Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast

2»

Replies

• tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    martinf603 wrote: »
    Does anyone have anything quick that you can make, as I'm up at 5 for work??

protein shake, smoothie, hard boil some eggs night before, instant cream of wheat.
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    I love all the ideas I was just thinking of way to change up my breakfast because I am tired of eating the same boring shredded wheat 1 serving with 1/2 cup of skim milk! I seen some protein powder on a clearance shelf in a local drug store was thinking about getting it next time I go there if someone else has not bought it yet.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I third the crustless quiche/frittata. Make it once, eat all week.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    I am sorry maybe i missed it but how do you make the quiche/frittata, or where can i get it... I am interested.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Frittata, it's all about the cooking. For both quiche and frittata, use any vegetables on hand.

http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/common-mistakes/article/frittata-common-mistakes

Here's a crustless quiche, here called a mini-omelet.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/broccoli-and-cheese-mini-egg-omelets-2.html
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    I am sorry maybe i missed it but how do you make the quiche/frittata, or where can i get it... I am interested.

I have a basic recipe and just switch up my ingredients.

Cook 4 slices of chopped center cut bacon until crispy, remove and keep the bacon fat. Add your veggies and cook until soft. A lot of veggies - I add around 8-10oz of veggies depending on what mixture I want. Remove from heat. Beat 4 eggs, 4 egg whites (3/4 cup liquid egg whites), 1/4 cup skim milk and salt and pepper. Add all of your veggies, egg mixture, and bacon to a parchment lined cake pan, add raw tomatoes and/or scallion and bake at 400 for about 20 mins (sometimes a little over) until set. I love the bacon in it, but have made it with soyrizo, apple chicken sausage, turkey sausage, etc. My absolute favorites are:
    bacon, mushroom, kale, scallion, tomato
    bacon, cabbage, scallion
    bacon, spinach, tomato

They come out to between 140-150 for 1/4 of the pan. I cut it into quarters, then keep it in the fridge still in the pan. In the morning, I take out 1/4, slice that in half and microwave it for 2 minutes.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Thanks everyone
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    that sounds wonderful! thank you - I am going to try it.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Must try frittata, some great ideas on here. I love egg whites whipped with sliced or chopped red, yellow and orange peppers on top. Use tsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the whipped egg whites and top with peppers. Once the underneath is cooked put under the grill to brown slightly.