Cruelty!

Options
So my husband works until 11pm and he came home (after I had eaten and maxed out my calories) and he's making tacos! Freaking tacos are deliciously smelling up the entire house. My stomach is rumbling and I am trying to not eat my phone in a desperate attempt to not gobble down all the tacos!

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    So my husband works until 11pm and he came home (after I had eaten and maxed out my calories) and he's making tacos! Freaking tacos are deliciously smelling up the entire house. My stomach is rumbling and I am trying to not eat my phone in a desperate attempt to not gobble down all the tacos!

So make a taco salad! Load up on lettuce, tomatoes, some of the meat, a bit of cheese, weigh everything with your food scale, and make it work! For a lower calorie dressing you can blend a bit of sour cream with some salsa in your blender.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    have a couple of them. If you go over a few hundred calories you can fix that in the next few days. I went over a few hundred calories a couple days ago and didnt even notice a difference.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »
    have a couple of them. If you go over a few hundred calories you can fix that in the next few days. I went over a few hundred calories a couple days ago and didnt even notice a difference.

Says the perfectly sculpted male specimen. For me a couple hundred calories will instantly show on my hips lol. Plus I was bad last week and went over 2 days and lost zero zero zero and darn it I will lose this week!
  • blkandwhite77
    Options

So make a taco salad! Load up on lettuce, tomatoes, some of the meat, a bit of cheese, weigh everything with your food scale, and make it work! For a lower calorie dressing you can blend a bit of sour cream with some salsa in your blender.

I have no calories left for today and with only 1200 calories a day I don't want to take away from calories tomorrow or I will be in same boat tomorrow lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I have no calories left for today and with only 1200 calories a day I don't want to take away from calories tomorrow or I will be in same boat tomorrow lol

Unless you are really short and really sedentary that's a stupid minimum...do the taco salad thing
  • blankiefinder
    Options

How big of a deficit are you trying to have? It looks like you've lost a lot of weight and are getting closer to your goal, you could consider slowing down your rate of loss to 1 pound per week maybe, to have a few more calories to play with?
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    I'm really sedentary not short 38 and it's what MFP set for me to lose 2lbs a week and I'm 64lbs overweight so no it's not
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    betuel75 wrote: »

Says the perfectly sculpted male specimen. For me a couple hundred calories will instantly show on my hips lol.

If that happens, it's probably sodium causing you to retain water.
    Plus I was bad last week and went over 2 days and lost zero zero zero and darn it I will lose this week!

Just start over.

You really can lose weight by eating more than 1200 - you just have to trust the process. And be consistent. But it's much easier to be consistent when you're not starving or suffering. So eating more is MORE likely to lead to success, right? Right.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    I'm really sedentary not short 38 and it's what MFP set for me to lose 2lbs a week and I'm 64lbs overweight so no it's not

Ah, I just went by your profile that says 23 pounds to goal, that makes more sense.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

1200 a day? What is your height and weight? That's awfully low.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options

How big of a deficit are you trying to have? It looks like you've lost a lot of weight and are getting closer to your goal, you could consider slowing down your rate of loss to 1 pound per week maybe, to have a few more calories to play with?

Ive lost a lot yes 71lbs!!! Yea!!! But sadly still have 64 pounds to go :) I stole 2 bites of his taco and it's helped curve the really bad desire for it. Thank you though :)

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

Losing 71lbs is amazing ...you could aim for dropping the rate now to 1.5 if you wished / need more calories

I only stuck to 2lb a week for a couple of months ..lost most on 0.5-1lb a week
  • Orphia
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

1200 a day? What is your height and weight? That's awfully low.

• blkandwhite77
    Options

are you not able to exercise?

Sure and I normally do 4x a week but this weeks been crazy with kids activities (I have 6) and my graduate studies I do at night after kids go to bed so I haven't gotten in as much this week as normal
  • Orphia
    Options
    If you've got 64 lbs to go there is no way you should be on 1200 calories a day.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    If you've got 64 lbs to go there is no way you should be on 1200 calories a day.

Tell that to MFP and so far on 1200 I've been losing 1.5-2lbs a week so sounds about right to me. And yes I weigh everything in grams and I only measure liquid in cups. Shoot I even logged the one he's one starburst I ate today darn 20 calorie bite of goodness

• blkandwhite77
    Options
    No I have 64 pounds left to lose. I'm 214 now I started at 285 and 150 is my goal. Normally I'm not crazy hungry but the taco smell dos me in
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Tell that to MFP and so far on 1200 I've been losing 1.5-2lbs a week so sounds about right to me. And yes I weigh everything in grams and I only measure liquid in cups. Shoot I even logged the one he's one starburst I ate today darn 20 calorie bite of goodness

You're losing quickly because you're not eating any cals back? How will this work when you jump up to maintance when you reach goal? That's a huge jump from 1200
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

Losing 71lbs is amazing ...you could aim for dropping the rate now to 1.5 if you wished / need more calories

I only stuck to 2lb a week for a couple of months ..lost most on 0.5-1lb a week

I'm 5'7-5'8 depends which measuring tape I listen too and like I said I normally am

• Orphia
    Options

But how tall are you?