What's Your Favorite Lazy Recipes?

Options
13»

Replies

• bird5_3
    bird5_3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    nikkit321 wrote: »
    I just discovered a fabulous recipe - throw a bag of frozen meatballs in your slow cooker and then dump in two cans of Campbell's french onion soup. Absolutely amazing! Could serve with rice to soak up the soup.

How Long do you cook it for? And on high or low? Already added these ingredients to my online grocery basket!
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    2 cans of tuna (or boneless skinless salmon), drained
    1 can of kidney beans, drained
    light mayo
    optional chopped celery
    salt, pepper, cumin
    microwave for 2 minutes

delicious and nutritious
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Can of black beans, rice in the rice cooker, jarred salsa :)
    Sometimes, depending on my calories, 1/2 avocado.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    How lazy is lazy?

I've been known to just eat straight packaged tuna. That would be a day where I can't bear cooking AND can't bear buying take out or frozen ('cause plain tuna - yuck). Doesn't get any more lazy than that.

If I want to actually have something I like, I'll poach some eggs and have them with toast. Or, I'll make a proper tuna salad with apples, pickles and mayo.
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1lb ground meat
    3 cans of whatever kinds of beans I want X3
    1 can of tomato sauce
    hot sauce to taste
    whatever spices are in my cupboard (lol)

I usually throw this in the crock pot on low, go to school/work, and come home to a delicious chili dinner X3. I don't usually time how long it takes, but I don't cook the meat before, so long enough for that to be cooked. I have in the past added Thai tomato soup and/or water chestnuts as well. Really the above recipe is the base of it :P
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just cooked up 4 quail eggs and put then on top of a hunk of sliced turkey breast (Applegate Farms). Pretty awesome to me!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Throw a few chicken breasts in a crockpot with a jar or two of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. You can sub in BBQ sauce if that's more your style.

I do this rather frequently with the salsa. Sometimes I add a can of black beans and/or a bag of frozen corn just to add some more "meat" to the dish. I also add a bit of taco seasoning for a little added flavor. I make my own taco seasoning mix, so I just kind of sprinkle a bit around in the crockpot. It is awesome over brown rice, in tacos, in quesadillas, over salad, etc. and it's great leftover! It is so yummy!

We made this over the weekend with 4 chicken breasts, 2 jars of salsa, black beans, and corn. We made burritos with it on Sunday and used it for chicken nachos last night for dinner. We still have another 2 meal's worth of chicken that we're freezing. Best lazy recipe ever.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Fry up some hamburger with onions and garlic, mix that into some cooked elbow macaroni and a can or two of tomato soup with about 1/4 cup of milk.

It was my mom's "chop suey" that she threw together on busy days. Sounds weird but is tasty.

My mom used to make this, we would mix in sour cream and eat it with tortilla chips the next day after it thickens.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Fry up some hamburger with onions and garlic, mix that into some cooked elbow macaroni and a can or two of tomato soup with about 1/4 cup of milk.

It was my mom's "chop suey" that she threw together on busy days. Sounds weird but is tasty.

My mom used to make this, we would mix in sour cream and eat it with tortilla chips the next day after it thickens.

We add kernel corn and grated cheese. Call it Beef Mexicana!
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have been buying a rotisserie chicken here and there, and keeping it in the fridge to make quick meals like quick chicken salad, a sandwich with some cheese and baby spinach or whatever toppings you like. Boil some reduced sodium broth and cook some frozen veggies and add the chicken in cubed pieces. Shred the chicken and use in on top of a quick salad.

Or tuna salad is another easy one. I love putting random veggies in my tuna salad.

The grill can also be a great way to make easy things quickly, if you are lucky enough to use a grill this time of year. Shish kabobs, grilled meats and grilled fruits or veggies.

Shrimp scampi with steamed broccoli. Fresh fish, baked, topped with assorted seasonings, add some couscous and whatever veggies on hand. Or with a side salad.

I've also done a frittata for dinner. Load it with veggies and shrimp and cheese and milk and it is a very satisfying meal.

The grilled lemon olive chicken here is great, too! :
    http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20415761_5,00.html
  • happyhealthyandglutenfree
    Options
    For breakfasts, my favorite lazy recipe is protein fluff

1 frozen banana, sliced (or 1 cup frozen fruit of choice)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    4-5 ice cubes

Combine in a blender and puree until smooth
  • basaranayca
    basaranayca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Throw a few chicken breasts in a crockpot with a jar or two of your favorite salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred with a fork. You can sub in BBQ sauce if that's more your style.

6-8 hours of cooking? how is this a "lazy recipe"? :)

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

6-8 hours of cooking? how is this a "lazy recipe"? :)

Do you know how much sleeping I can get done in 6-8 hours?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs on avocado, or Tuna on top of shredded zucchini with some cheese.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Frozen chicken breasts, frozen corn and a jar of salsa. Throw into the crockpot on low while at the office then shred chicken. You can put over rice, on tortillas, plain, on salad. Add black beans, jalapeño etc. Very easy and versatile.

I make this with salsa verde. So good. We make burritos with this.

Sautéed boneless porkchop, heated a can of green beans, stir fried Green Giant frozen mixed peppers and microwaved a small baked potato for dinner tonight. 30 mins max and all so good.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options

I do this rather frequently with the salsa. Sometimes I add a can of black beans and/or a bag of frozen corn just to add some more "meat" to the dish. I also add a bit of taco seasoning for a little added flavor. I make my own taco seasoning mix, so I just kind of sprinkle a bit around in the crockpot. It is awesome over brown rice, in tacos, in quesadillas, over salad, etc. and it's great leftover! It is so yummy!

We made this over the weekend with 4 chicken breasts, 2 jars of salsa, black beans, and corn. We made burritos with it on Sunday and used it for chicken nachos last night for dinner. We still have another 2 meal's worth of chicken that we're freezing. Best lazy recipe ever.

Yay! :)
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fusilli with broccoli and pesto - cook the broccoli in with the pasta, drain, stir in pesto, halved cherry tomatoes, slurp of cream if you have the calories for it, maybe some sliced ham or bacon. Parmesan grated on the top. We used to call this Shrek pasta when the kids were small :-)
  • jen20l6
    jen20l6 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Think I will give this a try. Thank you!
  • Watchinherbackthistime
    Options
    I like to cook up some pasta and throw in some ham or chicken with a tin of soup I use chicken or vegetable but whatever tickles ure fancy xxx