have you ever ate/drank over your calorie intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I go over my daily calories at least a couple of times a week - but not far over, rarely more than a few hundred at most, usually much less.
    Other days I go under my daily calorie goal, by similar amounts.

Nearly every week if evens out and my weekly calories are at or under the limit.

Every now and then, Christmas etc, the week is well over - but only very occasionally.

This doesn't undo my progress and have maintained for 2 years going this.

It is the average that counts - not the exactness of every single day.

Makes sense. Our bodies don't work on a strict 24 hour clock. It's kind of unreasonable to expect our eating to.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    no, cause that will trigger back old habits

How long have you been doing this Patrikc? And you never go over your daily calories at all ? Not even by a few calories?

Good luck if that works for you - far too prescriptive for me, especially in the long run.

since when I started in April 2014

never over, the only thing I don't log are chewing gums (~18 cal if I eat a packet), sugar free sweets (around 30 cals) and parmesan (around 25 cal, I use like 3 grams), and I always save ~120cal per day to make sure the above is covered (if I have some, wish I could have packets of sweets every day :smile: )

it is very prescriptive, but I know that if I allow some degree of freedom once, I'll be back to old habit

wish I could find an equilibrium, but this is simply me so I stick to it

I work out a lot btw and that allows me lots of calories per day anyway, so I have everything I want, a dessert every day and so on, and this compensates the rigidity of my plan
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,095 Member
    Options
    Ok, if that works for you, that's good.

It's not an approach that would work for me but that's ok.
  • cheesyP
    cheesyP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Out go over a few times a week and still manage to lose ?? How?
    I go over my daily calories at least a couple of times a week - but not far over, rarely more than a few hundred at most, usually much less.

Nearly every week if evens out and my weekly calories are at or under the li

Every now and then, Christmas etc, the week is well over - but only very occasionally.

• jammers1976
    jammers1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, at least once a week. I eat foods that I like because this is a lifetime thing for me, not a quick fix. I know that sometimes, I'll eat more other times I eat less. The key for me is to not freak out and give up. I am brutally honest with myself in my food diary. (Look at my Friday logging if you doubt that.) The next day, eat right and keep moving forward. I'm not focused on weight loss right now, just recomp so the number on the scale is moving slow but I keep dropping inches so it's working. I also pre-log when I can so I have a plan in place ahead of time. That helps me stay on track.

I like that you PRELOG your food. I often just walk to the frig and stare. When I have a plan for the day, I do much better. That is why the work week is generally much better for me. I have a schedule. On the weekends, I am much more off task.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    cheesyP wrote: »

Because it's about a net calorie deficit over the course of time that results in weight loss, not the status of individual days. I bank a couple hundred calories often during the week, so that I have extra calories for the weekend. Even when in weight loss mode (I'm now in maintenance), there were times I was over my weekly goal and still lost because that weekly goal had say a 3,500 cal deficit built in, so even if I was over by 1,500 for the week, I would still lose 0.5lbs.

Really you've never gone over your calorie goal a single time? That seems... Rigid.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I stole this from Biglifter..

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. When you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That is how change occurs." I thought - yes!!! This just resonated with me. When you know you've made the changes you need to make, and carry that with you every day.... it does come down to the effort. You truly do get out of it what you put into it. Sometimes that even means taking a good hard, honest look at your own efforts. My main goal this year has been to conduct my workouts so that they stand up to the question - Did I do my best and give it my all? Every workout - that is my goal. Some days fall a little short....but 90% of the time, I've given it my all. They say it's what you do with 80 -90 percent of your time that makes the difference....kind of like the nutritional aspect as well.... you can relax and have fun here and there. If you are on point with 80-90 percent of the time....you will see the change/results!

Sundays and Tuesdays I'm close to 1200 calories I just work so much I can't eat that much but I can assure you on Monday and Wednesdays I PIG OUT!!! I have been at Maintenance for 5 months with no issues!!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I go over sometimes...
    I, for the most part, average over the week and use a weekly goal. Sometimes I go over even that. Maintained my weight for several years at this point eating like this.

o1wokr530f10.png
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,095 Member
    Options
    cheesyP wrote: »

How??

Because, as I explained in my post, my days of going over are balanced by days of going under and weekly amount is still at or below goal.

Re read my last sentence: it is the average that counts not the exactness of every single day.