Breakfast

Options
chrisfuentes2005
chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
Any one have good breakfast ideas and good way to get your portein in the morning.

Replies

• prairieprana
    prairieprana Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My newest breakfast obsession (which is heavy on the protein) is homemade refried beans on top of scrambled eggs. YUM!
  • SharonDenzien
    SharonDenzien Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Frittatas made in muffin cups. Easy to heat in microwave. Lots of veggies and use egg whites. Good protein and veggies, yum!
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Egg whites 2servings, 50 cal. 1 regular egg 70 cal. 1piece of Canadian bacon 20 cal. All micro waved together. 1 or 2 pieces of Sara Lee 45 cal. bread toasted. Salsa on top 10 to 20 cal. 185-230 cal total, good protein.
  • bj5texas
    bj5texas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Low Fat Cottage Cheese 1/2 Cup 14g of protein. I like it w/ pineapple.

• chrisfuentes2005
    Options
    Thanks
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with anything. I add berries in there too even though they aren't protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    eggs
  • chrisfuentes2005
    Options
    quote="flatlandrunning;34594716"]My newest breakfast obsession (which is heavy on the protein) is homemade refried beans on top of scrambled eggs. YUM! [/quote]

Where did you get the homemade beans recipe at.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    A nice omelette, add some ham for extra protein. Put some PB on toast if I am real hungry. Cottage cheese and yogurt with added protein powder. Those are my go-to breakfasts.
  • SikadeM
    SikadeM Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely frittatas made in muffin pan (broccoli, spinach, peppers, red onion, chillies, ham/bacon top with egg whites) and bake for 20 mins. There you go, breakfast for the whole week.
  • allykat0320
    allykat0320 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    love the weight watchers recipe for mini zucchini quiches- not sure if I am allowed to post it here but you can find it if you google it.
  • martinf603
    martinf603 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have anything quick that you can make, as I'm up at 5 for work??
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    martinf603 wrote: »

I am up at five or even earlier. But I'm an incorrigible morning person. The trick is to prepare the night before. That opens up all the suggestions above. Now that it is winter, once a week I make up a big batch of steel-cut oats the night before, and keep it in mason jars. I eat it in the morning with blueberries and Greek yogurt. I microwave the cooked oats to warm them.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I made Mexican baked eggs SO GOOD, just google for the recipe
  • ceva034
    ceva034 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oats and protein powder, topped with fruit. Takes 3 minutes to make max, and it keeps me going all day :)
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothie!
    Almond milk/coconut milk/regular milk, scoop of protein powder, half a frozen banana or frozen berries, flaxseed or chia seeds or LSA and kefir or yogurt (for the probiotic aspect)... PLUS you could add peanut butter, or cinnamon or cacao powder!
  • stefankruithof
    stefankruithof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning. It has 600 kcal, 53g protein and 12g fibre.

0gvj6w4wscxd.jpg

The protein comes mostly from 500 grams of quark, which offers 45 grams of protein for just 250 kcal. My other ingredients are an apple, bran flakes, and unsalted peanuts.
  • stefankruithof
    stefankruithof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ...and a similar breakfast from earlier this week, in which I substituted the quark for skim yoghurt, and the apple for a banana. Totals here add up to 660 kcal, 54g protein, 8g fibre.

o3teqmxafun5.jpg

The yoghurt, like the quark, contains 45 grams of protein, but you'd need to eat twice as much to get that high a number and that costs slightly more calories.
  • abertrand87
    abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    martinf603 wrote: »

i always fry my two eggs the night before and just have to make the toast in the morning