Fasted HIIT for ultimate weightloss...yay or nay...?

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Personally I'm unconvinced BCAAs are worthwhile - most of the people touting them are very lean, very muscular and doing weights extremely hard looking for that final few percentage points of progress. Do wonder how fast they are digested so taking them before seems a bit unlikely to make a difference to me. But doubt they will have any negative impact either.

Your comment about being a beginner does worry me though. A two stone overweight beginner going straight to very intense exercise could be a recipe for injury. Are you sure you don't want to build a foundation of fitness first? Listen to your body and recognise the difference between soreness and pain. Best of luck - Sláinte.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I think it really comes down to how you hold your food down if you eat first. Personally I don't like much food at all before anything higher in intensity. I can eat a protein bar or something small if I do it out a good 30 minutes or hour before I start, anything more than that the food slows me down more than it fuels me.