hadn't fixed it), you had already done so :)

Thanks, it took me a few tries :-p
  • amychantel
    amychantel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! :)
  • NWSAVE
    NWSAVE Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yay!! You look amazing!! Such a beauty! Now with a slim, trim bod to go along with it! So happy for you, my friend!
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. You look beautiful! Thanks for posting your before & after photos as this is very inspirational! I'm just over a third of the way to my goal and find myself in a bit of a slump, so your advice is very helpful. Patience....................
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Excuse me. Aren't side by side pictures supposed to be of the same person?
    :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! This is such an inspiration for me, and thanks for listing the things that helped you reach your goal!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I want to look like your before picture. :)

Great job on losing and working on endurance and the such. You're a great inspiration.
  • fighting4life
    Options
    Awesome job! You're inspiration for me to meet my "before and after" pics!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    You look like you're 15 now (LOL!) Jokes aside, you look incredible. Congrats.
  • FoxxC
    FoxxC Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Way to go. I appreciate your tips. :drinker:
  • tia582
    tia582 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm sure you feel it too! Congrats is well deserved! I am new to MPF and ready to change my life!
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You've had a great year! Way to go!! :smile: :smile:
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    amazing,amazing amazin, you look brill well done
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I know people tend to look younger in these after pics, but you could just about pass as your own child. Please, don't take that the wrong way. You look good, but wow that's a dramatic difference.
  • starfish1783
    starfish1783 Posts: 120
    Options
    Fantastic job - you look amazing! And that big cheesy smile is definitely well deserved. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well done sweetie! This has madse my morning because as I sit here sipping my coffee..I wa pondring about the 50 pounds I need to lose. This post just reminded me that it is totaly possible. Thank you!
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    on the left: Mom
    on the right: daughter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!