Lunch small portion of pasta and a piece of fruit
Snack yoghurt
Dinner small chicken low fat wrap, baked beans and a yoghurt
I LOVE UOGHURT lol

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you like it? Does it fit your calorie and nutrition goals? Do you feel good eating it?

If the answer to all three is yes, then it's probably good. If not, then consider swapping some things out for other options.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That's a lot of yogurt. My opinion depends on what kind of yogurt this is. Gogurt--no. Plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt--yes.

Are you getting enough protein? Are you going over on the carb macro?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of yogurt. My opinion depends on what kind of yogurt this is. Gogurt--no. Plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt--yes.

What is wrong with gogurt?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a really small amount of fruits and vegetables. You may be falling short on some vitamins. It also lacks variety. You may get bored after a while.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Where's the fat??
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    good for what exactly?
  • juhi110998
    juhi110998 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You should definitely add more vegetables and fruits
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »
    This is my typical day
    Breakfast porridgr and a low fat yogurt
    Snack yoghurt
    Lunch small portion of pasta and a piece of fruit
    Snack yoghurt
    Dinner small chicken low fat wrap, baked beans and a yoghurt
    I LOVE UOGHURT lol

This doesn't match your actual tracker. You haven't had porridge in the last few days, for example, and I am seeing lots of KFC, not very many low-fat wraps.

You will want to tighten up the accuracy of your tracking. There are entries which don't make sense. For example, a crumpet probably doesn't have zero carbs.

I agree that you need to add veggies in somewhere.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    its a lot of yoghurt. BUT if you like it, fits your macros, great. Do you have a goal? Losing weight? gaining muscle?
    feeling better?
    One day is pretty tough to tell trends, and long term eating is what you strive for. Amount mean a great deal too if you are trying to lose.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

What is wrong with gogurt?

If you eat 4 tubes of Go-Gurt a day, that is more than half of the sugar that you should be consuming daily. It doesn't leave much room for fruit or other, more satisfying, foods which also contain sugar.

Even more standard fruit or vanilla yogurts sometimes contain quite a lot of sugar. There is often a big difference between vanilla vs. plain in terms of carbs and sugar. It is worth paying careful attention to yogurt labels as nutrition varies quite a bit.

It looks like the OP is actually eating several different kinds of yogurt.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Shes only a few days in with logging. Once she gets the hang of it, she will make better choices. There is nothing wrong with gogurt for that matter. Its the quantity. Opt for better choices like grilled chicken if you like kfc. Go into your nutrition tab, check your sodium intake. Kfc is sodium laden. Keep on logging!
  • chinny88
    chinny88 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I work for kfc that's why lol the wraps I have there are high veg and pulled chicken rather than the fried variety
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This is neither good nor bad - if it works for you, by all means continue :]
    I'm just going to assume you're counting calories and weighing portions in which case, it really doesn't matter WHAT you eat - just the quantity!
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It looks very unbalanced to me. I'm not a stickler for hitting macros by any means, but I would guess you diet is very low in protein and fiber and high in sugar and that you're missing out on a lot of important nutrients. I would add a LOT more veggies.
  • chinny88
    Options
    It's just hard to fit them into my hectic days
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Pre-prep.

Once a week I make a vegetable soup or mason jar salads. I buy baby carrots and pack them as a snack. You can also buy veg and cut them up for snacks. I try to eat veggies with every meal except breakfast but I'll have lots of fruit with breakfast.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

Prepare a salad and take it with you. Or eat it before your shift or after, depending on your hours. Get some carrots, apples, nuts or whatever fruit or vegetable you find easy to eat on the go and eat them at breaks to add some extra fiber and vitamins. If you can eat a yoghurt, you can eat some fruit.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    This is neither good nor bad - if it works for you, by all means continue :]
    I'm just going to assume you're counting calories and weighing portions in which case, it really doesn't matter WHAT you eat - just the quantity!

That is true from a strictly weight loss persepective. I think a lot are commenting from a health perceptive as well.
  • chinny88
    Options
    I like things that are bite size like grapes but their not that great for you by all accoints
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I like things that are bite size like grapes but their not that great for you by all accoints

I'm confused. What aren't great for you? Bite size things? Or grapes?
    Grapes are fine for you.