Under 200 Cal Lunches?

Options

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Packaged coleslaw (1 1/2cups is only 30 cals) with sliced red peppers tossed with peanut dressing & topped with Sriracha! Spicy & crunchy! It's my fav, but if you're packing, just pack the dressing separate to keep the good crunch. I like to add a few roasted peanuts too if having as a dinner meal.

Sorry to be off topic, but where do you buy your coleslaw from/what brand is it? I love coleslaw but it's usually 60cals a tablespoon even for the light stuff where I'm from!

Also, to OP; anything with eggs in will be filling but can be low cal. I love things like poached eggs on toast. 1 egg (60 cals), 1 slice of 'danish' bread (60 cals) and some spinach or a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce comes in at under 200. I usually add a slice of ham but as you're veggie maybe substitute in veggie alternatives, or some sliced mushrooms? :)

You're thinking coleslaw with dressing included, not just the shredded cabbage or cabbage carrot blend that that poster was referring to. Without dressing, which is usually mayo or some other fatty dressing, shredded cabbage is almost non-existent.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles with peppers, bean sprouts, garlic, maybe a couple pieces of baby corn and soy sauce
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    lentil soup
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A good fat-free or 2% Greek yogurt (I like Fage) with fruit, cinnamon, and a few chopped almonds. Alternately, skip the nuts & go with a cup of low-cal salted or sweetened popcorn if you'd rather have volume than fat.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    How did I miss the bolded vegetarian. I make a crust less spinach herb and cheese quiche that is under 200 for a quarter of a the 9inch pie pan. Maybe look up some recipes (sorry I don't have a recipe I just eye ball it then add the calories and divide).

I do 4 eggs, 4 egg whites (or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites), 1/4 cup skim milk, and about 6-8oz of whatever veggies I want. Saute your veggies, beat your eggs and milk with salt and pepper, and pour it in a parchment lined cake pan. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes until set.

Thank you! I normally make 3 quiche at a time so figuring out individual quantities was too much for my congested brain today.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Packaged coleslaw (1 1/2cups is only 30 cals) with sliced red peppers tossed with peanut dressing & topped with Sriracha! Spicy & crunchy! It's my fav, but if you're packing, just pack the dressing separate to keep the good crunch. I like to add a few roasted peanuts too if having as a dinner meal.

Sorry to be off topic, but where do you buy your coleslaw from/what brand is it? I love coleslaw but it's usually 60cals a tablespoon even for the light stuff where I'm from!

Also, to OP; anything with eggs in will be filling but can be low cal. I love things like poached eggs on toast. 1 egg (60 cals), 1 slice of 'danish' bread (60 cals) and some spinach or a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce comes in at under 200. I usually add a slice of ham but as you're veggie maybe substitute in veggie alternatives, or some sliced mushrooms? :)

You're thinking coleslaw with dressing included, not just the shredded cabbage or cabbage carrot blend that that poster was referring to. Without dressing, which is usually mayo or some other fatty dressing, shredded cabbage is almost non-existent.

Ah I see! Where I live we only have one type of coleslaw which is the one that comes with dressing. I've made it before myself from scratch, but didn't know you could buy it without dressing :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    It looks like this - just shredded cabbage and carrots in a bag. ukxlct43d2pe.jpg
  • rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you eat tuna: take 1 hardboiled egg, 1 tbsp. mayo and 1 can of tuna. Mix the egg yolk with the mayo and cut the egg white up. Then mix in the egg white and tuna. Half is 125 calories and it fills me up.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of shiritaki noodles. Add whatever curry or past sauce you want. The noodle calories are practically free so you have almost 200 cals of sauce / tofu / beans to play with.

I do egg white omlettes with a little oil for 200 cals

Vegan protein shakes made with almond milk and fiber top up also come in at 200 cals.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    These are some really great ideas. I'm so glad you asked!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    What are some easy, under 200 cal, vegetarian lunches?

i do speed soup - its carrots, leeks, onions, oxo cube, tinned tomatoes, tin of lentils, and red,yellow and green peper, throw in some seasoning and chilli flakes - bam a beautiful veg soup.. 136 per portion serves 4
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If you had the option of 300 calories i could give a lot more since i'm also vegetarian and thats what i usually eat.

Off the top of my head something you could do:
    Snack Plate including: 1 hardboiled egg, baby carrots, half a cucumber cut in sticks, 2 tablespoons of hummus, a little laughing cow cheese

Snack plate including: 1 pink lady apple cut into thin slices, 2 tablespoons of PB2 powdered peanut butter, 1 hardboiled egg

Wrap: 1 flat-out wrap, 1 tablespoon hummus, spinach or spring mix, sliced carrots, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and a small dash of balsamic vinegar

Soup: I would recommend a high-broth type vegetable soup

Salad: A very large bowl of greens, carrots, tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumbers, etc. I would use a tiny amount of feta or a high-protein cheese and a low calorie dressing/lemon juice/balsamic

Protein Bar: Such as quest

Protein Shake: 1 scoop protein, 1 half banana, with water

that's about all i can think of off the top of my head.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Salads with two tbsp of raspberry vinaigrette. Less than 70 cal.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It looks like this - just shredded cabbage and carrots in a bag. ukxlct43d2pe.jpg
    I love this stuff.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    diets under 1,000 calories a day are extremely dangerous

There is no evidence that OP is eating under 1,000 calories a day. OP has said she likes her other meals to be bigger -- that's why she's looking for low calorie lunches. When I was losing weight, I frequently ate tiny lunches because I wasn't that hungry in the afternoon and I liked to save my calories for the evening.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a rush, I'll scramble two medium eggs in the microwave with half a roasted red pepper - if I've remembered to roast the red Pepper the day before! Filling, yummy and 180 cals.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Salad with veggies like cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes, chick peas. Top with some cottage cheese or feta (the cottage cheese is more filling, I find). A vinaigrette dressing typically won't have as many calories as a creamy dressing and if you use cottage cheese you can skip dressing altogether. Could also try chopping up a hardboiled egg on the salad for protein. A banana or apple slices with peanut butter could also be a good option.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    i make a hearty roasted butternut squash soup (no dairy) With half a thin sandwich on 35 cal/slice bread. for just about 200 cal. I love St. Joseph's pitas at 50 or 60 cals each, depending on which size I get, with turkey, one slice of cheese, and homemade cranberry sauce that's very tart, sweetened with a bit of splenda - makes a good pannini if you toast it in the oven. Or a salad, but make the toppings interesting: i like baby kale with a little feta, thinly sliced pear, capers, olives, and light dressing. There are a lot of options for 200 calories. Recently I discovered imitation fettuccine alfredo sauce, made with pureed cauliflower and lots of sauteed garlic. The sauce is about 50 cals for a 1/2cup (lots of recipes on pinterest), and a serving of pasta is 200 cals, or mix with brown rice - a serving is 150.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I cant believe I've never seen this before! haha. I'll have to try and hunt some down (or failing that make some myself)