How do you forgive bad people?

Options
violetjin123
violetjin123 Posts: 7 Member
Ok. This is just a random question. How do you forgive some people who are mean to you? What can you do to let it go and not be bother by it?

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Perform a seance
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I don't ......
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I realize that they're probably being mean because of something in their own life they are unhappy with, and then I feel for them that they are so miserable that they have to act out as such.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I generally decide that they don't deserve to rent space in my head and focus my energy elsewhere. I'm big on letting ish go, but not forgetting who has burned me in the past.
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I hold grudges..for years lol
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    First of all, did they ask for forgiveness? If they didn't, then don't worry about it. That being said, forgiveness is about you and not the person who wronged you. YOU are the one who lives with a grudge not them. If you can live with that then go ahead. If you can't, then forgive.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    If they're mean to you give them a little "library reading" to let them know that they're nothing special. I guess it depends on what level of meanness you're talking about since there's a bunch of different
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I don't. I send them to the corn field.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Spank them..........hard, then kiss and make up. Truthfully, I forgive and move on....
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Forgiveness is about you, not them.
  • Omar_Apocrypha
    Omar_Apocrypha Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    i forgive but not forget
  • mer1cose
    mer1cose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your energy on it. Forgive and move on.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't say I hold a grudge per se...I just put them in a different category in my life and mind. It varies by person. But they don't get the same "status" they had before, they don't have the same importance to me or level of me caring for them...and if they build it back up it is gonna take time.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't say I hold a grudge per se...I just put them in a different category in my life and mind. It varies by person. But they don't get the same "status" they had before, they don't have the same importance to me or level of me caring for them...and if they build it back up it is gonna take time.

Same
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Forgive means you no longer hold that against them. BUT forgetting is something we can't do. We can simply forgive and move beyond that person who gave us a cluttered mess that we have to clean up. Once we decide to move-on, that person is either a part of our life (2nd chances) - or - they are not.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I forgive and don't give them anymore of my precious time or energy. If they are mean there's something wrong with them not you.

I am a pretty callous person when you piss me off. I have no problem sending a person to the land of nothing in my world.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Define "bad."
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    If people are sufficiently toxic to me, I remove them from my life. Life is too short to let yourself be surrounded by crappy people. Just cut them loose and move on.