Under 200 Cal Lunches?

Options
What are some easy, under 200 cal, vegetarian lunches?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    salad

also, why only 200 calories...that's pretty much a very light snack.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Stew.
    Salads.
    Fruit/vegetables dipped in a little peanut butter.

What do you eat for lunch now? Can you just eat 200 calories of it?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Some things I've had: Brothy soups, salads with a minimal dressing (I like apple cider vinegar mixed with mustard), a sandwich thin with some vegetables and a small portion of hummus/nut butter, vegetable stir-fries, vegetable noodles (cucumber, zucchini, etc) with marinara sauce. All of these can be under 200 calories depending on the ingredients and the quantity that you eat.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with chopped up vegetables topped with sriracha.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Stew, soup, chili, stuffed vegetables (peppers, squash/zucchini, tomato, eggplant, spaghetti squash), and everything janejellyroll said.
  • jessicacr1337
    jessicacr1337 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    salad

also, why only 200 calories...that's pretty much a very light snack.

Preferring to eat heavier breakfasts and work it off throughout the day :) Only needing a smaller good portion of something healthy for lunch! :)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    4oz grilled chicken and some veggies
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This was 203 calories (but I added a half a tablespoon of butter so it could be 153 if you don't use butter. Some salt pepper and garlic powder and it was delicious and very filling 0q2cepda8ovj.jpeg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    4oz grilled chicken and some veggies

She's a vegetarian.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Vegetable soup. Make it from scratch and you can fill it with as many veggies as you like. You could also add rice or noodles if you want.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    500g Vegetable stew over salad leaves with a little cheese
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Packaged coleslaw (1 1/2cups is only 30 cals) with sliced red peppers tossed with peanut dressing & topped with Sriracha! Spicy & crunchy! It's my fav, but if you're packing, just pack the dressing separate to keep the good crunch. I like to add a few roasted peanuts too if having as a dinner meal.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of spinach, some taziki sauce, shredded carrots, .5ounce chedder cheese.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    How did I miss the bolded vegetarian. I make a crust less spinach herb and cheese quiche that is under 200 for a quarter of a the 9inch pie pan. Maybe look up some recipes (sorry I don't have a recipe I just eye ball it then add the calories and divide).
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    How did I miss the bolded vegetarian. I make a crust less spinach herb and cheese quiche that is under 200 for a quarter of a the 9inch pie pan. Maybe look up some recipes (sorry I don't have a recipe I just eye ball it then add the calories and divide).

I do 4 eggs, 4 egg whites (or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites), 1/4 cup skim milk, and about 6-8oz of whatever veggies I want. Saute your veggies, beat your eggs and milk with salt and pepper, and pour it in a parchment lined cake pan. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes until set.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    frozen veggie burger and frozen veggies. Season w/ Mrs DASH or low salt salsa or marinara depending on veggie burger. Nuke 3 minutes. Hot lunch under 200 cals.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Today I had homemade tomato and red pepper soup which is about 90kcal for a large portion, with 50g of tiger bread with a thin smear of butter which came to about 270kcal, with less or different bread or a completely different addition you could easily reduce that to 200kcal
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    A veggie burger topped with salsa. Yum!!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Packaged coleslaw (1 1/2cups is only 30 cals) with sliced red peppers tossed with peanut dressing & topped with Sriracha! Spicy & crunchy! It's my fav, but if you're packing, just pack the dressing separate to keep the good crunch. I like to add a few roasted peanuts too if having as a dinner meal.

Sorry to be off topic, but where do you buy your coleslaw from/what brand is it? I love coleslaw but it's usually 60cals a tablespoon even for the light stuff where I'm from!

Also, to OP; anything with eggs in will be filling but can be low cal. I love things like poached eggs on toast. 1 egg (60 cals), 1 slice of 'danish' bread (60 cals) and some spinach or a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce comes in at under 200. I usually add a slice of ham but as you're veggie maybe substitute in veggie alternatives, or some sliced mushrooms? :)
  • shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sauteed portabello caps sandwich on low-cal bun