P90X 1 round & Body Beast 1 round

Options

Replies

• jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love your transformation. I've done a round of P90x two years ago and have finished a round of Insanity a few months ago. I'm doing Hybrid of both right now.

I've never heard of Body Beast. Is it much harder than P90x. I'm not exactly the strongest person out there right now. Would you recommend it?

Congratulations again!!! You have done so well!!!

I'd definitely recommend it, but it depends what your goals are and what workouts you enjoy. If you like the lifting aspect of P90X you can't go wrong with body beast because it is 95% lifting. If you prefer insanity over p90x then body beast is probably not for you, but it may be good with a body beast/insanity hybrid, but body beast is for gaining muscle(girls don't gain as much as I see those topics on here all day). You could obviously find all the moves online and just workout without the video, but I think the dvds help especially during your 1st round.

As for if it is harder than P90X. The programs aren't really apples to apples per say. Body Beast is much more dumbbell based where as p90x is mostly pushups/pullups with dumbbells for shoulders and arms. You'd definitely make some strength gains and workout some different muscles than you would with p90x. If you've done p90x & insanity I don't think body beast would be too hard. It is challenging, but you aren't going to be so sore like the 1st time you did p90x as you have a good fitness foundation now.
  • jrompola
    Options
    I've done Insanity on it's own and am now on week 9 of the P90X / Insanity hybrid. I did my first Body Beast workout last night (the cardio one) and it was AWESOME...I've got to get that program. Congrats on your success - I'm glad you finally posted it here on the MFP community boards!

Yeah some people knock the body beast cardio, but its like any other workout...it just depends on the effort and intensity you give. It can be just as hard as insanity depending on how low you go in some moves or how high you jump. Like I mentioned in the above post if you like the lifting aspect of p90x body beast would definitely be for you.
  • kshanika
    kshanika Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress thanks for sharing!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love your transformation. I've done a round of P90x two years ago and have finished a round of Insanity a few months ago. I'm doing Hybrid of both right now.

I've never heard of Body Beast. Is it much harder than P90x. I'm not exactly the strongest person out there right now. Would you recommend it?

Congratulations again!!! You have done so well!!!

I'd definitely recommend it, but it depends what your goals are and what workouts you enjoy. If you like the lifting aspect of P90X you can't go wrong with body beast because it is 95% lifting. If you prefer insanity over p90x then body beast is probably not for you, but it may be good with a body beast/insanity hybrid, but body beast is for gaining muscle(girls don't gain as much as I see those topics on here all day). You could obviously find all the moves online and just workout without the video, but I think the dvds help especially during your 1st round.

As for if it is harder than P90X. The programs aren't really apples to apples per say. Body Beast is much more dumbbell based where as p90x is mostly pushups/pullups with dumbbells for shoulders and arms. You'd definitely make some strength gains and workout some different muscles than you would with p90x. If you've done p90x & insanity I don't think body beast would be too hard. It is challenging, but you aren't going to be so sore like the 1st time you did p90x as you have a good fitness foundation now.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I want muscles,that's the goal. I want to be strong and have definition. I like cardio,I love insanity,but I love lifting that much more. I hope to be able to do pull ups again like I did after doing P90x. I was looking for something more focused on weights after finishing my hybrid. You've just totally sold me on it. Is it a Beachbody program? Looks like I'll be saving up my pennies. Luckily enough I already have the dumbbells :)

Appreciate you sharing your story on here dude,it's great to hear sound advice especially when it comes to building more muscle!
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! I did 1.5 rounds of P90x last year before being sidelined with multiple repetitive stress injuries. Loved the results from P90x but agree that the cardio was lacking. Will have to check out the body beast program - I do best with a structured program.

Keep up the great work!
  • jrompola
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I want muscles,that's the goal. I want to be strong and have definition. I like cardio,I love insanity,but I love lifting that much more. I hope to be able to do pull ups again like I did after doing P90x. I was looking for something more focused on weights after finishing my hybrid. You've just totally sold me on it. Is it a Beachbody program? Looks like I'll be saving up my pennies. Luckily enough I already have the dumbbells :)

Appreciate you sharing your story on here dude,it's great to hear sound advice especially when it comes to building more muscle!

It is a beachbody program. The trainer is Sagi Kalev and it is a guy mentality workout the way they talk and slap hands..etc. Women have had some great results from what I've seen on youtube and other sites. Only other thing you would need besides dumbbells is a stability ball or a bench. You can find a stability for under $50 online or a workout bench on Craigslist though WalMart has a decent one for around $50.

The workouts are shorter than p90x and average 28-45 minutes, so I def like that aspect of it.
  • jrompola
    Options
    Amazing transformation! I did 1.5 rounds of P90x last year before being sidelined with multiple repetitive stress injuries. Loved the results from P90x but agree that the cardio was lacking. Will have to check out the body beast program - I do best with a structured program.

Keep up the great work!

I did p90x 4.5 years ago and then quit till December 2012. I was at the top and then just quit...I dunno what was wrong with me. I had no injury. I just took a week off, then a month, and then 4 years off. I'm definitely staying accountable this time.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    DUDE... ROCK ON with your bad self!!! As a fellow Beachbody *kitten* (don't mind my words, lol) and coach, I think you're doing AWESOME!!!
  • jrompola
    Options
    DUDE... ROCK ON with your bad self!!! As a fellow Beachbody *kitten* (don't mind my words, lol) and coach, I think you're doing AWESOME!!!

Thanks. I was a bit skeptical to post because there is some serious beachbody bashing on these sites especially "coaches". I have a day job and my wife works and I am extremely comfortable doing what I'm doing and we have an awesome life. Like any industry you have the people who are awesome and you have those who are scumbags. I just want people to see it is possible and there are so many examples of that online one of which appears to be you!! I love the I want to look 30 when I'm 50 line in your bio. I use that with my wife all the time especially since we were just on a cruise. Do you want to be able to enjoy retirement or do you want to be able to barely move and get winded doing the simple things. That's prob the number 1 reason I workout is because I want to be healthy my whole life.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    Agree 100%. Beachbody programs are harder than any other workout I have ever done. I completed p90x, turbofire, insanity twice, and body beast twice. about to start t25 next week. Gym machines are boring and just don't transform my body like BB has.

Are you a coach?

I cannot believe people bash such an amazing company that cares so deeply about ending the trend of obesity. It's sad.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!
  • jrompola
    Options
    Agree 100%. Beachbody programs are harder than any other workout I have ever done. I completed p90x, turbofire, insanity twice, and body beast twice. about to start t25 next week. Gym machines are boring and just don't transform my body like BB has.

Are you a coach?

I cannot believe people bash such an amazing company that cares so deeply about ending the trend of obesity. It's sad.

I am solely for the discount on things I purchased. I'm not looking to actually coach people. Maybe in the future, but personally I do not have the time as I do so many things outside of my day job. I play in a baseball league, tennis league, softball league, and I golf and I still have to find time to hangout with family and friends.

I don't want this turn into a beachbody is good vs beachbody is bad thread, so I'm not giving my opinion other than beachbody like any other fitness company is a company and companies for the most part want to make a profit.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    great transformation Look at them abs!! how tall are you just curious?? and what is the largest you ever blew up??
    Thanks for inspiring me today!
    Best from NYC
    Kristian Rocco
  • jrompola
    Options
    great transformation Look at them abs!! how tall are you just curious?? and what is the largest you ever blew up??
    Thanks for inspiring me today!
    Best from NYC
    Kristian Rocco

I'm 5'8 and 3/4, so I just say 5'9 :) I'm 29 years old. Biggest I ever weighed was 220lbs which was the morning of Dec 10th, 2012 which was after a long weekend in Pittsburgh watching the Steelers get blown out by the Chargers. Kind of my last weekend of eating garbage and drinking excessively. Primanti's and some iron cities. Over the past 4-5 years I bounced around from 185-210 by working out for a few weeks and stopping and starting over, etc. I never truly focused on diet. This time I focused on the nutrition and that was the turning point. I actually felt like I had energy because I was eating the right things where as other times I just always felt too tired and unmotivated.

I watched youtube transformation videos nonstop, got involved in facebook accountability groups, tracked all my food on here, and told numerous people of my change so I felt like I had something to prove bc they'd be waiting for me to fail. I know they weren't, but that's what I thought to help me stay motivated. Now it is hard to take a rest day.
  • Kellyfromvegas
    Options
    Great Job! Love the abs :)
  • jrompola
    Options
    Great Job! Love the abs :)

Thanks...sometimes I don't think they're real!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Like they say its 80-90% of your results. I really think I would have lost weight just by what I ate....I wouldn't be as muscular which was the look I was going for, but you can workout non-stop and if you eat like garbage your results will be minimal if anything and I think the majority of MFP users know that, but a lot still struggle on what to eat.

I agree, unfortunately knowing it and doing it are two different things.

I was thinking of just downloading the nutrition guide for body beast and just doing my own lifting.

but i must say i've never gotten any better results then when i do beach body programs.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

Are you a coach?

I'm with you 100% that the actual workout programs put out by beach body are probably the best available dvd workouts by far.

I think the dvds themselves are probably the cheapest possible discs and i've had a lot of issues with them.

but the only thing i really don't like about the company is the amway like coach aspect. not that is really that big an issue, you just have to turn people down a lot when they ask you to be a coach lol.

I do like the idea of helping others achieve thier goals, i just figure they would take me more serriously if there wasn't some potential financial incentive for me, but maybe its really the other way around.
  • jrompola
    Options
    I do like the idea of helping others achieve thier goals, i just figure they would take me more serriously if there wasn't some potential financial incentive for me, but maybe its really the other way around.

Again just wanted to point out this is not the reason I posted these pics. I could care less what workouts people do....You can do jillian, you can do crossit, ck25 or whatever that is, bodybuilding.com workouts, or youtube workouts. They all work. I just wanted to show people along with many others who have posted their own success story that there is not 1 way to do it. My way worked for me, but other people may not want to do p90x or body beast and they prefer to just run. I'm a bit biased because I have seen 1st hand what these programs have done for me, but I used to just lift on my own and run and I got some good results 12 years ago, but nothing like today but that's solely because I did not go 100% on nutrition like now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!