Cruelty!

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    No I have 64 pounds left to lose. I'm 214 now I started at 285 and 150 is my goal. Normally I'm not crazy hungry but the taco smell dos me in

Oh, sorry I misunderstood :)
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    losing 2 lbs a week is pretty much insane. if u read from the veterans that is straight unsustainable that means u have to eat in deficit 7000 cals a week.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    No I have 64 pounds left to lose. I'm 214 now I started at 285 and 150 is my goal. Normally I'm not crazy hungry but the taco smell dos me in

Oh, sorry I misunderstood :)

No problem. I meant this post as a silly rant but apparently some didn't get my sarcasm via online :)

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm really sedentary not short 38 and it's what MFP set for me to lose 2lbs a week and I'm 64lbs overweight so no it's not

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

Losing 71lbs is amazing ...you could aim for dropping the rate now to 1.5 if you wished / need more calories

I only stuck to 2lb a week for a couple of months ..lost most on 0.5-1lb a week

I'm 5'7-5'8 depends which measuring tape I listen too and like I said I normally am

I'm 5'8

I personally believe 1200 is stupidly restrictive at that height

But your decision

• blkandwhite77
    Options
    I'm really sedentary not short 38 and it's what MFP set for me to lose 2lbs a week and I'm 64lbs overweight so no it's not

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

Losing 71lbs is amazing ...you could aim for dropping the rate now to 1.5 if you wished / need more calories

I'm 5'7-5'8 depends which measuring tape I listen too and like I said I normally am

I'm 5'8

But your decision

Normally it's fine (especially since I forget to eat until kiddies go to bed lol) tacos are a weakness though. Once I hit overweight status and am no longer obese I will adjust to less weight loss goal per week and lose at a slower rate

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you have 64 pounds to lose, you certainly can choose to aim for the 2 lb per week loss rate, but let me tell you a cautionary tale...

I am 5'7 (I'm shrinking :s ). If memory serves, @rabbitjb is 5'8. I lost at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. Rabbit lost at .5-1 lbs per week. In the end, Rabbit weighs around 20 pounds more than me, I believe, and is around 2 sizes smaller than me, and gets I think around 300 calories more than I do, in maintenance. Why? Because she maintained more muscle mass, and did more strength training while losing.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    Yea I'm hoping to start introducing more weight training as I normally focus on cardio to get back extra calories! But I love the pics of those who have done weight training as a focus. Hubby is going to help me figure out the machines as they scare me. I have had back issues and don't want to hurt myself utilizing the machines incorrectly
  • Sued0nim
    Options

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

I'm 5'8

But your decision

Normally it's fine (especially since I forget to eat until kiddies go to bed lol) tacos are a weakness though. Once I hit overweight status and am no longer obese I will adjust to less weight loss goal per week and lose at a slower rate

Sorry I didn't mean emotionally but physically

It's so much focus to get nutritional balance right at that level and allow for life

Good luck
  • blkandwhite77
    Options

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

I'm 5'8

But your decision

It's so much focus to get nutritional balance right at that level and allow for life

Good luck

My doctor has been super impressed with all my physical changes and health so I'm not concerned. Plus darn it physically I've not felt this great since I was 25 lol :)

• Sued0nim
    Options
    If you have 64 pounds to lose, you certainly can choose to aim for the 2 lb per week loss rate, but let me tell you a cautionary tale...

I am 5'7 (I'm shrinking :s ). If memory serves, @rabbitjb is 5'8. I lost at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. Rabbit lost at .5-1 lbs per week. In the end, Rabbit weighs around 20 pounds more than me, I believe, and is around 2 sizes smaller than me, and gets I think around 300 calories more than I do, in maintenance. Why? Because she maintained more muscle mass, and did more strength training while losing.

Weights for the win

*snoopyhappydance

(Sorry ...it's rare I do the right thing ;))
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Put some meat and fixings in a container and plan to have it for lunch or dinner tomorrow when you have calories to play with...just an idea
  • Sued0nim
    Options

How tall are you

Be less sedentary

I'm 5'8

But your decision

Good luck

My doctor has been super impressed with all my physical changes and health so I'm not concerned. Plus darn it physically I've not felt this great since I was 25 lol :)

71lbs lost is awesome..I'm not surprised your doc is happy
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    omg! i love that thanks for sharing

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If you weigh 64 lbs above the middle of the healthy BMI range for your height, your BMR is over 1500 calories a day if you do no exercise at all.

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

You are most likely undereating quite badly.

• blkandwhite77
    Options

Ah, I just went by your profile that says 23 pounds to goal, that makes more sense.

Ah, I just went by your profile that says 23 pounds to goal, that makes more sense.

23 is my mini goal to get to "overweight" BMI and out of obese BMI :)

• blkandwhite77
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    If you've got 64 lbs to go there is no way you should be on 1200 calories a day.

Tell that to MFP and so far on 1200 I've been losing 1.5-2lbs a week so sounds about right to me. And yes I weigh everything in grams and I only measure liquid in cups. Shoot I even logged the one he's one starburst I ate today darn 20 calorie bite of goodness

You're losing quickly because you're not eating any cals back? How will this work when you jump up to maintance when you reach goal? That's a huge jump from 1200

How am I not eating calories back? When I exercise I do eat back those calories. However, being a sahm I'm normally pretty sedentary most days with light household duties. If I do a major cleaning (like last week I shampoos all the carpets and washed all the walls) so I logged those as exercise and ate those calories back.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    If you weigh 64 lbs above the middle of the healthy BMI range for your height, your BMR is over 1500 calories a day if you do no exercise at all.

I'm 64 lbs over just barely being in the healthy BMI range. 150 would put me at a BMI of 23.49 so the Very top of the healthy BMI range. I'm considered obese right now at 33.51 BMI

MFP calculated my calories at sedentary+my weight age height etc and set it at 1200 and I still struggle to hit 2lbs if my lucky for a loss a week. Like it took me 2 weeks to lose the last 2 pounds and so forth. 1200 calories normally doesn't fill low to me. Only on days where I chose to eat high calorie foods instead of low calorie foods that I can eat bigger portions of.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

I'm 64 lbs over just barely being in the healthy BMI range. 150 would put me at a BMI of 23.49 so the Very top of the healthy BMI range. I'm considered obese right now at 33.51 BMI

MFP calculated my calories at sedentary+my weight age height etc and set it at 1200 and I still struggle to hit 2lbs if my lucky for a loss a week. Like it took me 2 weeks to lose the last 2 pounds and so forth. 1200 calories normally doesn't fill low to me. Only on days where I chose to eat high calorie foods instead of low calorie foods that I can eat bigger portions of.

There must be some mistake, unless you're like 80 years old or something. Are you sure you didn't enter the 1200 limit manually?

Try resetting your goals. Change your weekly goal to 1.5 lbs or less.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • blkandwhite77
    Options

There must be some mistake, unless you're like 80 years old or something. Are you sure you didn't enter the 1200 limit manually?

Here are pics of my goals and what MFP allows with those goals. 2lbs a week is 1200 and 1.5lbs a week is 1350 ooxpm51w5xqm.png
    a9z0wcnmcosl.png
    9n2aqe6ymhto.png
    wy95fl68v6do.png
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Here are pics of my goals and what MFP allows with those goals. 2lbs a week is 1200 and 1.5lbs a week is 1350 ooxpm51w5xqm.png
    a9z0wcnmcosl.png
    9n2aqe6ymhto.png
    wy95fl68v6do.png

yup I would agree I'm 5'7 and for me losing 1kg a week mfp sets my calorie goal to 1390 and I'm set to active because I have an active job.

Good for you that you've managed to curb the taco cravings with a couple of bites I'm not sure I could have been as disciplined with my favorite food.