How do you plan on eating right this Thanksgiving and Holiday season?

Options
13»

Replies

• vinsmomma26
    vinsmomma26 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    sstout02 wrote: »
    Are you throwing out all rules this Turkey day I'm planning on it lol.

damn right! :smiley:
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am ALL SET for this upcoming holiday. I plan to fully enjoy the day's meal, and in order to still achieve my goal to still lose weight this week, I am eating less today through Wednesday with all food planned out and logged for the whole week. Exercise plans are in place as well. I feel very in control and ready to get it done AND fully savor the lovely spread of food we have the privilege to enjoy. This is the first time I have made such elaborate plans concerning eating, and it feels really cool! :)
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    I don't really care about the food. I care about the cakes and pies. I'm going to try to limit myself though. I'm not with gaining my weight back over the holiday season. I worked for these 18 lbs and I don't want to see them again.
  • chickiechickie
    chickiechickie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am actually intending to stick to my calorie count. I'll probably skip breakfast or have something light, stick to water at dinner, and stop eating once I am full. I'll have more veggies, maybe have a small amount of desert, a tiny amount of potatoes, etc. When I allow myself to binge, there is always a risk of that binge lasting several days so I would rather feel proud of myself afterward rather than like I failed.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I will eat whatever I want to in whatever quantity I desire on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. I may or may not log it. I might be too busy with friends and family (not to mention in a remote, internet-free area) to care much.

The rest of the time I'll as I have every day for the last year. With moderation and concern for meeting nutritional needs.

That said, I have a slight advantage in the "don't accidentally overindulge" category. You see, I'm deathly allergic to peanuts, and allergic to soy as well. There are *VERY* few foods I can eat that are made by other people; I just can't trust their kitchens to be completely peanut-free, or rely on their reading of ingredient labels (even made on equipment that also processes peanuts, or in a facility that also handles peanuts is off-limits for me). So that means on Thanksgiving I'll be good with turkey, mashed potatoes, whole cranberries, the salad I make myself, and very little else. Ditto for Christmas and New Year's. If I want pie, I'm going to have to bake it myself.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I planned and iniput my feast months back. I won't waste calories on things like pie crust, or sweetened beverages, but will have a tiny piece of pumpkin pie. I will also eat pecan pie at the church bazaar where I can only eat one, and leave the rest of the pie there. No one eats it at my house and I would "have" to finish it. It IS a sin to waste food....

Waste calories??? On pie crust??? What language are you speaking lol. For me there is no point to any pie without the crust.
  • laurajoecrystle
    laurajoecrystle Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I plan on eating whatever I want on Thanksgiving
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am making a paleo pumpkin bread to eat while others are eating pumpkin pie.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I planned and iniput my feast months back. I won't waste calories on things like pie crust, or sweetened beverages, but will have a tiny piece of pumpkin pie. I will also eat pecan pie at the church bazaar where I can only eat one, and leave the rest of the pie there. No one eats it at my house and I would "have" to finish it. It IS a sin to waste food....

Waste calories??? On pie crust??? What language are you speaking lol. For me there is no point to any pie without the crust.

Truth.
  • LuanaBean
    LuanaBean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Go for a nice long walk in the morning for energy and to clear my head. Eat slowly and enjoy every bite.
  • OliverMol
    OliverMol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am isolating myself with pre bought snack peas, skype and other stuff.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    So, for those who were planning to stick with some restrictions, how'd you do?

I pre-logged the day, and wound up not even eating everything I'd planned. I'm feeling quite good about that! I also got people to take most of the leftovers.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I ate under my calories. My husband and I figured out what we had to have and nixed the rest. No turkey, ham steak instead of a whole ham... I saved my dessert for today because I would have gone over my calories with even a small piece of pie. Our thanksgiving dinner was approx. 4000 calories for 3 servings. I ate a little over a third with some things and my husband finished off the rest later that evening. No tempting left overs. (The pie should take a week to eat. I cut it into a small slices and honestly, I think I'll feel like the calories aren't worth a piece everyday, so if my hubby doesn't eat it in the next few days, I'll just throw it out...)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    That's great, @IILikeToMoveItMoveIt. This morning I actually threw out almost a whole cake that nobody wanted to take as leftovers. As much as it kills me to throw away food, what was I supposed to do with food NOBODY wanted?
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I take food to my neighbor sometimes. They like sweets. I wanted to bake with my daughter and we made cupcakes. We each had one, my husband ate a few and the rest went next door. I don't know if that is something you can do with your neighbors but it felt good. I actually felt like a neighbor from the 60's lol.